1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help Me Plan my Football Season

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TheJuice, Jun 15, 2022.

?

Which game do I go to?

1. South Carolina

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Mizzou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kentucky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mississippi State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (explain in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Only 10 weeks until Week Zero!

I know Texans love football probably more than any other state, and with A&M in the SEC and the Longhorns joining soon, I figured clutchfans would have good advice.

I'm currently a grad student at UGA (I definitely picked the right time to come lol). I love traveling, college football, tailgating, and pretty Southern women. I'm going to be working on my Master's thesis Fall of 2023, so I probably won't be able to go to many games that season and I want to maximize my time here (my undergrad did not have a football team).

Grad students are at the bottom of the pecking order for requesting tickets, so we usually don't get any of the bigger home games (although they are still fun). Specifically, though, I'd like to make a long weekend out of a trip to another town (Fri-Sun) and watch UGA away. I'm excluding things like Bowls, SEC championships etc because those tickets are more of a crapshoot to get and usually very expensive. The UGA away games are:
    - Sept 3rd. UGA v. Oregon in Atlanta (I likely won't choose this as I've already been to Atlanta three times now. This is also going to be a hard ticket for me to get.)
    - Sept 9th. UGA @ South Carolina (this is kind of a personal one for me, South Carolina beat UGA on my 25th birthday in overtime. That same OT stopped me from getting my dick wet, I can elaborate more later).
    - Oct 1st UGA @ Mizzou
    - Oct 29th World's Largest cocktail party in Jacksonville (this is something I'd love to do but again, it's probably not financially feasible for me just because this is a rite of passage for students at both schools.)
    Nov 12th: UGA at Mississippi State
    Nov 19th: UGA at Kentucky

I really wish we were playing away at like LSU or Auburn or Tuscaloosa. I'd love to see some of those towns. It be cool to even see College Station too (I applied to but did not get into A&M). I should also note I'm in my late 20s and while I love tailgates and still go out and drink, I'm a little worried something like the Jacksonville game will be all sloppy undergrads. I definitely want to see the social scene whichever game I go to, but I'm also just curious to go somewhere new and see some of the architecture, good food, tour the campus etc. I've attached a poll for those of you who TL;DR.

Go Dawgs!

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's hard to tell where your priorities lie. As a student I assume you are time rich and money poor. As an adult I value experiences/locales and convenience more than anything, but YMMV.

Sept 3rd. UGA v. Oregon in Atlanta
    This would be high on my list. A big, year opening OOC game is a hype, unique experience and it's close enough you could sleep in your own bed that night, but if not you have a lot of lodging/entertainment options. Note that your social experience may be tougher sledding due to not being on-campus. Labor day weekend gives you options as well, but then again you're a student so it may not matter. If Atlanta is played out for you that's a different problem.

Sept 9th. UGA @ South Carolina
    Columbia is by far the most scenic/cool place on your list. SCar may not be a marquee game but I think it would be really fun to spend a weekend there. Maybe rent a place at Lake Murray with some friends or keep going and head down to Charleston/Myrtle Beach. Otherwise Athens is close enough to make it a single day trip. If I were a budget minded student this would be my choice.

Oct 1st UGA @ Mizzou
    Too far. Too boring.

Oct 29th World's Largest cocktail party in Jacksonville
    Can't see any reason why not, but only you can tell if this is feasible for you.

Nov 12th UGA at Mississippi State
    No.

Nov 19th UGA at Kentucky
    Kentucky is lowkey kinda cool, but Lexington is pretty blah unless you're obsessed with horses or bourbon or something.

TheJuice and mtbrays like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Easily, I mean easily, I mean no-brainer easy, South Carolina. Never been to Columbia, but the Charleston area is one of my favorite places in the US.

4. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah thats the sense Im getting. Ill probably request tickets to FL, Oregon, and SC and see which ones I get/cost.