1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets intrigued by thought of Jaden Ivey and Jalen Green backcourt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, May 31, 2022.

1. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

With the Rockets you never know. He started off his career as a SF, wouldnt be completely far fetched the rockets draft Ivey and declare you can never have too much ball handling and so they plan to start kpg, green, and Ivey together and call all of them point guards, lol.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What can the Kings offer us? If they're crazy about Ivey, we should offer him , the 17th , select Banchero and acquire Davion Mitchell. Throw in Martin as a filler.

3. TheBeastSystem

Daishen Nix is the best point guard on the roster and is a better player than Ivey (and KPJr) now.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I know that some in the Rockets front office thought highly of Ivey's upside during the season.... so either is a possibility. I think it is more likely that the Rockets interest in Ivey is not enough to take him at #3, but I wouldn't be blown away if the Rockets end up with Ivey or any of the top 4-5 guys in this draft, especially if they get additional assets.

5. MystikArkitect

Lets say the Rockets draft Ivey and trade up or land Eason/Sochan. What happens with KPJ? I don't mind this direction AT ALL as I think having two guys capable of creating their own shot is way more valuable than having just one and another role player/3 and D guy. I'm much much more in the Banchero/Ivey camp than Chet/Jabari. Also Ivey fits better with Sengun.

Could KPJ take on a Tyler Herro type of role?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rafael Stone is making all scrub ass fans who questioned him sit on their hands in the corner while grown folk are talking. This is HOW you GM in the NBA. Im onboard with whoever he chooses to draft dude has earned my patience and admiration. Unreal how quickly he gave this fanbase HOPE.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

hakeem94, HP3, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Stone hasn’t been great in free agency or trades, but he hasn’t disappointed in the draft thus far.
    Hopefully he keeps that trend going and gets us the best prospects available.

10. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't just what the Kings can offer us, but it may lock in the Thunder at #2 and force them to either trade with the Rockets on reasonable terms OR take the player that they want at #2 and not the Kings pick in a hypothetical swap. As for assets, the Kings can move future draft picks or a younger player like Mitchell.

Perhaps it is a 3 way deal with the Rockets and Thunder and Kings all ending up with the players they want and assets being exchanged.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Possibility but KPJ would have to accept a different role including playing offball more, coming off flares, spot up shoot. No more holding or iso to create/playmake. No more handling. Either Shoot, Drive, cut,pass that rock. Simple.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I honestly don't know what happens with KPJ. The people that I am closest with no longer are working for the Rockets (most of them). What I can say is that IF they want to, they can find minutes for KPJ. On the other hand he cost them virtually nothing, and they gave him minutes during a time when they were the worst team in the league. There is very little sunk cost for the Rockets with KPJ.

Does KPJ have the confidence and wisdom to put his ego aside and come off the bench? I don't know honestly. I can tell you that he reminds me offensively a lot of Jamal Crawford, so he could be good in that role.

13. H. Christopher

You stupid

maj21 likes this.
  14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Trades:
    - KPJ for a late second round pick
    - All the crumbling Nets picks for a fat disgruntled superstar in decline
    - Sengun for a couple late firsts
    - Got out of the Theis contract in exchange for the expiring Schroeder

All good moves. Only trade that didn't work out was the Oladipo trade but I think they just took a gamble on an All Star to see what he had left. At least we got 3 months of GOAT Kelly Olynyk.

Stone has done a very good job so far

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Does...
    Ivey/Duran/Sengun > or < Paolo/#17/Sengun ??

Trading KPJ Wood #17 enabling you to get a higher pick to select Duran. I am not sure what i would prefer.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How so? He cleans up his mistakes fast (Theis). He was the guy who traded for Chris Wood. He found Jae Sean Tate. He dusted off Gary Mathews from the scrap heap. Got a 1st round pick for Robert Covington and then flipped that pick plus Arizas contract for a future 1st and free up the money to sign Wood in the first place. He's made the Vipers a champion from his eye for talent.

How good do the Brooklyn picks look NOW? Genius. Not holding onto Allen and LeVert also showed the foresight necessary to build a winner and also sat the albatross John Wall without much fanfare AFTER getting rid of the black hole that was Westbrook. Hit a home run in the draft last year and looks like he will follow suit again this year.

Not much to complain about, but this is Clutch Fans after all ... there are a handful of ego maniacs here who think they could do his job. LOL.

Shark44, Rashmon, UTSA2step and 9 others like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he actually hasn't done much at all to this point. gave the likes of theiss and nwaba dumb contracts. has sat on EG when he should have been traded a long time ago. Had a chance at Allen a now only 24 year old all star, a big the rockets are absolutely looking for. Oladipo move was also not good

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ooof Hate Squad gonna really grit their teeth!

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Seems strange that OKC has interest in Ivey considering the frontcourt prospects available at #2, plus they already have two point guards.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Derek Fisher retired sorry

hakeem94 likes this.