1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons Trade Value Rankings (Green and Jabari behind Chet, Banchero, Cade, Barnes, Mobley)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thank God. If he had JG and Jabari ranked high I would have been worried.

2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Scottie Barnes is TRASH lmao

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure what's worse - LeBron not being in group A or that LeBron is all the way in group H.

4. Milos

Milos Member

In what universe is Paul George a 'true franchise player' but Kawhi is not and ranked 10 spots lower with 2 rings?

xaos, joshuaao, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  5. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

That wasn't the point you were making

The context was between 3 players, not every #17 pick ever

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Did my eyes fail me, or is Harden truly not on the list?

xaos, joshuaao and arabrocket like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fishing for hits.

[​IMG]

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Honestly that list is all over the place. It's not just the Rockets players. It's almost like he threw darts.

Maybe he's going senile?

xaos likes this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Ben and Bill

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I didn’t see Lebron either

some of those names under “true franchise guy” are kinda laughable

Trackwell likes this.
  11. Mister Beard

Mister Beard Member

This is clutchfans, so I get how most of your have heavy endowment bias, but

Tier 1
    Cade: clearly still the player with highest upside and have the most trade value to me. You can really tell when a guy can exert influence to the game with a bad shooting night, which Jalen isn't projected to be able to reaxh that level

Tier 2
    Mobley: generational defensive talent who clearly has much more defensive upside especially as a weakside defender over jabari. If he develops consistent 3pt shot, his value should be ranked higher than Cade, but that isn't trending as likely based on what we have seen. So he ranks behind Cade

Jalen: i'd out jalen green here based on his prospect as a generational offensive talent. But until he develops his playmaking and defensive skill, which clearly has a long way to go, he's got to be behind cade and mobley.

Chet: has tons of upside but it won't be until at least in 2-3yrs where we can see his body develops and how his game translates to grown man bball. He is over scottie and jabari based on upside and weakside defensive potential

Jabari: elite onball defender and shooter. If he develops his handle and 1on1 game should be ranked higher. But to be still huge upside.

Tier 3
    Scottie Barnes: yea he is all great, but what is not talked about enough is his limitation as a consistent shooter which limits his ability and upside as the best wingman in the NBA. I don't see that he has generational talent in any skills so definitely the most overrated player imo here.

Paolo:I have him ranked last because with all the talk about how he is NBA ready, his fans will be into a rude awakening to know he doesn't have generational offensive talent, unlike Jalen His playmaking prowess is only good for a big man but not overall. His defense will never be elite. Cannot possibly be an elite 2/3rd option for championship contender. Really glad he is not with us.

12. RocketsDraftTV

its so damn obvious too, and you are gonna have many clowns in here trying to defend bill simmons, saying he doesnt really hate houston and its all just our imagination lol

Dude voted herb jones over jalen green hahaha

13. RocketsDraftTV

their were many on this board defedning bill after that take. saying we were blowing that statement out of proportion

14. RocketsDraftTV

you're eyes didnt fail you, these are the same guys that have screwed harden out of all nba selections after he averaged 30, but currently praise luka. I agree with draymond, strip these clowns of their voting priveledges

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean, bill is a professional, so i believe him

xaos and Salvy like this.
  16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah I mean Bron and Harden have shown signs of decline for sure. But you can’t tell me with a straight face they aren’t still top 64 today.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

The point I was making is that Tari, a legit two way player with length showed the same amount of promise and talent as Paolo and Chet.... I wouldn't trade Tari for them, I think he will be better than both of those guys....

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Only way I believe him depends on his women's rights views.... I'm willing to like him over this if he liked Ghostbusters 2016

ac in austin and Jontro like this.
  19. photojoe

photojoe Member

There are lots of guys on this list that I would trade straight up for people he has listed lower than. Which, to me, makes the whole list nonsense

Trackwell, napalm06 and Jontro like this.
  20. Calvin Murphy's Law

The biggest surprised was Herb Jones at 55.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.