1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police arrest 31 men of white nationalist hate group for conspiracy to riot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 12, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay. That's irrelevant to my point.

So why does the MEDIAN white family have 1000% more wealth than the MEDIAN black family?

I'm speaking of the median white and black family. Not you.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Actually your question is off topic. I called someone out for negatively stereotyping an entire race of people.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

How would I know? I dont have 1000% more

4. fchowd0311

it's quite on topic. Because you are calling anyone who addresses patterns and our national history as stereotyping. @Nook points that he expressed to you are directly involved with the fact that the median white family owns 1000% of the wealth as the median black family as of this decade.

Definitely on topic and directly related to the subject matter.

TheJuice and Nook like this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

no really all i did was call someone out for negatively stereotyping a whole race of people. So your question is off topic.

6. fchowd0311

Are you at all intellectually curious why the median white family owns 1000% more wealth than the median black family. Seems like something that is quite unusual and should really make someone be like "Gre that is pretty wild, I'm really curious to understand how that happened?'.

You could know if you were intellectually curious(book read'n and that type of crap). Maybe you do know and my theory that you are just a troll is accurate.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

no it just has no bearing on the topic at hand, which is someone thinking its ok to negatively stereotype an entire race of people.

8. fchowd0311

Yes you diminished their points by using a empty talking point to entirely shut down the conversation in bad faith.

So yes, @Nook's actual points you are dismissing with irrelevant phrases are directly related to the fact that the median white household has 1000% more wealth than the median black household.

Nook likes this.
  9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No really. He made a racist statement and I called him on it as I should’ve. Thats all this is. Has nothing to do with any wealth gap, I promise ya. Not sure why you thought there was a connection there. Its not ok to negatively stereotype an entire race of people.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A) You can say whatever you want...

B) You have a definition of racism that doesn't exist. None of those statements are inherently racist if completed.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sure if I end the sentence with “nice”

but what if i end the sentence with “crazy”

what if I say an entire race of people are “crazy”

is that not racist?

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

That definitely looks staged. Just too good to be true for advancing a political narrative... Doesn't look authentic AT ALL. This is the type of stuff the USA does in other countries all the time -- a classic information operation... don't act like there aren't government actors and political operatives who won't do it in the US. We saw what the Dems tried to do to Glenn Youngkin's campaign with the fake white supremacists... and of course we saw years of fake Russian collusion allegations... Was Charlottesville also staged? Many questions.

luckystrikes likes this.
  13. Beezy

Beezy Member

Saw it on another forum, I got a good laugh out of it too.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ax...riot-front-members?utm_source=vicenewstwitter

@Commodore

Your brethren are not pleased with your accusations.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. Not inherently. The statement "Latin people are crazy" isn't inherently racist. It might be, it might not be. It depends on the context of how it is being used.

This is the problem with our modern culture. We tend to define racism by the ironclad lines, but that's a mistake. It has everything to do with context.

Let me give you an example of how two statement can be done in a way that in on scenario is racist and in another is not.

"Latin people are crazy!" after showing up to an Hispanic wedding.

vs

"Latin people are crazy!" stating this to a group as to why not to hire a Hispanic candidate for a job.

See the difference?

Nook likes this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Question is it ok that white officers stereotype black people even when it's one of there own fellow officers

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No?

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

lol. Total bullshit

19. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never mind…