1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you feel different about

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, May 23, 2022.

1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Young me: yuck, everything must be new. Old me: they don’t make it like they used to and you can find great stuff second hand that is a fraction of the cost compared to new stuff

Cars. I think back and see all of the money I threw away on new cars that lost their value sharply within just a couple years…I’d have been better off buying a gently used one and investing the extra dough.

Furniture. Every time I moved I’d go out and buy new furniture. I know now that furniture has absurd sales margins and the quality has gone down hill. I bought a mid century modern style home and have been furnishing it from finds at estate sales and Facebook marketplace. I’ve saved thousands buying stuff that is perfect for design motif and even higher quality than what the big furniture retailers sell

ROXRAN likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Things I used to hate, but no longer do
    designated hitter (most shocking switch of my life)
    national anthem protests
    almost any asian food
    Charles Barkley

Things I used to like, but no longer do
    getting phone calls
    confederate flag
    the movie fight club
    pickles
    mediocre summer blockbusters (aside from MCU, which seems to get a pass)

I stopped listening to new music about a decade ago in my mid 20's. Music made after that may as well not exist. Every rap song sounds the exact same, country music is minimum effort pop..with an exaggerated accent, and "rock" music all sounds like hipster fare.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant root for the Texans anymore for the same reasons as yall, BUT ALSO, their general fan base just.... grosses me out now. Overt NFL fans are gross. At least in Houston.

Rockets fans are of CLASS & CULTURE (even though I'm not watching this **** show team currently).

Astros fans seem chill.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was talking about people living in the state.

Ziggy likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MCM home - cool! I tried to get one recently and do a full reno but investors beat me with a cash offer.