1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Although Click made some awesome bullpen moves last year, I am just not confident in him getting a big fish. I have a feeling we will have an under the radar move for a LH reliever, and thats gonna be it.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

Yeah, i think Keith Law is one of those group think guys that goes along with ignoring the results of what the Astros get out of all their non-prospects...

We've had a bad farm system for 4 years and yet...

Javier
    Garcia
    Pena
    Meyers
    Urquidy

At some point you would think they boost their ratings on some of these guys because of the system's reputation...

IowaAstro likes this.
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I will be very surprised if he doesn’t add at least one bat. It might not be a star level player but I do think he will add to the offense.

raining threes and cwebbster like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

If you think that's the worst trade in Astros history you haven't been following the team that long.

6. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

HIPPA, Its the law.
    To "knowingly" obtain or disclose individually identifiable health information is punishable by A fine of up to $50,000 or imprisonment for up to 1 year.
    Health information is private. Not anybodies business but your own. Stop discussing others private business. It is unseemly and you could be creating a legal issue for yourself or for this site if somebody wanted to pursue it badly enough.
    Lets get back to baseball.

7. IowaAstro

IowaAstro Member

45 years, can you name a trade that was worse? They gave up a ton of talent for a player who was awful and had a bad attitude in Gomez. Fiers pouted and ratted out the team which caused this cheating scandal. How can any trade be worse than that?

The Beard and Wulaw Horn like this.
  8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lot of players are dumb dumbs.

9. awc713

awc713 Member

I got blasted for referencing school shootings being bad once and we have like 4 pages of Covid posts in the middle of the trade deadline? Can y’all simmer down on this unless it’s directly related to a player and a trade?

10. aristophanes34

In summary... we gave up Josh Hader for a jerk and an inconsistent rat... Definitely in the running...

cmoak1982, IowaAstro and BlindHog like this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

Probably Joe Morgan... Kenny Lofton and Curt Schilling up there too...

Our boneheaded moves usually involve cutting loose guys early or not protecting them...

JD Martinez
    Johan Santana
    Bobby Abreu

raining threes and IowaAstro like this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I feel like Josh Bell is the key to a championship formula now, but I don’t even remember seeing him play. :confused: I watch 100+ Astros games a year, but I hardly ever remember the opponents’ players, unless it’s big names like Judge, Ohtani, Trout, etc. They’re really just numbers to me. When I see like 95% of players’ faces and names around the league, I’m like:

[​IMG]

Wulaw Horn and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

And led to the firing of Hinch and Luhnow. Joe Morgan was worse on field only but with the other stuff lumped in Gomez/Fiers is the worst.

IowaAstro likes this.
  14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Joe Morgan trade would like a word...

raining threes and Marteen like this.
  15. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

On the other hand if you never make a mistake you probably have not been trying.

raining threes and Wulaw Horn like this.
  16. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

If Brantley doesn't come back, we really need another outfielder anyway (and particularly one with team control for the next couple years). I'm not against giving McCormick or Meyers more time to adapt to being a MLB player. I do think it's possible that one or both guys emerge as bona fide plus MLB players, perhaps fringe all star type guys. But I don't think we should have both starting though, not in the playoff window that this team currently has.

So we definitely need an upgrade. If Brantley comes back, then we could potentially have the upgrade and Brantley playing at the same time, with McCormick or Meyers as the fourth OF.

17. IowaAstro

IowaAstro Member

Fair enough, that was a terrible trade. The repercussions of Gomez/Fiers have done a lot of damage to the organization.

18. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

It's HIPAA btw and you should prob do your own research and see what the law really means. Your description is not how this law is applied. I agree, back to baseball.

19. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Lol. Seriously? That is not at all how HIPAA works. I am a medical doctor and have had yearly HIPAA compliance and privacy training for the better part of two decades.

We (the forum board) are neither a covered entity that has a legal obligation to protect Benentendi's health information nor are we discussing information that isn't already public. There are literally zero legal issues at stake here.

Benintendi's vaccination status is public information and it is a relevant sports talking point like Kyrie's vaccination status is or a torn ACL or UCL would be.

I'm happy to change subjects back to actual trade rumors/proposals, but c'mon.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Fiers wasn’t good but he ate innings in 2017 when guys were out with injury.

It was a completely **** trade in a vacuum, but the Astros subsequently won the World Series with Fiers contributing to at least the regular season team so it gets a pass.