1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is in the Rockets 9 man rotation and a James Harden return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Aug 7, 2022.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

I'd take Harden back in 2 years when

Harden Ty/KPJ
    Green Mathews/Christopher
    Tari KJ/Tate
    Jabari
    Victor Sengun/Garuba

2. sydmill

sydmill Member

I think you ideally look to have 3 man rotations at guard and forward and then 2 bigs that get plenty of minutes. I think right now I like KPJ-Green-Christopher as the main guards. Perhaps Nix or Tyty get some run but likely just a few irregular minutes or mop up duty. I think Smith and Eason are guys I see as potential fixtures at forward. Tate I think is moved at the deadline or next offseason when the Rockets add a vet free agent (Wiggins?). I do like the idea of one using the 2023 lottery pick to get a forward to bring off the bench (Jarace Walker, Cam Whitmore or GG Jackson maybe?). I just love the idea of Eason and Smith with Sengun, KPJ and Green down the road. Perfect compliments. As for the center spot, I think Sengun is locked in there at the moment. I think a backup is probably coming in the draft next year or if Garuba develops. I like Adem Bona with the Bucks' pick to groom as the guy behind Sengun. Obviously a lot of time before we know what we have with guys on the roster or whats available in upcoming drafts but thats where I am right now.

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Can you really blame him? The guy gave houston years of his career, making the rockets relevant again. We still would have been a struggling lottery pick if it wasnt for him. We tried to get the winning combo for a championship and it didn't work.

Some of yall are acting like he pulled a KD, the man gave Houston its best years since the Tmac & yao era, arguably better.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He repeatedly had subpar performances in close out games, feuded with the team's most clutch player and pushed to have him traded for his inefficient ball dominant garbage friend which finished off an already declining team, then he bailed during the season instead of the offseason when value would've been higher (fortunately it worked out for us).

So.... there's that.

I dont hate the guy but I hope at this stage of his career he evolves into a more team friendly Harden again instead of an uber high usage guard with declining athleticism and negative perimeter defense.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

KPJ/Bev
    Green/Harden
    Tari/Gordon
    Jabari/PJ
    Sengun/Capella

That would be borderline romantic

D-rock likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

1) Kyrie off the market (LeBron wanted Kyrie)

2) Lakers trade for Beverley (Westbrook -Bev hate each other)

3) rumor is Lakers now possibly revisiting Westbrook (2 first Rd Picks) to Pacers
    for Buddy Hield/Myles Turner

Can Rockets get Eric Gordon/Kenyon in on that deal? I know it belongs
    on random trade thread....but it may alter our 9-man rotation

Trade works on trade machine (WB x Hield/MT)

#47 ApacheWarrior, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    luckyman76 and MultipleSauces like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPj
    Green
    EGO
    Sengun
    Smith

Tate
    Christopher
    Bruno
    Nix
    Eason
    KMJ
    Mathews
    Ty Ty
    Garuda
    Nwaba

are my 15.

I would like to trade, EGo and Nwaba.

Also maybe, Mathews, KMJ, Garuba, and Tate.

we have too many players that need time to develop, and you can’t play them all.

DD

luckyman76 likes this.
  9. DanO 337

DanO 337 Member

Reality just set in...

10. verysimplejason

Please move on from Harden. If you want a new better culture, you have to skip on him. Arriving out of shape after the summer, and partying too much won't do good to the current crop of players. Besides, a balanced offense is a lot better than Harden's hero offense.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden.
    Paul.
    Ariza.
    PJ.
    Clint.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Harden signs with Lakers next summer now that they will have near max cap space with PatB trade.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

green
    tari
    bleksmith
    senjoon

don’t even need 9 man rotation. we can win with only 4

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Adem Bona and Alpi will fight for center position of Turkish national team in near future. So, it is not desirable to see them at the same franchise.They should work seperately for better outcomes.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Agree - no way Harden goes the worst team in the league just because he is feeling sentimental. If anything he would just go back home to LA if he really was a sentimental guy and wanted to play for a bad team.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden was so underappreciated.

By fans and ownership.

And IMO - Beard not returning to a rebuild. Nor should he.

Happy belated James!

#59 D-rock, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Ziggy likes this.
  20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That reflects positional roster spots but that's not really all that useful for this team because we have exactly one real PG on the roster(TyTy) and as a result functionally that's not how Silas played guys last year. For instance, even though Jaygup is a SG, he often was the backup PG last year.
    I totally agree that Harden was under appreciated throughout his career and continues to be but despite that I don't see the point of Harden being a member of a team that is trying to contend well past his eventual retirement. The skills he brings would be crutches that this team needs to be able to develop for themselves if they want to be competitive for a long time. It's painful at times to watch now, but better for our long term development to have guys like Jalen and KPJ taking their lumps with as many reps as possible. You don't want Harden cutting into that because it would be at the expense of developing a future on this team.

D-rock likes this.