1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN975) Rumor: Kyrie Irving to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Kyrie is MAGIC as a shooter at this point. He is just a great shooter and a great clutch shooter.

The problem is that defensively he is Steph Curry if Steph Curry didn't try on defense and played on the Nets..... it's ugly.

Irving also is a constant distraction, a weirdo and he doesn't play basketball full time anymore..... 20,54, 29.... the games he has played the last three seasons.

You add all that up and he isn't that valuable, especially for the jack me makes and the fact he availability is minute to minute.

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

please no

3. Nook

Nook Member

You mean in the dozen games he would actually play?

There is no way he plays much if he were to join the Rockets.... and his ONLY interest in the Rockets would be to get that HUGE payday and then smoke white sage in the Toyota Center, get into a fight with KPJ and then leave the arena and take a two month vacation with Russell Brand.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I dont think Kyrie even wants to play basketball anymore full time. It's going to be something else again next season

raining threes, Patience and Nook like this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Wall, Wood, and Nwaba

for

Irving and Harris

*ducks*

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is it really a rumor or just White Mamba musing.

7. Raven

Raven Member

And this is how you wreck a perfectly good rebuild,

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

New tank commander! And he doesn't need a coach!

Maybe this'll be the last ridiculous season before we start reaping...

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Houston still used as a patsy to raise trade value for teams Irving wants to suck the life out of.

clos4life likes this.
  10. showa13

showa13 Member

I’d only do it for Wall, but even then I prob wouldn’t do it

don grahamleone and Ghost5Horse6 like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Only if this gets us what we want from a 3rd team, Irving going to whatever that team is.

Biggest flake in the NBA. Biggest. Flake. EH-vuh.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've listened to a few of his twitch streams. He's a cool dude. He just doesn't respect the professionalism of the game. He comes across as immature because he takes no accountability and understanding as to why the fans turn on him everywhere he goes.
    If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into assholes all day, you're the *******. Kyrie wont accept he's the ******* burning bridges everywhere he goes.
    Just like CP and Russ, or even Horny added to the coaching staff, i'd accept Kyrie as a Rocket and root for him. That said, i only see him working out in LA with Bron and AD. They already have to rely on AD being healthy, so if he's out and Kyrie doesn't show up, they're done for, but if they are all healthy and Kyrie shows up-they're legit championship contenders. They're the only team that can keep swinging for it all like that.

I should say his best option is to stay with KD, but Sean Marks maybe done with him and owner doesn't want to pay? Russ + KD reunion would be entertainment though.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If there’s one thing we should all know by now is that the fat beard is ALWAYS wrong.

He wanted nothing to do with Kyrie, therefor we should bring him here at all costs. Championship.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's best to keep away. Wall has kept his mouth shut. Kyrie's even more erratic. JG 's statement about off court communication and wanting to work with Kyrie is also fueling this rumor along with Scalabrine's comments. I was alarmed when there were reports alleged to Stone of wanting Dame instead of the 2nd pick. The 3rd pick mustn't be in play for the 7th or for a veteran like Kyrie.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

“I can tell you this: I’m going to be patient,” Fertitta told ESPN. “I know my basketball guys know what they’re doing. We’re not going to go do something stupid to try to get into the playoffs next year that then will prevent us from competing for a championship in a couple years"

Trading for Kyrie, or honestly even considering trading for Kyrie, would be the definition of going and doing something stupid to try to get into the playoffs next year

16. Mattician

Mattician Member

You can't trust Irving to show up because of his "personal reasons" that make him go rogue.

clos4life likes this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Bad trade for both teams.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am really struggling to understand why you guys all seem to be acting under the assumption we'd be trading for him to add him to our roster. I think they'd be trading for him strictly because he is a significantly cheaper buyout. He gets paid about 10 million less than Wall. And if he could help us get Wall off the roster without attaching assets and we'd just be buying him out, I would be all for it.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's the same board that had a significant amount that wanted westbrick and his terrible play, adamantly trying to tell folks he was a great winning player. don't be surprised at anything

Williamson, jordnnnn and CCity Zero like this.
  20. PWR

PWR Member

No thanks.

Unless we're talking about for Wall and KPJ/EG/Wood straight up. I'm not giving away any picks or young core players.