1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Brooklyn Nets will fall apart???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, Jun 25, 2022.

?

Will the nets fall apart

1. Yes

179 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I might be crazy but I have incredibly low interest in trading for Durant. I’ve watched some games this year and I’ve been shocked at how he looks to be declining even though he’s still putting up numbers. Signing Harden in free agency to be the point guard and have a Jason Kidd type of second act is interesting to me at a hometown discount of course.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am assuming that they are done with Kyrie. This is the last year of his contract. They'll try to trade him, but not gonna get anything back. They may just let him walk.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

imo... the move for them is to try to work a 3 way deal w the Rox...
    KD to wherever...
    KD assets to us...
    Nets picks back to Brooklyn...
    obviously with tinkering - but that's the gist...
    better for us if the move happens in the off season - so we can continue to tank the season b4 adding talent...

pippendagimp, Easy and theDude like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I almost feel bad for the Nets fans. Almost.

But honestly this is just ripping off the band aid. That team clearly wasn't going anywhere. Now they can at least begin their rebuild. They'll have to trade Durant and anybody else for as many picks as possible since the Rockets have theirs. Then they'll have to clear cap room and utilize it as they did last time. Become the dumping grounds of the NBA in exchange for more picks. They've got a long road ahead of them but they'll be fine.

Honestly, as big of a bummer as it was when the Rockets traded for Westbrook then a year later when Harden demanded out, I've had a whole lot of a fun with the rebuild. I just hope Jalen and Jabari get where we need them to get.

So hopefully the Nets fans will be able to enjoy another rebuild too. As we enjoy reaping the rewards of their team sucking for years to come.

But make no mistakes, their team is going to suck. Because it's not just that Kyrie is probably done with the Nets and that Ben Simmons is probably forever garbage and that Kevin Durant is likely gone before the deadline. It's also that the organization itself has appeared to be a complete joke in all of this. So what top free agent is signing up for that? At least, not without top to bottom changes within the organization. I also doubt any of the superstars are thrilled with how Joe Tsai treated Kevin Durant's demands or how he's spoken of Kyrie on twitter. All of that will matter in free agency.

God these picks are going to be solid gold. Stone really did do as good as he possibly could have in that situation.

#265 Williamson, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  6. alethios

alethios Member

Wouldn't that be something if we were in position to get both Wemby and Scoot after the smoke clears.

BMoney likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We'd have to get a 2nd lottery pick for that to happen. Unless you're saying the Bucks are going to completely collapse.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There aren't that many Nets fans in Brooklyn due to the somewhat newness of the team (and the remaking of Brooklyn) and there's other **** to do there anyway - honestly other than the media who has to cover the Nets - nobody really cares about whether or not the nets are good

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

His fake forced apology makes him look even worse because it’s obvious he is still not sorry and is still a bigot.

I’ll go on the record to say he will never play another game for the Nets

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think this is his last year in the league

That said . .. IF HE WANTS . . . . he can make some ridiculous money internationally

Rocket River

xaos and riko like this.
  11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah it may be in their best interest to just be trash. They won’t get a better pick than the Rockets but hypothetically we could walk away with Victor while they take Scoot.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No he can't...unless Saudi Arabia starts a basketball league (since buying foreign sports leagues is apparently their chosen national economic development strategy)

Europe is in a recession and its basketball system can't pay that much. Nor can China as Xi is busy tanking their economy too

AroundTheWorld and Rocket River like this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

Wizards on that bullsh*t tonight

14. riko

riko Member

Nike just cut ties with the clown. He just lost tens of millions in shoe revenue.This is just the beginning.

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The Nets, unfortunately, looked solid tonight. Trading or cutting Kyrie may be addition by subtraction for them.

16. riko

riko Member

Yep. He is nothing but a dark cloud. His antics just saps the energy of those around him.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Whats that say when 2 of the headcases aren't playing - and the team crushes by 40+... lol!

im tellin y'all i think many players are fed up with the prima donnas... but they gotta keep kissing butt realizing that they are just 'role players' and not 'cornerstones'... people always like to reference MJ and Kobe being difficult... but its one thing if u gotta eat crap from MJ - and another if its Russell Westbrook - while yer trying to feed him rebounds to pump his stats... lol.

18. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Kyrie to middle east or balkans to learn whether earth is flat or not.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I said when he cried for a trade it would be difficult for them to get any real value in return.

I think it's even worse for them now than it was before the season started - he hasn't been good and then there's the contract that has 3 years beyond this season at $42m, $46m, $49m & $53m.

That might be the worst contract in the entire league right now.

They aren't getting "a young star and multiple #1 picks" in return.

They aren't getting a young star either .... and I doubt they get more than one first round pick and salary filler.

I wouldn't do anything to relieve their pain either ....

Easy and luckyman76 like this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Due to luxury tax, the Nets are completed effed. They can't trade Kyrie now because he is so radioactive, even to his one suitor, LBJ. The Buss' are Jewish and Brooklyn is not taking back Westbrook. My guess is Kyrie is so poisonous that he gets cut. I believe the "AT LEAST 5 GAMES" is Brooklyn Nets code for researching whether then can cancel his contract outright with the NBAPA for morals clause or significantly fine him to get back money like last year. KD is GONE GONE and probably been told play well, head down, shut up, and we will roll you out of here by trade deadline. Simmons is an albatross they are going to have to eat in full.

I know everyone thinks that they will be mediocre if they lose their stars. Ask that question of Sacramento, Detroit, Orlando, Houston, Lakers. With Brooklyn those are the TRUE bottom 6 teams in the NBA. That is Brooklyn with KD ballin statwise with a team that has a locked cap. People act like they only spent money on those 3 players. FALSE. Once Durant is gone that ill-fated roster is going to burn badly. Durant props them up in ways you cannot imagine. The difference here is which team would you prefer to be Brooklyn or the rest of those other teams? With no draft assets, no cap, and no draw to recover Detroit and Orlando have brighter futures. I would not trade ANY of our picks back to them in some Durant trade because no team is going to trade them a true star for Durant and those picks for the 4 years after this one are some of the greatest treasure the NBA has ever seen. The ultimate farm system that provides the deepest roster into longevity. Because of them we don't owe OKC the 2025 swap.

Shark44 likes this.