1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (3)Golden State vs. (4)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2022.

?

(3)Golden State Warriors vs. (4)Dallas Mavericks

Poll closed May 19, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

5.4%
  2. Warriors in 5

16.1%
  3. Warriors in 6

39.3%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.9%
  5. Mavs in 7

14.3%
  6. Mavs in 6

12.5%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

3.6%
  1. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I feel ya. I feel that way about Karl Malone. will always hate that man

DatRocketFan likes this.
  2. RocketsDraftTV

but every damn clutch game. Whenever I watch curry in the playoffs I don’t see Kobe, Jordan, lebron, bird people he is compared too. More often than not curry is the one getting carried over the finish line. That’s partly why he lacks the finals mvps. Even tonight felt like they just handed him an mvp. Looney, Wiggins or klay deserved it over him

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I really don't understand this low IQ take.

It was the same when everyone says Harden never passes. Yet as Rockets fans who watched game after game, we all knew how ludicrous that was.

You're on some good stuff if you think Luka doesn't pass the ball.

You'd be out of a job pretty fast if you were a head coach, and your strategy was to keep the ball in the best player's hands all the time.

Slyonebluejay and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  4. RocketsDraftTV

bottomline is refs control playoff games more in the nba than in any other american sports league.

Im sorry, but i still dont think curry is great or a top 25 player ever. I believe the league and adam silver in particular wanted his own michael jordan like david stern had. So they had a big part of steering his career to championships. Adam silver took over in 2014 that lines up when the warriors dynasty took off.

Whenever i watch the warriors, im mostly always watching the refs and the physicality they let them get away with compared to their opponents. Compare that to teams like the past championship spurs, and the early 2000's pistons. I never felt i was cheated watching those teams compete for championships. on the other hand watching the warriors you can see the little things the refs let them get away with EVERY GAME. So even if the two teams are evenly matched, its a moot point because one team has the refs and the other team doesnt. We saw that in the 2018 western conference finals. Scott foster was assigned to ref game 1 and game 7 of our series againist them, both losses. So that poster claiming that im bias or hating on steph curry. No im not, i can just see the momentum shifting calls that go uncalled and lead to fastbreaks for the warriors which in any other series would be called. Im very eager in seeing this warriors team vs the celtics. I believe the celtics have the talent and matchup with them very well. I also believe that in order to beat the warriors you have to be so much better than them that the refs become mute and have no bearing on the game. The celtics defense is very impressive, and ime udoka impresses me as a coach. Also the finals will be broadcast on abc and the celtics have a big media market, so if the league tries any funny stuff it will be all over youtube. Like it was with us, but celtics fans are way more passionate than rockets fans, so they have a bit more pull with their 16 or 17 championship banners. My guess is adam silver wants miami to make the finals. Smaller media market means less eye balls paying attention to the finals which means they can cheat like how they did memphis and dallas and nobody will care

#464 RocketsDraftTV, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
  5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

? Luka shot 28 shots. He held the ball every possession in the second half, even forcing his way through double teams. Harden, for all his faults, was unbelievably fast in his prime and got past the first and often the second man, but Luka was getting clampled by Bjeliza.

The rest of the team was shooting 50% from 3 point range while Luka went 3-13. Dinwiddie in particular was regularly scoring while Luka was missing 28 foot fade aways in the most crucial moments of the game. People often talk about in-game adjustments - Harden was far more self-aware as a player and willing to defer when he didn't have it going or others did. Luka lacks that awareness and it showed last night.

B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. Downtown Sniper

I think you may have quoted the wrong post my guy.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Saying Harden is more self-aware is a bit hilarious, considering if he was self aware he would've incorporated more of his attacking arsenal into games other than step back 3, or drive to the hoop. What I wouldn't give, to see Harden decide to not shoot 15 step back 3s in a game but rather get his behind on the post and work his man down there like Luka has done these playoffs.

Yes Luka shot 28 times. Go find the numbers for every superstar player in a close out game (bar-Harden) who doesn't take an enormous amount of shots.

What's comical is the fact you could make a compilation video of amazing passes in Game 5 alone from Luka.

Doesn't pass the ball my ass.

You take a lot from one single game. Because Luka seemed to defer to Dinwiddie last series when needed. Or to Brunson when needed.

In fact I can count multiple times in Game 5 where Luka objected to a teammate about to pass him the ball and instead wanted others to have it.

Just admit, you got this one wrong.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. Asian Sensation

Lol @ all the bitter Harden fanbois. Steph Curry got you guys mad AF. Last year it was Giannis. It’s no wonder why these two guys are the top 2 most hated amongst the bearded bum loser fans.

Delusional Harden fanbois can never keep it real. Always full of lies, excuses and reasons to justify his shortcomings/failures and anything that masks or hides his abundance of suck.

J.R. likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Oh look another shitty @HardenVolumeOne rant.

12. RocketsDraftTV

smh

13. Asian Sensation

Replace Steph with your bearded bum loser hero and they’re 2nd round fodder. Ain’t nobody winning shiit with Harden ball and his bs iso while.

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

There’s series showed me why I want to keep KPJ at point guard

You need someone next to Green/Luka to be about to score when need. Green won’t be able to do it by himself but a backcourt of KPJ/Green + adding a player like Paolo, you’ll hopefully have enough fire power when Green can’t can’t do it on his own

KPJ might not be Chris Paul but KPJ can score the ball and has almost shown consistency of coming alive in close 4th quarter games

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Glad I didn't waste my time watching this series. For that matter, no point in watching any playoff series for the foreseeable future so long as Steph + Klay + Draymond are all still healthy at the same time.

BigShasta and B-Bob like this.
  16. SunsRocketsfan

Lol at the harden comparison. Luka in just 3 years has taken a team of scrubs to the conference finals while Frauden the loser got bounced in the first round while playing with all stars in their prime (Howard, Durant, Westbrook x 2, Chris Paul, Embidd) just stop embarrassing yourself. Harden is the biggest quitter and choker in league history.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Jesus, relax. He didn't say anything wrong. Luka chucked last night while he had hot teammates.

Meanwhile, Harden defers, a lot, in crunchtime. Too much, for most of us.

None of that is wrong. None of that says Harden is the same or better.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. RocketsDraftTV

chris Paul is a bigger choker than harden

20. RocketsDraftTV

they literally had 3 lottery picks the past years when klay was hurt