1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ubiquitin and Sajan like this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Lmao.
    I know sht about fk on investing but the one thing I have learned is to inverse Cramer.

Ubiquitin and CCity Zero like this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

msft down 3% over miss by a few cents due to exchange rate... seems like an overreaction.

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

attributable to the strength of the US dollars

this over-reaction is killing my "butterfly" spread on MSFT that i had constructed 2 days ago

thank goodness, i have ~ 5-6 weeks to see if the market would come back to its senses, towards MSFT trading above 280

#18604 adoo, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Fun times where we're all simultaneously complaining about inflation and a historically strong US Dollar.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

the profitable companies i hold are red today; the cash furnaces are deep green :p

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I thought they also cut guidance. In any case, it's pretty flat on the day. For now ...

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Some big orders for CRWD Puts with 6/3 expiration, 140/150/160 (1500 contracts each) were put through about an hour before close which is pretty interesting considering ER is now. I don't know if it was a hedge bet/insider info and I didn't purchase anything on that (meant to look into more/share earlier). I'm just interested in seeing how that plays out at this point. I just like watching stuff like that sometimes, it looks like they waited to get a nice discount too since ER might have been priced in by then. Or it could all be trash, haha

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

[​IMG]
    back to top of channel and down again? More headspace to fill if yes.

rebalanced to pick up some PATH. Finally looks buyable, decent qtr, 10x revenue and breaking even on profit. Work is sending me on an RPA course soon, will be able to give a product review haha.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Lol at the SEC making videos about meme stocks.
    Stay neutral SEC, stay neutral. The entire market is a pump and dump scheme by algos…

Invisible Fan and CCity Zero like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

PATH, man, I'm going to watch that one. Definitely would have been worth gambling on calls before ER.. - like on some of these ERs lately, it's a small gamble for decent return. I don't mind playing small lottos if the odds are looking decent. Especially with the overreacting on some of these.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I thought it was hilarious the 125k fine they handed out to one of the brokers caught up with meme stocks that wouldn't let people buy more. Lol, 125k - is nothing. Like I'm really sure they're going to worry about the loss, Thanks SEC!!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Does the SEC use twitter or discord? Have they not see the penny stocks pumped every day by these fake celebrity/tv show character accounts??

It's like they heard about GME on CNBC and was like sh** we got to pretend we regular the market...

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

@CCity Zero
    I had bought some costco calls 2 fridays ago prior to earnings.
    Day of earning I was up 300%. Held through earnings like an idiot.
    Didn't sell for 150% the next day..

Eventually sold for 20% on Tuesday...

I thought ok not bad especially since yest I would have been down -50%...

Checked it earlier...+500%.

fml.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

• Retail investors have been sticking with buying the dips in stocks even as the value of their portfolios has suffered, Vanda Research said.
    • The average portfolio drawdown is 32%, the sharpest decline since the firm started tracking such data eight years ago.
    orr..........

Goldman Sachs analysts, led by David J. Kostin, revealed in a Tuesday research note that retail investors have sold most of their U.S. stock purchases from the last two years. And over the last seven weeks alone, $26 billion has flowed out of U.S. equity ETFs and mutual funds, which are often traded by retail investors.

which is it...

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Anecdotally it feels like most of the causals from the past couple of years (at least from my social circle) have left the game.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

Same. The ROBINHOOD BROS have been quieter. Stocks and investments were a hot topic last year at the office. My boss would be like look! I bought 1 share of NVDA for my son and 1 MRNA for me...

also...
    • Tesla employed around 100,000 people at end of 2021
    • Musk warned staff on Tuesday to return to office or leave
    • U.S. executives sounding increasingly gloomy about economy
    SAN FRANCISCO, June 3 (Reuters) - Tesla (TSLA.O) CEO Elon Musk has a "super bad feeling" about the economy and needs to cut about 10% of jobs at the electric carmaker, he said in an email to executives seen by Reuters.

whag00 and CCity Zero like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh man!! I was hoping you banked on those! Yeah... Pretty much same story over here. One day I'm hoping we can post an awesome win, in this market though I think a positive win is still good, at least I keep telling myself that... Haha

On a side note, I completely dropped the ball on buying TSLA puts yesterday... They're up 800%..

Man, also, did you get in on amazon/buy any calls? I saw some random tweet of someone who bought Amazon calls few weeks back OTM at $3.00 range or so iirc, now they're at ~$83.00....

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Soon brother...soon!

Negative on AMZN calls...i was going to get shares on it but waiting for a pullback post split..(famous last words lol)

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Cutting jobs if needed is fine, just hope theres more thought put into the number to be cut than just "super bad feelings"