1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm laughing because our complaints are LAUGHABLE! Our core players KPJ, JG, Jabari and Sengun are 19, 20, 20 and 22.

We have played 2 very good Eastern Conference teams on the road on their home openers and a team that took the eventual NBA Champion to the brink in the playoffs w/o their best player and ALL I'm hearing and reading are complaints.

KPJ - a 22yr old going into his 2nd yr playing PG is avg 19/5/6 and the complaint I'm hearing is, he's not finding Jabari in the corner!! Mind you Jabari missed ALL of the preseason, outside of 1 game and they just started playing together this yr. Never mind, the fact that they are learning on the fly.

Jalen Green - last yr at the beginning of the season, people were saying he was a BUST. Now they're saying he has EMPTY STATS. He's avg 24/5/2 in his 2nd yr and he's only 20yrs old

Sengun - people are crying because he didnt START on Saturday against the Bucks, yet the game against Memphis he played good coming off the bench and some we're saying he maybe found his role. However, Garubu filled the role and I thought he played well considering.

The Rockets are YOUNG. They're still learning and they need to get stronger. They out rebounded ATL and Memphis and were close to Milwaukee w/o Bruno.

We need to give them time!

Ekiu, Kevooooo, topfive and 11 others like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What complaints are you referring to? The only one that matters is fire silas.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

First week of a new season on Clutch Fans is like a Kings of Comedy special. I'll miss it when things get "serious" :D:D:D:D:D

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

K. How about this. You tell us a way we can frame constructive criticism without being seen as haters?

My take on KPJ is clear. He has the talent to be part of a core future contender. But what he isn't is a ball dominant heliocentric primary playmaker. That's okay. That isn't the type of offense this team needs to run anyways. That's all. I hope as the season progressed we see KPJ mix up his game and do some off ball action also. He's a good catch and shoot shooter. He can also be occasionally a connective passer. Mix things up.

Mr Woods, javal_lon and Ankara1923 like this.
  6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Don't stop at 3 players bruh.. Name em all to make your point real..

7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

LMFAO … WTF :D

coachbadlee likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Most of today's PGs are not ball dominant playmakers, they are score first. Look at Damian Lillard and Steph Curry.

And how many Warrior fans wanted to get rid of Curry at first, because he was too small, injury prone, all he does is shoot, he doesn't playmake. We have to give these guys time.

We have to understand, when it comes to their ages; Sengun, Jabari, Green and KPJ are the equivalent of a mid - age college team, 19, 20, 20 and 22

HP3 likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't worry. The comedy never stops.

Verbal Christ and Believe It! like this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I named those 3 because those are the most notable.

HP3 likes this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol and you want to know what's really funny? The UH roster is just as old or older than the Rockets core players! And fans are complaining.

It never stops!

groovemachine likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Stop laughing, where the hell is game day thread!
    Jesus

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The correct answer is clone Sengun and start him at all 5 positions....
    even though only playing 4 Senguns is needed.

4 (Senguns) vs 5 is no contest. Play 3 on the offensive end while one
    is snow birding at the defensive end. Perfect 82-0. Problems solved.

CriscoKidd and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Kids playing against men. Jury is out on Silas though.

BallSoHarden and Le$$ like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Muhuhahaha it is tremendous insult to Utah

DeBeards likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea tbh it's amazing there doing as good as they play. Tbh all these guys are under 21 lack any real experience, it's great. 2 more years add some vets, team should be rolling. I think they need 1 max player who has the playoff and winning vibe to bring them up in couple years. Jalen Brown from Celtics seems like a good fit.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The only discord I see is should Sengun start and should the Rockets extend KPJ which is now put to bed.

I don’t see anyone that is freaking out and thinks we need to make a panic trade for Monte Ellis and Samuel Dalembert or anything. 99.9% of us are in on “The Process” and not freaking out about ANY losses this year.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

You are 100% wrong on this. 4 Senguns and 1 Green. Wait that would make you 80% wrong.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sengun coaching......fire Silas

jk

Xopher likes this.