1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kinda hoping Clutch puts him on the masthead

Plowman and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Winning really is the key to unity.

Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

"Their" guy? But I guess you'll never get over the Rox skipping "your guy" Mobley :rolleyes:

Not sure how you can be a Rocket fan when you hate the next Rocket cornerstone. Aint that right Mr. Corey Brewer? Its funny to see you call others toxic since you were one of the most toxic posters here esp after Mobley started balling out and Green started out struggling lol.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. BonziWellsGOAT

The point is he's not MY guy. He should be all of our guy. I've criticized kpj quite a bit on this board but it has absolutely zero to do with Green outside of the fact I think he should look to find him more when he's hot as any good pg should. Kpj has objectively done more to warrant criticism than Green has, period. It doesn't make someone a JGOF to voice that. Btw alot of the criticism needs to be levied at the FO and coaching staff for trying to force kpj into a role he isn't suited for.

Tfor3 and clutchdabear like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Where was plowman and y didnt u call out the folks like boobythegreat, newage, double d, downtownsnip3r cxxby and the rest of dem Mobley lovers when they were btching about Green from his masculinity to his hair and how he was a bust 1 month in, b4 he even played or when it was too soon fairly judge him?

Daroko bust potential, streaky shooter like brewer, takes a few years to b an NBA player, waste of a draft pick. Calling others folks cultists when they were called out.

Mobley only fans r the disgusting ones. Pining for rookie on an opposing team and shtting on our rookie "pretending to care for the rockets".

When u see post like this, not even a game into the season yet.

I don't think Green is a good pick. Full stop.

He's got by far the highest chance of being a bust out of those considered the top 4.

Before I looked into him with more detail I bought the BS hype just like everyone else but that changed when I saw nothing but flash devoid of substance.

So it's not a "I'd prefer a specific different player be the pick" situation, it's I don't want the Rockets to pick a likely bust.

-posted by a Mobley fan

A likely bust b4 he even has a chance to showcase his talent.

U support your rookies or u don't. We had folks who clearly did not like green for the dumbest reasons and were using him as a punching bag bc they wanted Mobley. Lacked even the ounce of patience.

#106 DatRocketFan, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

not totally accurate tho. while we were "more" united during our championship contention years, this board was still quite split on Harden. truth be told their will always be the "pessimistic" crowd that just doesnt believe in the group or stars we have and want something/someone else.

Thats the point of a discussion board tho, the optimist and pessimist meet up with the nuetrals and sling poo at each other in hopes of distracting themselves from the tribulations of life.

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Oh Wow! How surprising that BTG makes a guest appearance in this thread. Strangely he has been super silent since Jalen turned it around.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed.

If we can't be excited about a guy selected with the 2nd pick in an NBA draft--even if it seems like we are favoring him more than players with massive question marks on this team--then what the hell can we be excited about?

10. BonziWellsGOAT

That's exactly how I feel. There's not much else to be excited for. Just goes to show how petty some ppl here are. You would think everyone would be through the moon especially given the development the last couple months

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Some are more worried about making themselves look smarter than they really are on a basketball message board because that's the only thing that keeps them going.

Tfor3, i3artow i3aller and xaos like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Harden haters were extremist outliers imo.

How toxic must you be to continuously shat on the best player on a 8 straight seasons championship contending team?

Constructive criticism is one thing but the narrative filled vitriol was something else entirely.

Tfor3, TriumVirate, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I find it quite jarring that some of those folks are quite okay to post to when they don't have a full on Harden hate boner.

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep.

That was all they "contributed" - their postings would jump exponentially only after Rockets losses due to Harden "poor" performances.

Tfor3 and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, fair enough. Are fans that put a player above the team - Toxic? That will b**** and moan when someone else on the team makes the winning shot, because their boy didn't get the ball, will literally complain that theirs is not getting enough shots, and ignore the win by the team.

Is that toxic? Because it sure seems like it is to me, and that has happened here this year.....

And what was wrong with being dissappointed in how Green was playing he was terrible in the first half of the year, remember he was literally the last ranked NBA player - nothing wrong with saying you expected more from the number 2 pick.

Nor is anything wrong with recognizing how far he has come, and how much better he has been since the All Star break.

It is ok to both criticize poor play and recognize when a corner has been turned, that is what some fan's do.

What is weird to me is to see people that think small criticisms mean that is how you will always feel about a player, THAT, is stupid.

What exactly are folks looking for, someone to say.....I was WRONG about Green, I guess that depends upon the context, if they say....man, Green has stunk so far this season - doesn't mean they are wrong, they are actually right......as are the people saying....give him more time - you see those are 2 different conversations and people are talking past each other.....

I had to personally lower my expectations of him because of his poor play - then I enjoyed watching the growth, he is NOW exactly where I had hoped he would be this year.....and think he has an amazing future......is he going to be "THE GUY" dunno, maybe......

But, he is certainly playing excellently on both ends, and I am super happy he was our pick......even though I would have taken Mobley - I doubt either team is upset with their pick, this is literally a win win situation.....good......

Most people that criticized him, or at least me, were not saying "This is all he will ever be" they were saying...damn, I was hoping he would be better.......and now he is.

GO ROCKETS !

DD

#115 DaDakota, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Plowman likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is nothing clear about this premise, spoken like a clear JGOF.

What does any of that have to do with how those guys are currently playing?

Why can't they both be cheered for?

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  17. BonziWellsGOAT

You're a ****ing clown if you think I'm a JGOF. You come in to every thread like some pseudo "voice of reason" just so you don't have to eat sh*t from your terrible takes earlier in the year. Again criticizing what I see on the court with kpj doesn't make me a JGOF. Miss me with that.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

@ApacheWarrior
    @fchowd0311

Those are 2 of the most prolific, and take anything that is not gushing about Green as a negative.

19. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

This thread slurps cold chowder

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That certainly seemed to leave a mark.

I don't understand how me trying to be the voice of reason would save me from eating **** because of terrible takes, but ok.