1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What does KpJ Tate 27 and 17 get you? That’s what I would love to see. Get another good pick next year give tons of minutes to young players. Then with their experience this season and a few good veterans like Gordon. You have a damn good exciting young and talented as hell team.

Caesar likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. wesbound

wesbound Member

Wood for #26... I seriously felt Wood is worth more than a #26 pick unless we have something lined up after this..

palmsnbananas likes this.
  4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

hell yea!!! i am fully on board. stone has done well. when wood was signed i don't think anyone would have thought here that we coulda traded him for a first. so first stone gets firsts for trading covington to make room for wood, and now he trades wood to get a first. this is how rebuilds are done. now we just need to get some more.

r-fan-since-81 and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying it will happen, but shouldn't they be?

harold bingo likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So are we finally willing to admit that nobody was trading pick 4 for Wood?!?

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, BMoney and 7 others like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Shouldn’t surprise anyone that the same talking heads who have been like

“HOU such a sucky losing culture” and “good luck getting the ball from KPJ and JG” are now simultaneously like

are simultaneously like “how could they not get more for Wood?!?!?”

Make up your mind dumbos… are their players worthless or amazing?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL

I didn’t see this thread at 1st

I saw a thread about Trey Burke out the corner of my eye and was wondering why he had a thread…then I got a text about Wood heading to Dallas and

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roomba, luckyman76 and ElPigto like this.
  10. H. Christopher

@Codman >

11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Wood might be very good in Dallas. Wood knows Luka is the man there. Just as Harden was the man here when Wood came. When Wood started playing with all the rookies he thought he was the Man and acted like it. He is not ever going to be the man. He will accept that in Dallas. He wouldn't accept that here.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Packaging the 17th and the 26th picks to move up in the draft. I hope Houston is not going to end up with a very long duration contract. I wanted Wood to be traded, but it's a pity he didn't do justice to his talent. I wish him good luck, but never against our Houston Rockets.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Sam Vecenie and Danny Leroux were recently talking about the value of Wood and Gordon and thought Wood wasn't even worth a first. We shouldn't be surprised by this value.

14. PWR

PWR Member

Alright, now what can we get for EG. Get him the hell out of here too.

BHannes2BHonest and larry cook like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rockets had sought a future first-round pick for Wood at the trade deadline but could not find a trade partner, a person with knowledge of those talks said.

‘There had been conjecture that the Rockets would include Wood in trades to move up in the draft, with multiple individuals with knowledge of talks saying the Rockets have been active in discussing a variety of potential deals ahead of the draft. They could still use their willingness to deal to help them move up, but it would have to be with the late first-round pick acquired from the Mavericks.

Chriss and Brown have previously played for the Rockets but are unlikely to be brought to training camp. Of the veteran players the Rockets will acquire in the deal, the 7-4 Marjanovic is most likely to be with the team given his willingness to embrace a limited role and his effectiveness offensively. But even that possibility is to be determined.

— Jonathan Feigen

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d have cut him before the preseason if we didn’t get anything for him so I can’t complain about the return. I do think Stone has been poor in judging when to cut bait on players.

This is addition by subtraction and an opportunity for Sengun and whichever big guy we get. Maybe moving 17 and 3 to Orlando and the ability to draft Stone’s number 1. (Paolo).

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. liveguy

liveguy Member

EXACTLY

It’s better this than overpaying or just letting him walk for nothing at all.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Honestly even at 26th Im ok with the trade

Wood has been taking playing time from the young guys and its not like we are going to win a championship in 2-3 years, this pick can be combined with some other assets to move down the draft

We still have valueable trade assets. 17th, 26th and Tate for top 10 pick?

No more Wood dribbling down the court and bricking a three..

BigMaloe, PeterKingX, LFE171 and 5 others like this.
  19. mightybosstone

Maybe he's not. Either way, Gordon's value doesn't really have anything to do with Wood's value. Also, unlike in Wood's case, I don't think EGo is preventing the development of the team's best young players. I could see a justification for keeping Gordon, but I saw no justification for keeping Wood. In the end, though, both of those guys weren't likely to be Rockets by next summer. Might as well use them to gain young talent while they still can.

Aruba77 likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

as much as I dislike Wood, I will say, he does have some talent and is a good fit next to Luka who is a prime James Harden level playmaker

BigMaloe, j@amc, larry cook and 3 others like this.