1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ/Rockets agree on extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 17, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

guess u are a nice poster than I. Right now getting ready to clown on mr. scarface for days to come on the Texans forum after they finally got rid of the easterbunny cancer

2. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Silas couldn’t fight tears

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the final 20 games of last season he was averaging 20/6/5, if he maintains or slightly improves that while slightly improving his efficiency from what it was in that sample, he's pretty much all NBA.

raining threes likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Awesome. Lets get to work

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

All NBA means a top 15 player

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

his free throw shooting is his only thing he really needs to improve on. He shot the ball much better last year as the season went along.

theDude and raining threes like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, and how many players average considerably better than 20/6/5? Like I said, if he improves a bit on that while improving efficiency, he's right there.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Fantastic contract. Stone is already a better GM than Morey.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are not his therapist how do you know he is not stable, would you guarantee 16 million a year to a guy who is not stable when you can wait the entire year to try and make sure?

If he was not stable he would have more incidents than the ONE since he has been on the Rockets, talk about a timeline.

If he was not stable he wouldnot have come back immediately and apologized and then got better as the season went along.

Boy some of ya'll are going to hang that incident over his head forever and just ignore everything right he has done.

Ren ason and DaDakota like this.
  10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Are you being sarcastic here, or are you just very dense?

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

My money is on the latter

Sep11ie likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The market isnt that big for KPJ after his own actions. Its good for both parties to build trust.

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Jokic, embiid, lebron, giannis, durant, luka, ja, tatum, booker, trae, steph, SGA, paul george, dame, jaylen brown, AD, harden, butler would be 18 guys already, you think he can crack the top 15? How far into the future are you talking in your opinion?

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is a very reasonable deal. I am good with this. And now I hope he will pass the damn ball and get everyone involved, including Alpi :). I wish KPJ much success, as a human being and as a member of the Houston Rockets.

GO ROCKETS!

don grahamleone, Easy, Nook and 3 others like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@Bobbythegreat has some outlandish takes for sure .

I’m not quite as high on kpj as he is , but the ceiling is definitely there .

reason #1 - kpj is actually a pretty good defender . Being a 2-way player is incredibly underrated. Harden didn’t break into being a top top player until he brought value on both ends .

reason #2 . Kpj has been playing with **** for teammates ... but now the talent and experience level has gone up . Our rookies from last year all more xp . So does Tate and KMJ . And we got rid of wood and brought in 3 more young talents . - it’s not quite an all-star team . But , kpj has more talent around him .

haven’t quite looked at details of the deal yet , but most everyone here says it’s a good one . 4-84 with not all guaranteed seems pretty good to me .

it will be exciting to see how much better our rookies get . I feel like Tate has both of those qualities too . He’s not as skilled nor as young nor as athletic as kpj ... so duh his extension was smaller . But , I think BOTH those guys will look a lot better this year and a good portion of it will come from playing with better teammates.

we just need garuba to get good .

Hakeemtheking and raining threes like this.
  16. pharmplayer

pharmplayer Member

If he improves on 20/6/5 while improving efficiency was the key.

For example if he averages 20,6,6 with 48/40/90 shooting splits, I would take him over Lebron (At age 40), Harden, SGA

Also of the guys listed, I am not sure half of them can average 6 assists. If KPJ can average that with above average shooting splits then its slam dunk

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The contracts the Rockets have to be concerned with in the future will be max deals and those are a percentage of the cap - Very difficult to front load those types of contracts.

As for this years crop of FA's, I agree they are somewhat underwhelming .... but MAX guys aren't the only fish in the sea. You can add a couple solid veterans to this group in the 20m range and maybe get more milage for your buck.

Myles Turner at something around $20m and you still have another $35m to play with - either push into the following season or use in a trade / sign and trade.

18. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

This contract should keep the others youngins in line .

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Not even gonna lie, that massively just boosted Silas in my eyes.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The all NBA teams are done by position, last year Chris Paul made 3rd team all NBA at 14/10/4, If the Rockets impress and KPJ and Green blow up the way I think they can, they'll both likely make the team within the next few years.

Notably, James Harden hasn't made an all NBA team since he was on the Rockets, so there's more than a little bit of politics involved in picking those teams.