1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Remember when this was a Republican talking point against the Democrats?

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only that but Biden has been a more vigorous champion of labor unions than any president in decades. Trump did far less than Biden has done to help blue collar workers, even though Trump claimed to be on their side.

What Trump did was put workers at far more risk of injury by cutting safety regs and much more, favoring the big corporate companies paying their wages.

https://tcf.org/content/report/what-biden-has-done-and-still-can-do-for-workers/

ROCKSS, Rileydog and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

it’s perplexing.

Maybe Raining Threes doesn’t have a 401K? The stock market is chugging along and here in texas, oil and natural gas company stocks have literally skyrocketed since Sleepy Joe took over. Job report after job report has been great, Covid is being managed, and things are just really looking up. Granted, worldwide inflation is still a worry, but somehow Joe even has a normal fiscal policy to try to deal with it.

Maybe it’s all the respect and tolerance for others that’s ticking him off?

Joe just won’t seem to say anything bad about minorities, LGBTQ, or white people. He’s so low energy and boring. He is just so damn …. what’s the word I’m looking for … accepting? Respectful? Decent? What a schmuck and yawner of a president.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I wonder how those paid actors wearing Blacks for Trump shirts at his rally felt listening to that. Used? Uncomfortable? Out of place?

ROCKSS and cdastros like this.
  6. raining threes

I'm doing just fine. Many aren't, but you really don't care about them anyway.

7. raining threes

My kid is out of school. I just want to see all kids have the same opportunity. Vouchers would help. Why are you against giving the poor a chance at a better life?

COVID helped parents learn how bad some teachers really are and some of the crap they are teaching. In America freedom of speech should allow disenting parents to have the ability to say their thoughts. Are you against free speech, or just free speech you don't like?

Truth is the education system in America sucks right now and I'm from a family of teachers. Many of who I consider to be condescending a-holes. There are still some very good teachers out there though, but their numbers are dwindling. I laughed at teachers not wanting to teach in class during Covid when other front line people like doctors,.nurses and believe it or not pest control people had to work around the China disease.

8. Rileydog

Well everything I listed that The Biden administration has done is helping people. Actual legislation, not just gum flapping, race baiting stupidity by Trump. See with Biden, you have the luxury of having a policy discussion.

Trump didn’t have any programs or policies. He just wanted to campaign, give speeches, raise money, grift, race bait, spout stupidity, curse minorities,

And you don’t know crap about me. Or whether I care about people. Or Employ them. Or Do charitable work.

#3588 Rileydog, Aug 18, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    jiggyfly and ROCKSS like this.
  9. Rileydog

vouchers don’t help the poor. They aren’t mobile enough to use them. Study after study shows that vouchers help the middle and upper middle class at a disproportionately higher rate.

teachers don’t get paid enough to deal with Covid deniers, idiots wanting them to become armed security guards.

“the China disease” … your Trumper is showing

ROCKSS and dobro1229 like this.
  10. cdastros

cdastros Member

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

"China disease"

So you're poor AND ignorant.

Good job. I feel sorry for your kid who has you as a role model.

jiggyfly and ROCKSS like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Da**** these cunts gumming up the system with useless laws when their entire fake news network is based upon Rome burning and/or Burning Rome.

Nook and cdastros like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

MTG doesn't propose anything useful. It's always bills lashing out at people she hates. I hope she ends up behind bars with Trump and the rest of the lying coup. They are the real felons, not some psychiatrist or doctor providing a kid needed care.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Poor @raining threes

If this doesn't stop soon, I am going to report every one of you for child abuse.

15. raining threes

The disease started in a lab in China.

Live in denial if you want.

16. raining threes

Studies? Where has the voucher system been used?

What is a Covid denier?

Speaking of a denier, Covid started in a lab in China. The way you are presenting things you would think the disease started in Mar Lago

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

My wife’s school district in Silver Spring MA had a voucher system. Also one of the most diverse areas in the nation.

18. raining threes

How is the Voucher system working there? Transportation shouldn't be an issue with the subway system.

My son lives outside of Boston and my uncle lives in Hampden.

Living in the land of the Kennedy's tells me a lot.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hahah.. of course you don’t have a kid in school. Why is it everyone that is so hardcore about CRT, sex Ed, and school vouchers is an old fart whose kids aren’t even in school anymore? You know damn well the whole “voucher” ploy is about defunding the public school system to fully privatize education which is insane. Imagine having “vouchers” for choosing your own private police officers or fire fighters too. How about a voucher to pay for whatever trash collector you prefer??

Nobody is buying this BS argument because the intent is so clear. You’re looking for problems that aren’t there. You admit yourself you don’t have kids in school so you don’t know what you are talking about. I’m around teachers everyday all day. They deserve more respect then having to deal with accusations from old farts in their community without kids in the school who don’t know what they are talking about.

Vouchers and the GOP is a solution looking for a problem. Nobody is buying it except nutcases who watch too much FoxNews and listen to conspiracy theory internet crap.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member