1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft Lottery is May 17th! Give your top 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, May 3, 2022.

?

Who’s the Number 1 Pick?

1. Chet

76 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. Jabari

84 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. Paolo

17 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

red5rocket, D-rock and vator like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

This playoffs really has me watching the physicality of the defense on these guys. I feel like Banchero can certainly handle the ratcheted up physicality and I think Jabari will too. If I knew Chet wouldn't be pushed all over the court on offense, it's Chet for me EASILY, but I don't have a crystal ball. Second guessing myself.

What about Jabari and Mark Williams? 7'0 with 7'7 wingspan

jimmyv281, randerson and D-rock like this.
  3. TheSource

TheSource Member

I saw coach Lucas tonight I should’ve asked him who we were taking :D

4. vator

Smh..

You fumbled the bag. L

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I consider myself a Chet guy

Jabari’s 2 point FG% percentage, percentage of his shots blocked at the rim, and his Chucky Cheese pizza quality bag has me worried, but I have him #2

Paolo is Arby’s…I’m good on Arby’s…if we draft him, I’ll support…but I’d be in my feelings on draft night hoping he proves me wrong, I can’t lie

don’t feel comfortable with Sharpe because I simply don’t know enough, and Ivey isn’t really what we need and he might struggle to run an offense…Do people trust his jumper? He shot 26% from 3 as a freshman. It improved a lot for his sophomore season, but still.

as for who we take with the BK pick, I honestly don’t really care and have barely spent any time looking at those prospects…if we end up grabbing a legit contributor or solid starting caliber player with that pick, then cool

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

ok. Not a bad outlook,

saleem likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Trade down into the top ten is not a bad idea. Trade down and get Sochan and Eason. I think OKC is the only trade option.

8. TheSource

TheSource Member

It was at a restaurant didn’t want to bother him lol

D-rock and vator like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

1) Chet
    2) Jabari
    3) Paolo

Any of these three in my mind is a major win

4) Ivey

Possibly a major win

5) lots of good players I’d be happy with

cmoak1982, D-rock and vator like this.
  10. Denovo

Denovo Member

My personal favorite of the 5 is Banchero but my order for the Rockets specifically is…

1. Jabari (Highest ceiling imo. 6’10 w/ elite shooting, shotmaking and perimeter defender, 1-5 switchability on defense with a High motor and defensive intensity is too enticing to pass up. DPOY potential. Great footwork and balance gives me confidence that he can expand his game to be a bigger threat inside and off the dribble. His quick improvement in passing/playmaking during his freshman year is a testament to being high iq and coachable. Highest Floor. Also only 18 years old bday: May 13th)

1B. Chet (Elite Rim Protection, DPOY potential, Floor Spacer, very well rounded skillset on and off ball, Impressive handles for his size, high iq, should be able to attack off the dribble and expand his offensive game with increased NBA court spacing. Only real question mark is weight.)

Jabari has the edge over Chet for me because I value perimeter defense over shot blocking.

3. Banchero (offensively gifted, Shot Creator, Passer, High iq, great balance and footwork, well rounded offensive game. Variety of moves and can score in multiple ways on and off ball. Great size at 6’10 250. Good shot mechanics has potential to improve as a 3pt shooter. Should easily be a 25-8-5 all star level player. Defense is average, good iq but inconsistent effort, has shown flashes of some switchablity. Could possibly be quicker laterally and better defender with weight loss. Cutting to 240-235 could make a difference. Redundant with current roster, will have to trade Sengun if picked.)

Consolation Prizes/ Too lazy to write up on/ Hyper Athletic Backcourt Pairing but Rockets have too many guards already.

4. Ivey
    5. Sharpe

larry cook, mikenm268, kpdark and 4 others like this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The Banchero Bus? Must be the short bus

12. vator

This shouldn’t have made me laugh. I’m ashamed.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I have been going back and forth on Chet and Jabari, with the latter having the edge. However, I'm back with Chet at number 1 despite my concerns with him. Jabari is big enough for the college game, he should have been more aggressive around the basket. How is he going to change his mentality with the NBA bigs when he couldn't bring aggression against college bigs? Chet needs to get stronger before the draft. I know he can't get big.

All comments are welcome.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or a even 7'0 defensive monster with a 7'7 wingspan.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is definitely lottery night and not draft night......lmao.

D-rock likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

This is almost my scenario should we not land the top 2 except the trading back part because it's so rarely done in the nba that I didn't even consider it. When was the last time a trade back like that has been done to move out from the 3rd or 4th pick to 10+?
    It has to be a team with 2 picks, leaving the Hornets and their 13th +15th pick or the Spurs 9th, 20th and 25th picks. Let's say both teams offer you that, which one do you take?

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Jabari please

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

For me...

1. Holmgren
    2. Smith

[gap]

3. Ivey
    4. Banchero

[gap]

5. Murray

BHannes2BHonest and Elie#17 like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Jabari
    Ivey
    Banchero
    Sharpe
    Chet

groovemachine likes this.
  20. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

DITTO!

in watching some of these playoffs-- It's either physical freak /elite shooting/ or guard talent leading these teams. I'm not sure Banchero is that guy at the next level for an extended period. Is he a superior play maker with the size?

Chet - Length and skill
    Smith - Shooting (looks like Klay)
    Ivey - Athleticism

I see Murray as younger Cwood with willingness to play defense and more reliable jumper. At 6'8 he's a little tweener but it's en vogue again.

I