1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings - Vegas Summer League 7/16/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Admit it. We needed Josh Christopher to actually win these games.

3. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

That block was cleannnnn
    Imagine the hype on his defense when reg season comes. His ability to switch on guards is understated. Elite defense.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ooof

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

didn’t watch the 2nd half, but somebody sent me a clip of that Jabari block in the 4th quarter and

[​IMG]

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If his shots are still flat and out of rhythm, he won’t be elite shooter like Klay Thompson.

Tillman, just hire an elite shooting coach!!

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just like the earth.

I’m surprised you of all people are the only cultured person in here to recognize my golden reference …

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I've been watching BB even before most of you were in diapers. We got a special one in Jabari Smith. Sensational, game-changing defense. On offense, dude has a beautiful stroke that has been put on hybernation for now. Don't worry, Jabari will get his stroke back.

9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

No fouls this game for Eason either.

We'll see what happens but I think he's got upside as a legit two-way third star imo.

I'm comparing his summer league to the tottery players and he's looking good so far.

Drift Monkey and PWR like this.
  10. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Maybe the most frustrating summer league games I’ve ever watched in my life…

How do you not pass the ball to your #3 pick?

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

babies-before-were-done-here-yall-be-wearing-gold-plated-diapers.jpg

Nook, DeBeards and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Damion Laverne

Yikes all the way through

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

tell DD’s dumb ass that Nix sucks ass! Ball hogging ass scrub couldn’t pass the ball to a wide open Jabari but instead jacks up a wide open 3 and misses it. Sorry ass scrub!!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

nobody going to care about this game. only that block will remain.

DeBeards and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nix was good before He became DD's favorite. then the wheels fell off.

Tfor3, Nook, Drift Monkey and 6 others like this.
  17. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Loved the Eason pick. Had him as a top 10 talent

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Tari Eason's line

19 pts (7-14 FG, 2-4 3PT), 10 rebs, 2 asts, 2 stls, 2 to

He's going to be a better Jae Crowder for us

19. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

How TF did we get this guy at 17?
    Thought there was no way he'd be there at TWELVE, let alone 17.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Jabari: WAY WAY better on defense than even unexpected knowing he was good at defense. WAY WAY worse at shooting than expected. If he was even slightly worse at shooting than expected he would have had an insanely good summer league. His shot looked nice to me other than the slightly flatness EVERYONE has mentioned. So I’m still optimistic. Moreover pretty much every shot he took was fairly contested and when he was closer he typically hit them better and they looked better. Therefore as others have deduced it could be combo of (1) distance being longer he needs more reps at it, (2) overwork on his game and overall activity the last 4 month, (3) being set up better, (4) nerves … whatever. Optimistic…. HOWEVER, he has to prove it to me at this point. Also even if he’s shooting great I personally don’t like the one dribble pull up with a dude in your face from one step inside the three point line. Fortunately he really didn’t do that a ton. His dribble penetration type moves - I was actually happy he had some semblance of this. Kind of pleasantly surprised at this. It’s worth noting in 5 games he had maybe 3 “easy”‘shots at the rim setup by teammates on a fast break or whatever. Alpi will give him that many his first game.

Tari: just a solid player, great value. Last coupon games his weak points stood out a fair amount. Forces on drives a bit. Not best finisher. Got worse defensively I thought especially this game. But still look up at the end of the game and it’s just a solid solid game. He will ALSO benefit from playing with the better guards.

TyTy: love his game. Love his floor general feel. Needs to improve jumper. I don’t expect big things from him year 1 but by the end of year can really be something ready for year 2 breakout.

Nix: never want to see him play again. Hate his game. Hate his mentality.

jaygup: he was ok at the things we know he can do, relative to being a 2nd year player. He didn’t show much of the things we want him to do more. On the whole not s great outing for him imo.

Others: none impressed that much. Have heard folks say Holman is interesting… meh.

Coaching: as with the real team pretty hard to say. Guard play was bad on the whole and it’s a guard play type environment. I would have preferred to see TyTy run PG exclusively but can understand why they wanted to see Nix.

on the whole I’d give the SL experience a B-