1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

We didn’t get my kids vaccinated for a year. We weren’t particularly worried about the vaccine beyond- who knows what could happen 30 or 40 years from now (in the sense of anything is possible) but the numbers for 7, 9 and 11 year old were so infinitesimally small with covid that we didn’t see a risk with COVID that we needed to solve for. We did end up getting them vaccinated when we wanted to go on a family cruise and it was going to be much more expensive and limited for them not to be vaxed than to be vaxed. My suspicion is if athletes are flipping their opinion the calculus probably looks the same. No good reason to do it in their minds. Now, not being able to play in Toronto in the playoffs makes cost of non-compliance worse than going along with getting it. wife and I both got vaxed ourselves immediately bc older, fatter, smoker.

#2821 Wulaw Horn, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    Landry's Tooth likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

Probably the only reason the Yanks wanted him specifically.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  3. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Well
    then y'all stfu about it. No one here wants to head all that ****.

4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Chas plus Urquidy for Bell is the most ridiculous overpay I’ve ever seen an Astros fan suggest. That’s awful man. That’s 50 million in surplus value probably and 7 or 8 years of team control for a rental.

5. HTown2017Champs

I get that the issue being discussed is somewhat pertinent to MLB because of some of the players’ stances, but I just want to talk about baseball. So all my posts here will be strictly related to baseball, I won’t be feeding those posters.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Awww shucks.

YOLO likes this.
  7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

4 players*

Joe Smith is the real afterthought because everyone forgot he was even in the trade.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like your gif in your other post isn't being accounted for lol

9. HTown2017Champs

To those who would rather part with Brown than Leon, I disagree. The outfield may be a weakness in our lineup right now, but that is the strength of our farm. After Brown the SP prospects steeply drop off. He still needs to work on his command but starter grade arms with a 99 mile 4-seam paired with 95 mile power slider do not grow on trees.

I would be happy with Mullins but if we trade for a controllable CF, I want Reynolds. He has more power, and Mullins is having a down year at the plate. His 30 homers last year may be a Brady Anderson-esque anomaly. Before you talk about “Mt. Camden” and the new LF, he is a lefty, primarily pull hitter, and his xHR is literally the same as his actual home runs (8). Reynolds may not be the best of defenders, but he still has good speed and is serviceable in center. Move him to left next year. Maybe give Meyers another shot in CF after more time in AAA and a full Spring Training. If not, see what other options we have.

10. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Out of the box trade proposition.

7 Covid vaccines 5 MAGA hats, Steve Bannon's diary, and an evening with Kimberly Gilfoyle
    For
    President Biden's aviator glasses, the family dog, and Hunter Biden's computer.

What does fan graphs say about the trade equity???

Lord forgive me for what I just posted.

BigMaloe, cmoak1982, Rileydog and 6 others like this.
  11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Hunter Biden’s computer has to have the most value of all those items. I can’t imagine how many dirty skanks he probably has digits for and pictures of them doing dirty dirty things.

12. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I’m seeing a lot of folks ready to give up on Meyers and I don’t understand it. Even with his relatively poor offensive showing this season he’s been a good player because his defense is still very good. And the injury he is coming back from can take awhile to fully heal, not to mention he is still probably working on his rhythm at the plate. He still projects as a 2-3 win player in my opinion and I don’t see a reason to write him off or actively look to replace him unless there’s another team out there presenting a better CF for some kind of bargain.

13. Landry's Tooth

Keith Law said Brown has no shot as a starting pitcher in the majors and should be a reliever ultimately.

One guys opinion... also said Leon doesn't hit anywhere near where he should yet and has little trade value until he does...

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think everyone would prefer Reynolds.

Mullins hit 22 of those HR in Camden, which the new dimensions has certainly hurt him. MMP may help boost those back up some. I would gladly do Urquidy for Mullins, because that is a pretty even deal if last year was just a career year for Mullins that he never repeats. I have little doubt they will want more though with Siri, Meyers, or McCormick definitely needing to be included. I'd still make the deal, but only because I think he'll improve from this season.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

Probably because his value is wasted on the bench if you're acquiring a centerfielder like Reynolds or Mullins. The team we get them from has an immediate opening at cf and with the control left on him it maxes his value.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The thing with Mullins, he really has hit lefties poorly. Even last season he was far better against RHP, so he may be best suited as a platoon starter. However Chaz kills lefties and would make a perfect platoon partner, Myers probably would also once he gets healthy. It would make an extremely nice (and cheap) tandem assuming one is outbound in a deal. Best case scenario Mullins can return to full time excellence like last season. It would free us up to throw some money at a 1B or LF , run a 7 deep roster of very productive positions and throw prospects at the other 2.

Trade for Mullins and Josh Bell (then extend him), offense is locked tight for 3 more years.

Wulaw Horn and Snake Diggit like this.
  17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I definitely think Brown can be a starter in the future. And Leon has all the tools. Can do CF, SS, anywhere. His main struggle right now is striking out up in the zone. But he’s been getting better. I don’t remember Tucker being other worldly, just that lunhow had him off limits. I think yordan, Leon, and tuck could be our future outfield.

18. conquistador#11

Damn Bell is trending on the twitterverse and I got happy something might have happened.
    Back to waiting.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I also doubt the Nationals want a deal like that. They don't want to trade for guys that they will just have to turn around and trade. I'd say Leon or Barber for Bell is the kind of deal we'd look at. Other pieces may be added by us.

20. IowaAstro

IowaAstro Member

I remember Luhnow making the worst trade in Astros history, Fiers/Gomez. Certainly don’t miss that. Or when Crane had to step over him and facilitate the Greinke trade. Luhnow did some good things for sure, but is so overrated by some Astros fans.

BlindHog and Snake Diggit like this.