1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

Well damn. I am going to request one too.

2. Xopher

Xopher Member

Hey Buddy, can you do me a favor and make 1 sane post out of ten? I need to ensure this is still sarcasm...LOL

jiggyfly, AleksandarN and Blatz like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol. Says the guy that gets his information from “peer reviewed research” and “award winning journalists”.

Sheep.

Rileydog, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 12 others like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mdrowe00 and foh like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was a good one.

Xopher and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. cdastros

cdastros Member

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have to side with Jesse. Whoever that guest is is obviously on Soros’ payroll.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is that it isn't a question. He absolutely had them. They were seized when the warrant was executed.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You do know that Rs conceal carry, right? Asking gun toting SCW a poll question with the word IF instead of SINCE might get a stand-your-ground response.

#2610 No Worries, Aug 26, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

it's a cult

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The problem that both parties have is the establishment wing of them have no interest in solving any of the problems, they will go so fart as actively trying to eject anyone from their parties that does, as they use those issues to facilitate voting loyalty through exploiting their suffering (there are quite literally regions, ruled by one party for decades, who genuinely believe the other party is the one responsible for their plight), this isn't a unique to the USA thing, it's just an inherent weakness in republics and one of the primary reasons monarchies outlast them.

And the first outliers out of these will almost always be the truly disheartened, people just like her.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

john yoo also said the president has the authority to have a childs testicles crushed in front of his parents. he is a war criminal and should be treated as such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Yoo#Commentary
    In December 2005, Doug Cassel, a law professor from the University of Notre Dame, asked Yoo, "If the President deems that he's got to torture somebody, including by crushing the testicles of the person's child, there is no law that can stop him?", to which Yoo replied, "No treaty." Cassel followed up with "Also no law by Congress—that is what you wrote in the August 2002 memo," to which Yoo replied, "I think it depends on why the President thinks he needs to do that."[36]

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's true to a certain extent that yes, the Democratic party does play to their audience of voters that they should vote for them because their policies help give minorities more power, or that it'll help rectify some past injustices.

And in the past I would say that maybe there were those at the top who had no interest in really acting on it, and even to this day there are a few who have little interest.... BUT I do think that in recent years there's no incentive for the Democratic party to NOT give more agency to African Americans in particular, or other minority groups, and we are certainly seeing more and more policy being written that does help those groups. The Democratic party, and even Trump in his own way with the crime bill, know that you have to actually do some things. The idea that they'll just vote ideologically because you campaign on empty promises now is I think a myth, and most people get that you do actually need action.

One of the less talked about policies enacted that seems small, but caught my eye as meaningful is a pretty decent budget in the new Biden Bill to basically add greenery, trees, etc. to urban areas. While the right will mock this, you have no idea how much hotter those areas of the city are in black and brown neighborhoods, and nothing brings down the value of your home more than it being next door to an empty mini mall with a huge concrete parking lot. People are sentimental about their homes, and I think it's stuff like this that makes the difference in the long run, and I give kudos for taking action on not just the big ticket items a group like this one out of Tampa (who look to be tampering with the Russians) would want... like Reparations, but doing the work to grind through real life difficulties that black and brown people face.

So I think we can largely dispel the talking point that "both parties don't really do anything and just play to the vote" now. Yes there are some challenges with special interests and you have some Democratic Senators in red states with mostly white voters that get squeamish on some policy items, but this idea that Democrats don't realize they actually need to do things is mostly a myth when you actually look at the policy, and you look at the incentives for the party long term.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This doesn't look good for Trump

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that...

pugsly8422, Nook, AleksandarN and 4 others like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the obese orange is squirming now

ElPigto, jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.