1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Brooklyn Nets will fall apart???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, Jun 25, 2022.

?

Will the nets fall apart

1. Yes

179 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they will underachieve, but there is too much talent to completely fall apart if they are all healthy and spending significant time together on the court. Fortunately, that is a big “IF.”

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

I don't see how things can go back to normal though. Durant wanted to be gone, wanted Coach and gm fired. Now everything suppose to be fine and dandy? Nah can't be that simple

burlesk and roslolian like this.
  3. MystikArkitect

All it will take is one injury and it'll all fall apart. Considering KD and Kyrie are two of the most injury prone, high usage players today, the Nets are basically a house full of kerosene and matchsticks with a couple of arsonists inside.

burlesk, Rochut, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

To make it worse, Tsai absolutely detests Kyrie for blowing up their franchise with his antivax drama, his unscheduled sabbaticals, etc, then demanding a max extension....and Kyrie has responded by ...

... Showing maturity and moving on..in a contract year?

... Naaah psyche! He's doubling down on the trolling and pumping sicko Alex Jones.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am trusting the dude from Alibaba, they are not doing bad although you could say owning a pro basketball team is a whole new venture.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Nets by December.
    4601968B-9BCE-4A23-B22C-174C33B19E7B.jpeg

burlesk and clos4life like this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i dont think they're gonna full on bottom out - barring multiple injuries.... honestly i think trading KD would hurt our picks value...
    KD can get injured (or be a b*tch) - that would severely hinder the team... but if they trade him for an assortment of assets - odds are at least some of those components will be available on a consistent basis... at least enabling them to be a mediocre .500 team...
    All of their big 3 are headcases... they're gonna implode to some extent... but they have enough talent to put on the floor (or trade for other assets) that they're not gonna bottom out...

This is why i believe we should do our darnedest to trade their picks BACK to them... 3rd wheel on a KD deal or something...
    IF they have their pix, they can blow it up and start over - IF they have their pix - they have an incentive to do so...
    IF NOT... they can stay no worse than middle of the pack by just assessment mgmt and utilizing their payroll on journeymen (as opportunity exists)...
    Point being, barring unforeseen injuries, we are only going to get so much benefit outta those picks... but the Nets can make those picks more valuable (if incentivized by owning their picks...)
    So hypothetically...
    Lets say avg Nets pick is gonna be worth #15 to us...
    it could be worth #5 (or better) to them - if they tank...
    So... give me value worth #10... and its a win-win....
    thats how i'd play it...

Realizing we may have the same play next offseason - when we can use our capital against acquiring talent to hopefully take us to the next level in a 3 or 4 way deal...
    but... then u run the risk of the Nets committing and making moves that may eliminate their thoughts toward blowing it up - like dealing KD at the deadline for other current talent or re-signing Kyrie or whatever...

i'd cash out now.. and take my winnings and run...

imo...

#27 kjayp, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    theDude likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree. That's why what happened is the best scenario for us KD and Kyrie staying on the Nets after they already both said they wanted out.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

What value can Nets offer us though that is woth #10 since we already own their picks?

theDude likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

talent or pix from whatever they can pull for KD (or Kyrie)... I'm talking 3rd wheel or 4 team deal or something...
    basically, KD to team X, Team X sends asset(s) to us, we send pick(s) to Nets... along with whatever salary matching requirements...

11. PhiSlammaJamma

The falllout is over. Now it's just basketball. See Robert Horry. They will more than likely be contending for the title.

theDude likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Robert Horry right before training camp wasn't tweeting about how vaccine mandates are as evil as the Holocaust as chattel slavery.

There are some characters on this Nets roster. Unstable characters.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The problem the Nets have is that they don't have a floor raiser.

A guy that can basically carry the load for 82 games, and easily get you homecourt in the playoffs.

If they try and run their offense through Durant or Kyrie, those guys will breakdown quickly.

Plowman and Entropy like this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No.

But there’s a decent chance it will. A lotttt of talent still. I think they’ll figure it out. But I’ll certainly be rooting against them.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

this dude plays basketball just cause…like it’s a well paying obligation

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think they get the 5th seed, but wouldn’t be shocked if they have to be in the play in games.

I think we will have had some extremely good fortune(bad for them) if they are worse than that.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not having fun playing basketball?

[​IMG]

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Be well

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

How worthless and to think we had posters talking about how phenomenal he is and that coming to the Rockets would change everything, Simmons included.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean some people just do a job because that's how they make their living, doesn't mean it's their passion. It must be nice to be paid millions of dollars keep yourself in shape, play some basketball, and overall have a lot of time between the end and start of the season to do whatever the hell you want. I wish I had a gig like that.

Corrosion likes this.