1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Primo Waived by Spurs?! (12th pick in 2021)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ickaruto, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

don't these brehs have agents that help with social media and public image? he and kyrie need their agents to swoop in and take control of their accounts?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agents could only do damage control, I doubt their clients take life lessons from agents, that would be eye opening and a first to me.

Jontro likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

Thought I once heard that Peyton Manning used to behave in a similar fashion.

BigShasta and Jontro like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I believe any team can claim him if they want to absorb his salary. However the question is why did the Spurs cut him lol. I honestly thought it was a massive reach even at the time (Primo was 20+ in almost all the mock drafts) but it's crazy they'd cut the guy they spent a lotto pick on considering how stacked 2021 draft class was. They could've had Sengun at 12 (in fact majority of mocks had him going to Spurs).

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And it's quite likely that he did have some sort of sexual trauma as a child that manifests itself this way. I doubt that anything in his statement is untrue. This appears to be playing out in exactly the way it should. If he gets the help he needs, he may still be able to go on to have a productive life, whether in the NBA or not. Hopefully it was caught and addressed before it progressed into something worse.

snowconeman22 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Victims of getting flashed? LOL I'm sure these grown adults are traumatized seeing a big black schlong cmon man.

If you wanna get down to it KPJ throwing food at teammates and officials is a more serious matter than an NBA player being a serial flasher. Esp with JC showing little to no development it's a good time to take a chance on this kid.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing about a forum is that we can all voice our opinions and you might find it not severe and as a male myself I might even agree but I can't speak for any women.

That's not for me to say.

It just feels like a sickness, a massive fetish, a perversion to me.

Society values change by the minute, what wasn't severe years ago is severe now.

Players get all the attention and money, of course they are going to be held to higher standards than the average Joe.

FYI you have to be really careful if you go to the final base with an rather unknown girl, they might get you for rape.... it's all angles now.

#207 daywalker02, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    B-Bob likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok but I dont get what any of this has to do with Primo. Dude flashed people, we see streakers all the time they show up in games esp in football games. Did everybody who saw that streaker just got raped? Makes zero sense.

Maybe that is some sort of fetish or perversion. But unless Primo has the urge to strip mid game and flash everyone on the court I dunno why he should be treated as some sort of pariah.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Exposing yourself to some strangers in public is already a crime, albeit a misdemeanor in most cases.

But try doing that at work, especially if you are in a higher position than the victims and see how serious the matter is taken.

In this era, No corporation/company is going to leave themselves vulnerable to a sexual discrimination/harrisment lawsuit by not seriously punishing the offender.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not a pariah, right now he is some dude who lost a high end job and could still be back but he is still under investigation if there are other sexual harrassment cases.

He signed a contract with the Spurs and they let him go.

As for all the pariah noise, enough people will side with the women publicly.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Nah man.

While I hear what you're saying, respectfully disagree. At age of 18, should know not to flash someone. That kind of stuff should not happen. 18 is an adult in the eyes of the court.

If Primo flashed a straight (or gay) dude, that's still kind of traumatizing. At the very least, that kind of thing is going to F' up your day. If he did that in the hood; dudes will throw hands. Now switch shoes imagine a woman seeing it, not only is the act bad; but at the time, she might not know if Primo was going to follow up with an escalated act.

Spurs did the right thing. I doubt this kind of behavior can be solved with a week suspension. Primo needs to work on himself and get himself right first before playing ball.

#211 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not disagreeing with the Spurs, they were right to punish him. But now that he has been punished, Rox should scoop him up cuz if they could take on KPJ the food thrower they can def reclaim Primo the serial streaker.

fattz and Jontro like this.
  13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This wouldn't have happened if there weren't any women in the men's locker room. Unless this happened at the cafeteria. Then he would be a weirdo.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

too bad it didn’t happen in the parking lot. cus that would be acceptable

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who cares where he did it though flashing is one of the least serious offenses and crimes a pro player has committed. Compare that to domestic abuse, assault, drugs, theft, dog betting etc that **** is pretty tame. It's like the Weeny Hut Jr of offenses as far as I'm concerned.

Jontro likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  17. nemac

nemac Member

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Smart move by NBA teams. Claiming him would just invite a ton of unnecessary drama to the team.

Primo will likely not play this season (even if he were claimed).

I'm guessing some team signs him for the minimum next season after he serves whatever punishment & the legal issues are resolved.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Dankstronaut likes this.