1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like Rockets dodged a bullet.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Aug 24, 2022.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

To be semi fair to Chet, I weight more than some NFL players lol.

Believe It! likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Wow, that's rough for OKC. Punch in the gut for sure, hope he recovers but this could also be the first sign of things to come.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Sad day. Thought it would be interesting to see if he had an offensive game to apply to his talents. Still thought Jabari was the better player, best player, but would have liked to see them compete.

5. AXG

AXG Member

It's to be expected. He was so frail and skinny. Unfortunately, if he gains too much weight, it could get worse like what happened with Yao.

seeingredtx likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was just thinking, Tari may really have dodged the "bad luck" bullet here since he was guarding Lebron a lot of the time in the game.

7. BreakYoSelfFool

LeBron did step on his foot. If you check the video that zeeshan posted it is between 3-4 seconds in. Don't know why the doctor ignores it in the video, but his foot was in a similar position to the next step back when the doctor tries to say the injury occurred. I wonder how being hurt in a non-team scrimmage affects Chet's contract. of if being a contact or no contact injury matters.

Seems like a serious injury, feel sorry for the guy. I'm sure OKC will take it very slow with his recovery and but there still may be issues. I guess it is good that the bone isn't broken, but he might still have to get plates or screws in his foot. I thought the Rockets dodged a bullet on draft night, but season ending injury in pre-season is a worst case scenario.

Hakeemtheking, zeeshan2 and Trackwell like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's already serious. He's out for the year.

9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

It’s heartbreaking. I was rooting for the kid

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heartbreaking? His career isn't over. He's 100% guaranteed to receive $20M over his first two years and has an overall contract in place for $60M. He now has a year free of NBA basketball and could re-enroll in school and take classes over the next year. There are a lot of heartbreaking stories in this world... Chet Holmgren is not one of them.

11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I called this exactly. Where is that energy at for Chet?

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Bone Density I think for Centers is the most important thing. Foot, Legs, Knees.

The lack of malnutrition his parents gave to Chet, plus his Skeleton structure, his ribcage being so thin, to small shoulders he can't add much weight without getting injured.

Maybe Chet parents are Vegan and since pregnancy Chet was malnourished since before birth.

13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Shai is probably on the phone with his agent asking to leave OKC. Lisfranc is bad. Chet is missing this entire season and probably going to spend another year working on his frame before setting foot on the court.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

kjayp and Squirtle like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dont be afraid to pull the receipts they would do it to you. Humility is a dish best served cold! I guess Chet wont be the "best player in the league" this year as he stated. Your best ability is availability.

Hakeemtheking and kjayp like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He did not break any bones, it's a Lis Franc injury.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The difference is, Chet never imagined guarding LeBron in his mind since he was three years old like Tari did. Dedication matters. :cool:

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

jiggyfly and Trackwell like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

20. jayfree

jayfree Member

I agree.... Chet is a bust ;)

JayGoogle likes this.