1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Christian Wood Trade Aggregation Day

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2022.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Nothing will happen...they will be waived. We have seen this before. I hope I'm wrong.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

First,

This thread title is hilarious.....if you say it real fast.....

2nd, I am really interested to see if Stone can get some blood out of these stones......

DD

don grahamleone and Ankara1923 like this.
  3. DaDakota

Strip club fight at like 6am in Florida I believe...and 19 year old Scoot was there with him.

Bad influence.

DD

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is a gamble because of the possibility that he looked so good because of the players around him. He could regress on this team, but he could also become really great taking what he learned and moving outside GS’s established system. He’s really the only player I see either in upcoming free agency or via trade that I would want to make a push for.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. theDude

Supporting Member

They were salary filler in a trade with us, and they could be salary filler in an upcoming trade. Waiving them is no loss for us. There’s just no need to do it while we are still looking for trades. If no trade is made, when we have to get down to 15, they will all be waived. No big deal.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scooter was too young to attend that strip club team building workshop. He showed up after Sterling Brown had a bottle smashed over his head for entering the wrong car and all his "teammates" took off and left him there bleeding. KPJ showed up to help Brown.

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Uh… was this directed at Christian Wood or the Rockets in general?

theDude likes this.
  8. DaDakota

Scooter was in the club with them......from what I recall.

DD

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

My memory is not what it used to be. I thought I remembered reports that he was only 20 at the time and unable to gain entry and that he showed up to help out. I couldnt corroborate anything one way or the other from a quick search other than Scoot being fined by the NBA for attending group events during the leagues Covid restrictions so you may be right.

10. DaDakota

He was in the club, it is common for clubs to ignore age requirements when the people are NBA players....it was NEVER reported that he showed up later....I mean come on, it was 6am......

DD

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

With this talented, super young team, they do not need any bad influences. Good point. The team's future depends on the development of the youth.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Quick Google could have helped me out. Thanks!

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

$19.56M Gordon
    $5M Nwaba
    $3.5M Boban
    $3.3M Burke
    $3M Brown
    $2.19M Chriss
    $1.78M KJ Martin
    $38,384,901
    $11,993,920 (Just the Mavs castoffs)

14. theDude

Supporting Member

And all but KJM's (miniscule) salary would come off the books after this coming season. That's why I think it's a perfect trade for GSW who desperately need to cut salary. They've got to extend Jordan Poole, and I'm sure Curry values Draymond over Wiggins, so they need to clear some room out for him down the road.

luckyman76 likes this.
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I mean, I see your point - he is a solid player and timeline wise he is still young enough for this team but at $33mil/year he is REALLY EXPENSIVE for a role player. He currently makes more than Jokic, KAT, Booker, Embiid, Harden, and Jaylen Brown. I think from that standpoint, his cap hold is essentially dead value because you can't trade him easily at that figure especially because there are legit franchise guys and MVPs making that much money.

You also have to consider that GS essentially rolled Durant's contract into Wiggins' so they could keep paying those luxury cap payments(that they can easily afford) and still stay competitive with a max contract slot (in this case spent on a high end role player) but if Wiggins walks WITHOUT GS trading for comparable value, then they lose that max spot and won't be able to turn around and sign someone else of his caliber because they are still over the cap. Essentially, even though Wiggins' contract is not a great contract, losing him or his cap hold would be more detrimental to this team staying competitive than just overpaying him for one more contract while Curry is still around to help them sell out the building....and Wiggins and his agent also know that so I have a hard time believing both sides aren't motivated to figure out how to make it work at GS. Wiggins isn't likely going to make as much elsewhere as he is now and likely won't be a franchise player elsewhere - dude is the GOAT of the "keep making 'dem checks" all stars.

luckyman76 and theDude like this.
  16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I have a hard time thinking Jordan Poole is going to get a max contract similar to Zion and Morant. Seems like GS would be better served to trade Poole and his bird right for another up and coming guard with a lower cap hold but hey, I wouldn't be shocked if GS just pays him either. They make enough money that they would still make a handsome profit even with paying the luxury tax on Wiggins and Poole - the only question is if they are willing to make slightly less money....also keep in mind that it's not outside the realm of possibility that Draymond retires at some point before those guy's contracts expire so maybe its biting the bullet for only a couple of years.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. theDude

Supporting Member

I assume Poole’s extension would be around $25m a year. I think Poole along with how well Kuminga played, probably makes Wiggins expendable. But you are right about the value of being able to fold players into that max spot held by Wiggins. While GSW can definitely afford to pay for an extension, do they have the stomach for it? Everyone has a breaking point.

glimmertwins likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

So there’s been a method to the madness all along :cool:

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's see if Stone can make some magic.

3 or 4 for 1 + FRP would be nice.

luckyman76 likes this.
  20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yeah, all things being equal I think a normal team would stop and be forced to choose but in this case, those sizable profits the team is picking up are only amplified by the synergy created from ownership also owning the building that team keeps printing money from as long as they stay a contender deep into the playoffs year after year. The fact they also financed all of this when interest rates were still low only further highlights that the rules the Warriors play by are not the same as everyone else - they are literally operating within their own unique bubble separate from how every other NBA team has to operate to maintain profitability.