1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, it's definitely been a lot more quiet for sure, at least to me too.. , and I think a lot of analysts/MMs are still trying to prop it up. This basically is the time where there could be a big opportunity - at least I an hopeful, haha

whag00 likes this.
  2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

And now we know why he demanded everyone return to work. He's trying to get people to quit so hey doesn't have to pay out any severance or benefits. He's basically doing what IBM does where they force people into situations they don't want in order to get people to quit.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo any insight on y LMT has higher eps and almost double the dividend of NOC yet NOC has the higher share price? Is market expecting higher growth for NOC? Their business segments seem quite similar

4. adoo

adoo Member

i m no longer working at NOC. but, this is my understanding.

ranking of the BIG defense players, LMT, NOC, and RTX; avoid BA like a plague

having said that, my pick for defense continues to be SAIC, a second-tier player w expertise w digital applications to the industry w a global reach
    apart from its talented employees, its lean/nimble operations have led to profitable/cash rich results/a pristine balance sheet

#18624 adoo, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    saitou likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Exactly.

Read between the lines

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SQQQ pop'n today baby. Yeeeehaw

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guyz guyz ... I'm feelin' super bad about the economy.

saitou and Sajan like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bro, SQQQ, TMV, ERX, all BALLING TODAY. Good luck, suckers.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You've been quiet for a while, oh great stock soothsayer! Thank you for visiting the thread again.

(btw, I was making fun of Musk talking like a 15 year old)

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

AMZN's 20 for 1 stock split will go into effect on Monday

i see down size action in the immediate future, post the split

constructed this bearish 20-pt CALL spread spread, using the 5 July expiration

• +2,460 strike, - 2,440 strike, for a credit of $10.20
    max profit $10,20, max risk $9.80

should AMZN trade below $2,440 at expiration, i get to keep all the premium that was collected in advance​

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Aha! Finally, I have a chance to get back into AMZN back at what I bought (and sold) it for over a decade ago. :D

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It's why recessions happen. Trim the fat.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Straight bussin, no cap.

Also, I looked - I mentioned my ERX position in this thread in March 2021. I mentioned TMV in Feb. I can keep quiet when I already call my shots. I just like to tickle yall a lil. Tickle-tickle.

#18634 Ziggy, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

I wish some of these technical analysis gurus would come out and call the bottom on this sh** market...then I would believe in this stock horoscope a bit more lol..
    But I guess if it worked, everyone would be a trillionaire..
    Just like Ms Cleo would have won the lottery..

@Ziggy i am also just tickling lol

[​IMG]

CCity Zero and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I gotta admit, it's times like these I wish I still had a 401k to contribute to. The best part about these downturns is you can invest without knowing it or forcing yourself to with automatic contributions, and 5-10-20 years later be like "wow... glad I invested". With a 401k, it's tax-free and company-matched, too... which makes it even better.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

SAIC Announces First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2023 Results
    • Revenues increase to $2.0 billion; 6% total revenue growth, approximately 4% growth excluding acquired revenues
    • Diluted earnings per share: $1.29; Adjusted diluted earnings per share(1): $1.88
    • Company increases revenue and adjusted diluted EPS(1) guidance for fiscal year 2023
    • Board authorizes share repurchase program up to 8.8 million shares, representing 16% of shares outstanding
    Yay buyback!

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Twitter falls after Elon Musk says company materially breached deal agreement

Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) dropped 5.2% in premarket trading after Elon Musk said that the social media company has "materially breached" Twitter's obligations under the merger agreement due to Musk's requests for more information about spam accounts. Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) rose 3.6%.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/38458...ompany-has-materially-breached-deal-agreement

This is getting ridiculous. Twitter should just ban him till he ponies up to buy the company @ $54 lol.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Musk is so ghetto for this. If he can't afford it just say it and walk away. No reason to make a scene.

Invisible Fan, Sajan and saitou like this.
  20. Major

Major Member

He doesn't *want* to afford it but he can - meaning he legally can't walk away. He was an idiot for being goaded by his fans to make a binding offer and waive due process. Now he's looking for a way out, but if Twitter wants to hold his feet to the fire, they can make him buy or sue him for many billions.

adoo, Sajan and saitou like this.