1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Some things are better left unsaid. There is a huge reason why Kyrie needs to just back off of this one. I won't comment anymore to be respectful of the Dish, but yeah, this is a lack of understanding of history if you are questioning the reasoning.

clutchdabear and JumpMan like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

well I doubt he thought this thing would blow up when he was just posting a tweet of something available on Amazon…at this point, the media has promoted this film 100x more than Kyrie…it’s become a best seller on Amazon now

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If he didn’t know what he was doing (and how controversial it would be) when he tweeted that link then he’s a complete idiot. I highly doubt that’s the case.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

U highly doubt that Kyrie is an idiot?

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I highly doubt he was oblivious as to what kind of reaction his tweet would have caused. This ain’t a flat earth bs tweet or is it a baseless anti-COVId vaccine stance. The dude literally saw/read about this documentary and had to have been aware that the commissioner of his professional sports league is Jewish and decided to play with gasoline and matches.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you think Kyrie is being punished for merely a privately held "viewpoint" (that the Holocaust was fake and all sorts of other trash) then you simply haven't been paying attention to anything that actually happened (much like Holocaust deniers and election deniers and covid deniers etc) - accordingly you should not expect many to put a very high credence on your opinion here.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

I see what you're saying, but based on descriptions, it's very much blacks are the true Jews and what we consider now as Jews are [fill in with stereotypical, anti-semitic & historical inaccurate associations of a group with world domination, illuminati, all of that] + Holocaust didn't happen yadayada. Just dropping that kind of ignorant bomb on people and then get defensive about it was the last straw for the Nets.

Slyonebluejay and JumpMan like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

more likely that he saw something he thought was a piece of black history that wasn’t being told and posted it…Why? Because he’s an idiot?

Kyrie Irving: “Yeah, I’ll break down the day for you. I went back home to get ready for the game, and I was on Amazon Prime, and I’m sitting there on my phone at the same time. I usually do those things. Like I watch documentary, I watch, a program that’s education first that either talks about history, or finance, or it talks about the state of the world. I’m all over the place when it comes to, you know, really elevating my consciousness because I didn’t get it in school. All I did was get seven hours a day being indoctrinated and brainwashed on a history that doesn’t belong to me or my ancestors. So that day, particularly, I went home and I was on Google. Of course people love that search engine; I wasn’t looking for any anti-Semitic stuff or anything specifically on any race of people. I looked up my name and what it means and it’s a title given to Christ, Philippians: 211. My name translates into Hebrew language as ‘Yahweh.” So I went on Amazon Prime. I was like, ‘You know what? Let me see, are there any documentaries on “Yahweh.” So I went in the search bar, typed in “Yahweh.” That came up. Went out and shared it on my platform, that was my night.”

pmac likes this.
  9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have no intention in defending his viewpoint, not even sure what it is, just that he should be allowed to have it, especially if it's as wrong as his belief that the earth is flat. But, I know he can't hold tht viewpoint and still exist in the entertainment world so he needs to move on.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

i don't think Irving actually even watched the documentary. I think he saw the provocative title and saw key words like, Black history, conspiracy, etc that fit his new age, third eye, psuedo intellectual persona and linked it on his twitter, not thinking much about it.

When confronted with the backlash, he was utterly caught in prepared. So rather than admit he made a mistake and profess that he didn't even watch the film he argued semantics about promoting it.

This theory makes the most sense to me, since while I believe Kyrie is an idiot, I think he really believes he is an enlighten thinker and following in the footsteps of great humanitarians like MLK, Ghandi, etc and is honest when he says he cares/respect all races and religion.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This should go over well with Kyrie.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure but he's actively promoting it (and has a history of doing such things) despite his employer telling him not to many, many times.

So, he then deals with the consequences . It's totally possible to make a career as an Alex Jones lovin' online edgelord - ask NBA legend Royce White.

If he wants to do that nobody's stopping him - he's absolutely allowed to have kooky views, just like we are allowed to call him a kook and not humor him.

" Free Speech" edgelord types tend to confused the right to be hateful/unpleasant etc with the right to be insulated from any blowback therefrom. It doesn't work that way, at least for now

KingCheetah likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

"Do the right thing" apparently is just "agree with me"

Nba is so p***y lmao what a joke

CircaSurvive and JumpMan like this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What else is this thread going to be about for the next few weeks? His suspension? I know the DnD people's thoughts.

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If it's on Amazon, how controversial can it be? It just seems some communities like to throw their power around when convenient. Kyrie is the whipping boy when ppl choose 2 be offended

Rocket River likes this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

All religion is made up bs at the end of the day

Why is it wrong for kyrie to have his own interpretation?

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That's what I thought when this came up...

I actually think there's a possibility he's out of the nba depending on how he responds.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dude should honestly be suspended the whole season if/until he sincerely apologizes. Otherwise, what's going to happen when he gets back? Is the NBA going to expect Kyrie to apologize? If he doesn't or is still unremorseful, is he gone for another 5 games? 10? 20? Or is the NBA just hoping this will all blow over by the time 5 games is up?

NBA is a complete shitshow.

Kyrie burns sage, doesn't show up for games sometimes, thinks he's above everyone because of his "intellect," thinks he doesn't really need a head coach, and now this.

20. i3artow i3aller