1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Correa to the Twins - 3 Years, $105 Million

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheresTheDagger, Mar 19, 2022.

1. mightybosstone

I'm obviously devastated and will miss the guy immensely, but for what it's worth, we were all banking on a short-term deal anyway. At best, we would have gotten Carlos for 1-2 more seasons before he got his megadeal.

This way, you get to see what you have in Pena and Leon, and you save money to keep Tucker and Alvarez, who are younger and arguably the stronger offensive players.

The Astros will still be damn good next season. We're just starting to lose the core of the squad we thought were going to be part of a dynasty their entire careers, and that stings a bit.

2. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

We offered him more money in November. Stop calling Crane cheap like dumb, crying children.

The opt outs had to be the hang ups. I don’t get it, but I never expected Carlos to come back. Because **** Scott Boras forever and always.

htownrox1 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. RussE

RussE Member

Astros offer 5 years at $160 million months ago. Supposedly Correa laughs at it. I don't understand Correa. I just know he went 4 for 40 in the playoffs after pointing at his watch. I think he values himself way too much.

4. ktex

ktex Member

Talk about waking up on Saturday morning and feeling sick as fvck without being hungover. God fvcking damn I'm sour.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah... my uninformed opinion is the Astros didn't want to do a1 year opt out and go through this all over again next season.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This is the simplest explanation and probably the right one.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Daniella will hate Minneapolis

UTSA2step, RKREBORN, RussE and 2 others like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He opts out when they don’t make the playoffs

9. Radricky

Radricky Member

Really? Click didn't even address this with dusty before he went onto the field?

10. BALLhog 247 365

Altuve will be vindicated when the Astros win it all next year without the help of cheaters like Springer and Correa.

studogg likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Whaaaaat!?!?!?!

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Laughing at this guy heading north of The Wall in the dead of night because Scott Boras couldn't make him king.

Y'all need to give the Astros the benefit of the doubt - they haven't been this good for this long without knowing what they're doing. This guy is a huge injury risk, clearly overvalues himself, and 2 of our top 5 prospects play SS.

And this deal? I feel bad for Twins fans. They're going to spend a whole season hoping that Carlos likes it enough up there to stay only to watch him leave next year. I'm glad we didn't sign up for that drama.

13. right1

right1 Member

See you at Minute Maid in late August, Carlos. Hopefully the Astros will be 6 games up on Mariners/Rangers and the Twins will be out of contention. Good luck with the Yankees next year bro. I'm pretty sure that's what this is all about.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

That should be our biggest issue with the way this has played out. If the Astros can’t agree with every star free agent in it team, ok fine. But who exactly have we signed to fill those gaps?? Literally no one.

Springer
    Cole
    Morton
    Now Correa

And who have signed to replace that lost production? Who was the last solid FA we’ve brought in? Brantley 4 yrs ago??

This is the part that really frustrates me. These windows come by once a generation, if that, and we’ve seen an exodus of top tier talent leave without even coming close to replacing it. What’s the strategy here? Depend entirely on our incredibly mediocre farm system??

There better be some reporters asking these questions bc the fans deserve one.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I imagine him being traded to the Cubs mid season then dealt back to Houston after 4 games then fire Boras like Maldy experienced

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is why I feel it was a blindside by Carlos and Boras.

It all just doesn’t make much sense.

17. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After all these years, Buxton and Correa on the same team. That's honestly pretty funny. Nothing else about this is funny unfortunately. What a terrible day. Crane should have made it work. Terrible.

18. cdastros

cdastros Member

I think Carlos Correa blames the lack of quality offers on the Astros. One year on another team for similar money the Astros were offering can prove his worth to the rest of the league.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Unlikely to have back to back injury free seasons.

CinematicFusion likes this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

I think Pena could hit the .230 or so Story is going to hit away from the thin air and massive outfield...

If they sign him we've got another BoB running the Astros...