1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

saitou likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Roaring Twenties..?

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

SAIC earnings on 6 Jun. @adoo Should be good? any ideas on constructing an earnings play? short put?

i bot a starting position at $83, but still hard to see much downside here. Defense contractor in the middle of a hot war, recent contract wins, price unchanged from 52w ago.

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

under a less volatility environment, if I were to make a play, I would construct these spreads
    • Buy a 5-pt bullish CALl spread; + a lower strike, - a higher strike—- using July expiration —-to be partially financed by
    • Selling a 5-pt bullish PUT spread; + a lower strike, - a lower strike, —-using Jun expiration—, for a credit of at least $1.9

saitou likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This little fued is one of the most just billionaire things ever.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

HEYYY WHY IS HE MAKING MONEY OFF MY COMPANY??

Mom! Make him stop.

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

His mom could probably cast a spell or something.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and Sajan like this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Musk IS incredibly petty. His feud with Top Gear for one, removing Tesla reservations for any random jabroni who publicly had negative comments about him or Tesla etc. Sad.

But his beef with Gates was Gates had a public platform and is considered knowledgeable on science and was saying electric trucking will never work. Gates had no idea WTF he is talking about technically and was shorting stocks.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Exiled

Exiled Member

something (mostly positive 30/70) about RIVN is brewing within a couple of days based on how its acting , about to go all cash (LCID/NIO) but struggling with (let it go moment), so 25% in to be save

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

His criticism was actually about electric semi trucks and honestly so far Gates has been right on this one. I used to work for a software company tied to the trucking industry and the Tesla semi announcement was basically laughed off by everyone. Musk never actually stated what the usable payload of his semi truck would be and to this date he hasn't really stated anything. There's no evidence that Tesla (or any company) can produce an electric semi that come close to traditional diesel trucks in terms of payload.

Doesn't mean it can't happen but Musk was incredibly deceptive when he made that announcement. The tech didn't exist to create reasonable battery capacity and usable payloads that mirror diesel payloads. So far, there's no evidence that lithium ion batteries have enough energy density to pull this off. In order to get enough range, the actual battery ends up weighing so much that you have very little weight left for the actual payload.

Musk has a track record of overpromising on a lot of things but he's assembled an increidble company that amazingly has delivered on some of those promises. But examples like the Tesla Semi, cybertruck, FSD, etc.. demonstrates his tendency to overcommit and at some point we need to apply a little scrutiny. It doesn't mean that he's always wrong but Musk loses his mind when other prominent figures show some skepticism. But at this point a little skepticism is deserved.

I think Musk should probably focus more on regular trucks rather than Semis. Semis are probably the last thing that will get electrified due to the unique requirements of the industry. Right now, both traditional manufacturers (Ford and GM) as well as new entrants (Rivian) are actively producing competent electric trucks. That's a high margin segment that they're just ceding to the competition. Cybertruck is nowhere to be found and frankly I'm not sure it would even compete at this point.

Beezy, CCity Zero and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

i spoke w forked tongue.

today, i made a play on MSFT, trading ~ 273, which has been an integral part of my long holdings over the past 10+ years.

bought this Aug 10-pt bullish CALL spread
    • + 275 strike, -285 strike; net cost of $4.37,
    to be partially financed by
    • selling this July 10-pt bullish PUT spread; +270 strike, `-280 strike, collecting a premium of $5.25
    net/net, i have pocketed $.88

max profit, should MSFT trade above 285, on July expiration, would be ~ $15.25 (5,25 + 10)
    • the bullish CALL spread will be worth ~ $10
    • the bullish PUT spread will be worth, meaning that i get keep all the premium that was collected in advance
    max risk, should MSFT trade below 275, on July expiration, would be ~ $9.12 (4.37 + 4.75)
    • the bullish CALL spread will be worth ~~zero
    • the bullish PUT spread will be worth $4.75, an amount that i have to pay should i exit

my price target for MSFT at July expiration is ~~290

#18593 adoo, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, RIVN has been on a decent run!

I actually bought calls on SQQQ and even short DTE puts on QQQ assuming a quick sell off this morning (purchased on Friday), but didn't get very far and closed them all out shortly after open. I figured it was worth a try, haha, unfortunately didn't really make anything (5%+ or so on SQQQ Wooo...) - Oh well - it's better than the alternative of having worthless contracts at open.

Then work came up, so didn't get to trade anything else exciting today.

Exiled likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Maybe they can use the vaporware semi to transport the wiper blade for vaporware cybertruck....

Overpromising or ..deceiving? look at the number of suckers...i mean beta testers of FSD..shelling out thousands that's not even close to what they were promised.

simple...pump to sell shares for his TWTR purchase..

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

All of us will kick ourselves in a few years for not buying puts in 2021 on every single tech stock....geez look the absurd market caps...

#18596 Sajan, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
    CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Uggghhhhhhhh

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

keep the hope alive...and keep the preorders coming in...

19. adoo

adoo Member

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.