1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021/22 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Private Bayern Twitter guy saying Tel bid was accepted today, he has good sources with de Ligt etc too.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sounds like de Jong, if he chooses to leave Barca, is preferring Bayern over United.

Can't say I blame him, as a United fan. My only problem with Bayern is that the Bundesliga is, top to bottom, a joke for them. It clearly hurts them in the Champions League as they typically fall apart the tougher the competition gets.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure he fits our needs, and we're already stacked in central midfield now. He should also have hefty wages and 70-100mil fee from what media has been saying.

Agreed and it isn't even just a money problem, several of our Europa League teams got eliminated by much worse and cheaper rosters.
    Teams have been far too comfortable just parking the bus vs Bayern and Dortmund instead of developing their own style.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nice debuts.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn he's a beast, guess he'll play with our 2nd unit first and then get eased into the pros later.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sad day :(

AroundTheWorld and Raz like this.
  8. leroy

I wonder if Everton will be able to continue their streak in the top division. I realize it's a preseason game...but to get thumped 4-0 by a mediocre MLS team is nuts. Lampard probably won't make it out of October with them and they really could be staring at relegation again.

9. Raz

Raz Member

Really tough. One of our greatest. Top 5 footballer in German history, if not top 3. Never liked his club HSV, but it kinda hurts that he couldn't see them at least return to Bundesliga.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh man finally some movement.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

#431 Yung-T, Jul 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  12. Raz

Raz Member

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure why we are likely paying 25-30mil for Laimer in what seems like a transition year, when we could get him for free next summer.
    Already have enough options with Kimmich, Goretzka, Gravenberch, Sabitzer and Musiala.

15. leroy

Now I really hope he moves to Chelsea. He's such a soft p****, he'll destroy them from the inside out. What a f***ing joke.

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

The new season is all but upon us with most of the friendlies out of the way. I know the Community Shield is this Saturday along with what I imagine would be all the other top leagues version of that match this weekend and then the real thing starting the the following week. Below is how I see the championship races going in each top league.

Premier League: Like the last 5 season it should be a two team race between City and Liverpool. I think Chelsea and Arsenal and even United got better this offseason but not at the level needed to challenge the top 2. League can go either way with the homer in me giving it to City.

Ligue 1: Nothing to see here. PSG will run away with the league.

La Liga: Should be interesting this year with Barca and Real after Barca picked up Lewandowski. Think this becomes a close race again but until I see Barca with Lewandowski on the pitch I can't pick against Real.

Serie A: The only league that seems to be more than a two team race. Also the league I keep up with the least so don't feel confident about a winner but I expect it to come down to Milan, Inter or Juventus.

Bundesliga: The gap between Bayern and the field should have been big enough that even the departure of Lewandowski won't change the league result. I do think it gets closer than it has in past years with Dortmund (I like the replacements they got for Haaland, Leverkusen and Leipzig rounding out the top 4 like last year.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You got dibs on creating the 22/23 soccer thread with that post as a starter.

AroundTheWorld and dkamberi25 like this.
  18. leroy

Damnit. I knew I was forgetting something.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.