1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you spend $8/month for Twitter Blue?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Due to inactivity? Have you been using it to read tweets, or you haven't signed on at all since that date?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The sexiest demo of women hate Republicans. More for me. More hair for me to SNIFF. GOOD LUCK

No wonder fatty fat has the 65+ demo on LOCK

#203 Ziggy, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The right can win them back. They just need to strip away more of their rights and then insult them. I'm sure it will work.

TheFreak, jiggyfly, SamFisher and 2 others like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This should be at the forefront of discussion in light of any "gleeful firing."

One billion a year in interest payments...

How many test tube babies and NDAs from female coworkers could you buy from that??

Tesla stock might enter another viscious cycle.

Elon Musk Says He Had ‘No Choice’ in Slashing Twitter Workforce, Claims Company Was Losing $4 Million Daily
    Elon Musk said the massive job cuts he ordered Friday at Twitter — axing roughly 50% of the social network’s employees — were unavoidable.

“Regarding Twitter’s reduction in force, unfortunately there is no choice when the company is losing over $4M/day,” the billionaire tweeted. He said every Twitter staffer who was fired was offered three months of severance pay, which Musk added is “50% more than legally required.”

Musk need to cut costs at Twitter because the company was facing a not only a high burn rate but also the need to repay (and pay interest on) the $13 billion in debt he raised to swing the takeover, amounting to about $1 billion per year.

Twitter notified employees Thursday that they would find out via email on Friday whether or not they still had a job. All told, about 50% of the company staff — roughly 3,700 of Twitter’s 7,500 employees — was laid off, according to a tweet by Yoel Roth, Twitter’s head of safety and integrity.

In a Twitter thread, Roth said about 15% of the company’s Trust & Safety organization was let go, compared with 50% cuts companywide. He claimed Twitter’s front-line moderation staff “experienc[ed] the least impact.”

Musk reiterated Friday that “Twitter’s strong commitment to content moderation remains absolutely unchanged. In fact, we have actually seen hateful speech at times this week decline below our prior norms, contrary to what you may read in the press.”

Earlier Friday, Musk complained that “activist groups” were responsible for a dramatic falloff in revenue at Twitter, although the company was already facing a challenge economic environment before Musk closed the $44 billion takeover.

“Twitter has had a massive drop in revenue, due to activist groups pressuring advertisers, even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease the activists,” Musk tweeted Friday. “Extremely messed up! They’re trying to destroy free speech in America.”
    Interesting he demonizes his workers while asking for sympathy of the circumstances at the same time.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I currently pay $3 for Twitter Blue but in its current form it has nothing to do with blue checks/ID verification. I just got tired of seeing ads. YouTube is also worth paying $10 a month to not see ads and I find it unusable without logging into my account. In the long view, subscription models are much better than being at the mercy of advertisers who will pull the plug should content creators decide to be critical of corporations.

It's the same way that cable news underwritten with ads by drug companies and insurance companies and brokerages have a conflict of interest covering big pharma and wall street. I'm not a fan of paywalls on news sites, but my favorite news sites have no ads and use a subscription-only model.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No I stay logged in my phone and read tweets daily.

9. Buck Turgidson

Which are those?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The math don't lie. Ad-based platforms make more money. which is why you wont see a subscription for Google Search.

A few people paying $8 a month is going to move the needle.

Twitter cant go public again at the price Elon paid with only $8 subscription revenue.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

As a sidenote, @Os Trigonum - DD might have actually been right with that quote in your signature - at least for now. There is a first for everything, lol.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He had no choice!

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's early yet. get back to me in two or three years . . . or four or five years

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He will need to figure out a mix.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I also prefer the subscription model to the ads-based model. And I particularly despise ones that charge a subscription and still give you ads. That's like getting into bumper-to-bumper traffic on the tollway. But, you can't dip into a wide selection of platforms if everything is subscription based. You'd have to choose which you're willing to pay for and just forsake the others. The ads model at least allows you to experience a wide variety of things. And seeing what others unlike you see is probably good for society at least.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Twitter actively dying was not on my 2022 bingo card.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is what actively dying looks like to some people.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Prove that isn't fake.

Yall believing things a frequent liar says? PRIVATE company jargon? Yall some suckers. He probably just hand-drew a line. Lulz.

jiggyfly and Reeko like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How many of those are new troll accounts?