1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Bright Eyes was amazing when i saw them. Andddd no joke the last 4 songs on third eye blind's first album are really good.

Ziggy likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

here is one.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw Primus doing a tribute to Rush on Friday night. Outstanding show. They played a set of their own stuff and then did Farewell to Kings. Other than Les Claypool's vocals they sounded like prime Rush.

I shot a video of Xanadu and if I can get it off of my phone will post.

Other than that have been seeing a lot of small shows of friend's local bands in addition to playing about a show a month with my band at bars.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I mean, I like them (3EB), but it's kind of... like a guilty pleasure kind of thing. Jealous you got a good Bright Eyes show. The closest I've come was Monsters of Folk at ACL one year. If you don't know Monsters of Folk, check them out.

5. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I saw Conor backed by the Felice Brothers a couple of years ago and he sounded great. Phoebe Bridgers opened and did a couple of songs with Conor.

Ziggy likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's cool. I would see Bridgers but she blew up FAST (looks SWEATY trying to get tickets to her show). And good for her. You probably know, but she's in a band with Conor - Better Oblivion Community Center.

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I had never heard of her until seeing her at this show. She played with just another guitarist and sounded great. She and Conor were probably dating at the time.

8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I wasn't going to say anything because I figured it would come off as a brag, but... let me just say... I saw Roger Waters last night and the show was ****ing amazing.

Top concert experience of my life.

By far.

My brain is too tired to @ the people that need to read this. We both know who you are though. Trust me, go see the ******* show!!!

https://rogerwaters.com/tour/

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just saw the headliners for ACL and I think it might be the weakest ever.

10. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I am super excited. I looked to see if I could hit another city up but I can't make it work. UGH - greedy lol!

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Yes it is pretty weak. I am excited to see a few of the bands but I suppose I'll just drink more to have beer ears (if that is a thing).

#51 Dream Sequence, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I was fantasizing about hitting a couple shows. Now I think I might have to. I know I want to! :D

13. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Flew to Denver to meet up with an Army buddy to see Turnstile back in April. Got tickets (2 YEARS AGO!) for Roger Waters in October. Still on the fence about Circle Jerks/7 Seconds at the Granada in a couple of weeks. Saw them tour together in '88 or '89 at Power Tools.

Regarding ticket prices: As a high schooler delivering pizzas part time, I could afford to see Iron Maiden, Metallica and U2 in the same week back in '85. You could buy an Astroworld season pass back then for $25 or $30 and see shows for free at Southern Star Ampitheater (back when it was just an empty field with no seating and a stage at one end). Saw a bunch of concerts there..Cheap Trick, AC/DC, Billy Idol, ELP, The Cure, Heart, Jackson Browne, Night Ranger and a few others.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Saw Primus Tribute to Kings Tour in Vail this past weekend for the last 2 shows of the tour. Saw them 4 times total on this tour and every show was excellent. The ford Ampitheater in Vail is a fantastic place to see a show if you ever get the chance.

DCkid likes this.
  15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

So far:
    Bob Weir and Wolf Bros
    Lorde
    Eric Church
    Coldplay
    The Head and the Heart
    Dead and Company x 2
    Widespread Panic
    Black Keys
    Lady Gaga
    Imagine Dragons

upcoming:
    Mr Joy and Wilco (Wed)
    The Shins (Next Sat)
    Roger Waters (one of the MSG shows)
    Porcupine Tree
    Flaming Lips

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Dawes
    Dua Lipa
    The head and the heart/Dawes
    Next up Elton John

17. body slam

body slam Member

raul malo
    old crow medicine show
    candlebox
    sunny sweeney

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So far this year:
    Primus
    Black Crowes
    Steely Dan
    Elvis Costello

Upcoming:
    Decemberists
    Pavement

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

last year no concerts but attended plenty weddings and funerals online.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

At my age it has become some composite score of the venue + how much I like the artist that determines whether I want to go or not...with the venue probably holding the most weight

I'll go see an artist I have a mild interest in if it's at the venue 15 minute drive from my house. At the same time I'll skip the artist I really like that is playing at a venue that requires me to take the train for 45 minutes and then walk a mile (or have to drive into DC and pay $20 for parking somewhere). I'm also not doing any venue where I have to stand in general admission for 3+ hours. Seats are required.