1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Gov. Phil Bryant helped Brett Favre secure welfare funding for USM stadium, texts reveal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Sep 13, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daddy wants to treat his daughter with the best, by robbing the poor.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Checked on youtube. Nearly every news network has uploaded a segment on the Brett Favre scandal. Why hasn't Fox News?? Hmmmmmmmm

Imagine the front page headlines on Fox News had this been a Democrat Governor in New York or California? LOL

#22 krnxsnoopy, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    HP3, Nook, TheRealist137 and 2 others like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet the girls volley team is hot
    @Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i knew this hot bebe once who plays volleyball, she was this cute viet bebe and we called her thunder thighs. would fap

dmoneybangbang, jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Brett Favre is an innovator
    He started the whole dick pic stuff
    Now women’s volleyball arena

the haters hate

Jontro likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Typical conservatives always like to downplay this sht corruption bs by making jokes. Poor Mississippians cant even get clean water due to the incompetent republicans. This scandal is another steaming pile of sht that the Mississippians are forced to endure.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Jontro likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s been a lot of shady stuff around Brett Favre so I’m not surprised at all by this.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not mentioned in the article, but Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase also got $3 million.

Always happy to see former pro wrestlers have a second career.

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

this stuff works breh

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Favre should've got a Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump for his work and sacrifice on the fields.

Quit slanderin our national treasures!

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I continue to be dumbfounded that people put this type of info in a text..........text can be leaked and recovered once you delete them, stop the insanity, friends don't let friends text illegal crap

dmoneybangbang and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

No joke.

The man has gotten a LOT of passes in his life.

As a freshman in college he was vomiting on the sidelines of his first game because he was badly hungover from the night before as an 18 year old. People just thought it was funny.

He also was driving hazardously in college, flipped his car and almost died and no one seemed concerned that he was driving at a high rate of speed and flipped his car on a turn. They took out like 3-4 feet of his intestines if I remember right.

When he was with the Falcons he was late for practice often and was notorious for not working hard. Yet someone how that turned into the Falcons not realizing Brett's ability.

He became addicted to pain meds in the NFL and it was so bad that he was having seizures.

The Packers protected him and told him to come forward and admit his addiction publicly to save his reputation before the media reported it.

He only agreed to rehab because they NFL would suspend him and fine him a million dollars if he refused.

The guy was with his wife for over a decade, had kids and said on national television he hadn't married his girlfriend because he wasn't sure she was "the one" while his wife and kids sat in the car with him.

The guy has severe memory issues and has admitted that he he has had dozens of concussions.

His family situation outside of his wife has been chaos, he lost his dad relatively early, his brother and a number of cousins. His daughter was pregnant as a teenager and he was a grandfather his last few seasons as a player.

He has ripped off charities and the government. He was paid for speeches he never gave and fought about giving the money back. He has had several businesses and associations that were involved in theft.

He is one of the only players I can think of that were actually singled out by the NFL for violating their alcohol protocol and was a drunk for the first half of his career.

He was caught sending media women in their early 20's pictures of his penis which they never asked for. He also refused to admit it he did it or cooperate.

CLEARLY Brett Favre is not someone that exercises good judgment or has good self control. Couple that with dozens of confusions, numerous fraudulent businesses and his incredible entitlement - and you have someone that everyone would be best to avoid.

HP3, subtomic, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is no doubt borne out of a mindset that poor people deserve to be poor and should not receive help such as welfare. All Republicans think like this.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Just want everyone to refocus. This isn't so much about sports figure "Brett Favre" as it is about fraud committed by the Governor of Mississippi (and other government officials).

Even if Fox News tries to bury this under their "Sports" section, rather than their front-page or news section. If you think this is about Brett Favre then you're being gas-lit.

HP3, mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I guarantee you that his thought process doesn't even go that deep.

He has lived a life where he has never really been told no.

His father was his high school coach, he has been the prodigal son in his little town since he was a child. He did well in college based purely on his arm and he was an alcohol and later a drug addict with very little consequence. He has his first child with his then girlfriend when he was 19 years old. He broke up with her and wasn't involved with his daughter and did not financially support her. His ex girlfriend worked multiple jobs and went to college and took care of their daughter while Brett played football and was a drunk. After 4-5 years Brett asked his ex out again and they started dating. He was mentally abusive, was almost never around and was a drunk and lived the star lifestyle according to his wife.

He has never had to face the consequences for anything he has done. I doubt he thinks that poor people deserve to be poor, because he likely never even thinks about poor people. He just does what he wants and when he wants. I don't know if it matters but he is a big Trump supporter.

HP3, subtomic, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

As someone who would vote for some classically Republican ideals if they weren't enmeshed with ****ed up hate and religious issues, I can say that this is wrong from a purely 'fiscally conservative' standpoint.

Many fiscally conservative people think everyone deserves to not be poor if they can make it on their own. That's where the divide comes from on welfare, free healthcare, etc. People who pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps resent free handouts. What these people don't realize (or care to think about) is that there is a subset of the population who are disabled (including mentally) or just don't have the means to become successful on their own. And there is also a subset that is just leaches, but that's part of any people equation.

I've come to understand that it's a social contract. It doesn't mean that I don't resent baby-making welfare mommas but it is what it is. And it's why I help people out when I can, because everyone deserves a chance.

What I do resent more than anything is entitlement. Just because your fat white ass was always in the driver's seat due to birth of station, doesn't mean you get to keep it because of who you are. You always have to stay fresh and nimble or you lose what you gain.

19. Nook

Nook Member

It is about both Favre and Phil Bryant.

FWIW Phil Bryant is no longer the governor of Mississippi but he was at the time and yes he is a Republican. The reality is that Mississippi is and has been very poorly governed for a long time and the state is not in great shape. There are different rules for those that have money and those that don't.

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Major summed up the point I
    Totally agree that it's not that deep a thought process for him. I don't know about his life but regardless I don't think he even thought about welfare and people who need it

Nook likes this.