1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

note - valuation site shows Scherzer's field value at $31.1M/yr.

2. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

For Some reason I think the Astros will acquire Castillo in plans that Verlander may seek more money elsewhere. I don't think that's what will happen i just think they will plan ahead. From the sounds of things the Astros have been very much interested in Castillo for a little while.

As for the Bell situation I think they will acquire him soon. With all the Injury's happening with Brantley and Yordan.

But again I don't know if they are actually doing anything at all.

I hope this is the case.

Like I said before the Odorizzi trade for Burleson and Thompson I would do that asap.

3. Screaming Fist

Musgrove is one option that comes to mind but i'm sure there are others.

4. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Snell Clivinger Mahle Castillo Moore then its kind of a crap shoot

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Okay, make it 37 million the first year and 23 the second year will player opt out. We will essentially keep paying him top dollar until he isn't worth it anymore when we end up paying him 23 million for an injured or ineffective version for one season. It mitigates risk of a long term deal while giving him the security that he isn't leaving anything on the table. The 23 million will be a parting gift for his goodbye tour.

6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

You know what Verlander can attribute this year to? Giving all the glory to Christ my friend. It works if you work it.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They are a serious threat now.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How much is Joe Musgrove going to make next season? And FWIW, Verlander's Astros ERA+ is 183, substantially better than Musgrove's career year of 145.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Musgrove will probably get more than Gausman and Ray. I would guess close to 6 years 150 mil.

10. raining threes

Vazquez is an above avg starter level catcher. If he's a fa I would definitely look at bringing him in next yr. If Click can't acquire him at the deadline.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Mets insider on Bell an hour ago.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

What we do AFTER this season is not part of a trade for a player with an expiring contract. He is a rental.

It's no different than JV last season. He became a Free Agent, We signed him as a Free Agent. If we trade for Vasquez, he becomes a FA after the season. We can pursue him as a FA whether we "rent" him or not.

raining threes likes this.
  13. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

We should have him already with the injurys we have. I wouldnt rush Yordan back and let him DH swapping with Yuli

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that there has been "no momentum" in discussions between the Nationals and Mets on a potential Josh Bell trade.
    Martino adds that if Bell ends up with the Mets it would be a "surprise change of events." It sounds like the Mets have shifted their focus towards a less-costly alternative, like Orioles slugger Trey Mancini, especially after acquiring designated hitter Daniel Vogelbach last week to bolster their lineup.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Could easily be agreed upon on the major prospect/s being sent out. Only the minor details to follow.

They seem put off by the info they got.

16. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I believe they are going after a bigger fish more then Bell.

If they miss on that fish I could see Mancini or someone like that.
    But I think they are more interested in SOTO. Mets that is

17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I was looking at some stats of guys likely to be traded. Again, I don't think we are interested in Contreras, but he has fallen off a cliff offensively in July. For the month of July he has a .137 BA, .254 OBP, and a.490 OPS. He left a game July 4th with hamstring tightness which caused him to miss 4 games, but to have 1 HR and 3 RBIs for the month? Ouch...

Marteen likes this.
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Todays news regarding the international draft likely increases the prices of the best available players ever so slightly, since compensation draft picks are now still in play for teams with free agents who reject a qualifying offer. Bell, Contreras, Montas, Mahle, Laureano, Murphy, Mullins, Reynolds, and Castillo all likely just got a minor bump in trade value.

20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Account is followed by Bowden, Rosenthal and others- FWIW.

everyday eddie likes this.