1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your ideal draft night....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

If you believe that he is going to initiate like Harden (I don't think he will), then the Rockets need a strong or big point guard next to him so that the Green can cover point guards. That could be Dyson or Washington.... or even Jaden Ivey.

D-rock likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Jabari/Chet

Use a package to trade down/consolidate roster spots from #17 to ~#10. I like Dyson Daniels.

clutchdabear, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In my best Clyde Drexler voice: "I Like It".

I really like that idea a lot ....

But what does that say about Sengun & Garuba ?....

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I like the idea of having 3 or 4 bigs receiving playing time.

fattz and Corrosion like this.
  5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

1) Chet + athletic 3/4 (Option 1: Tari Eason; 2: Jeremy Sochan; 3: Kendall Brown)

2) Banchero + Mark Williams, partly because they already have chemistry

Jabari + a rim-protector would be alright as well, but I just don't see as much star-upside in him as Paolo/Chet.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Ideally, you find a way to snag two of the top four talents in this draft and figure it out later. This, however, is not especially realistic unless you mortgage the future.

The most "realistic" scenario would be to land a top 4 pick, then move up to pick up another complementary piece. For example, if we draft Chet, it would be great to move up and land a wing like Sochan.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Regardless of the draft position I would like the rockets to come out of the draft with 2 types of players:

1). A dynamic big that has the potential to be a good starter with any of the other bigs currently on the roster, but especially Sengun.

2). A 2-way wing that can push Tate to the bench in the near future.

Nabbing just one of those players in the draft would be fine. Getting both would be fantastic!

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like yours. Mine would be Holmgren and Sochan.
    If we end up with #5 I would take Sochan and Eason.

9. verysimplejason

Why isn't the Rockets looking for their own Curry? GSW now got 2. The Splash brotherhood just grew by 1. I'll not be surprised if there'll be more... :(

arabrocket likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

Is the league going to allow tate to grab people to get our guys open?

Richie_Rich, rytay45, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The perfect draft night for me:

1. Draft Chet or Jabari with our top pick.
    2. Draft one of Dyson Daniels, Jeremy Sochan or Tari Eason with the later pick.
    3. Trade both Christian Wood and Eric Gordon for future 1st rounders (I don't think we can really afford to bring on even more draft picks this season). Wouldn't be mad if Nwaba was thrown in to either deal.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Chet and jovic

D-rock, cmoak1982 and Corrosion like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Jabari

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. verysimplejason

Do you really think that they'd do that? You have to build first your reputation. Sometimes referees will let go if you're famous enough. It's the same with all the Lebrons, Kobes and Jordans. Did you see how Jokic and Embiid bullied and pushed everybody down low? Most of the time, it will merit a foul if he wasn't as famous as he is now. Besides, all you see is those grabs, screens, etc... But have you seen the passes and the extra passes just to get to the most open players? There are 3, 4 passes or more in each play with GSW. Just watch the highlights if you don't believe me. Athleticism and talent are not enough if you want to have a good team. Most of the time, it's the attitude, the personality that's more important. Sure, it's good to have the talent but the right attitude of a player is very important to the team. Case in point, how talented is Woods? But does he play like he really want to win even when losing?

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would be extremely happy with Jabari Smith and AJ Griffin, if we manage to get another pick. Two forwards with 7'1 wingspan both with good/great two way potential. They don't require the ball much to be effective and they would fit really well with Jalen, Sengun and Co.

Rashmon, Y2JT, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ideally, Chet or Jabari 1st pick
    Trade 17, more assets (even 2023 pick if necessary to move up and nab Sharpe) or
    trade 17, more assets not including 2023 pick for Myles Turner. Other assets include Milwaukee pick, Tate, Wood, Gordon, Nwaba, Matthews, Nix, KJM (hopefully not), one of nets picks if necessary.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

You are the first person on the planet i think to liken Draymond and Bogut with a Kobe or Jordan...

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jacherogren.

20. verysimplejason

I'm thinking of GSW as a whole or more of the Splash Bros. Take Draymond or Bogut out of GSW and see what happens to them if they try the same thing. Take Curry outside of GSW, see if his "protectors" get the same treatment like what Draymond or Bogut had experienced. Meanwhile, is there anyone in Houston that's comparable to Curry or Thompson so that Tate can do all the "protecting"? Everyone knows that the league is star driven. The more famous your star is, the better treatment you get from the referees and that affects the whole team.