1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Poloshirtbandit

My only real gripe with the game is I don't like the dialogue system. Just have the characters tell me whatever relevant info they need to say, I don't like picking responses especially if they have no effect on the outcome of the story. I also think the jumping mechanic is a little weird.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I just finally bought elden ring for pc.... Haven't played it yet, that's something I don't like doing anymore though (extra t/s to get the game to even work). And with elden ring, without a controller it's probably as bad as other souls games, it's the one game where a controller is basically required.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You don't have to pick any of the flavor dialouge if you don't want to. The bottom left option is always the one to pick if you wanna get right to it.

I like it that way, no forced exposition, but there if you want it.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  4. Poloshirtbandit

I know but I feel like I'm missing some important part of the story if I don't pick them all.

5. Beezy

Beezy Member

I'm stuck in Elden Ring. Can't figure out how to
    try fingers but hole

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I preordered Elden Ring for PC, but haven't tried to play it yet. Sounds like it is a technical mess, especially on PC. Honestly, I'm getting pretty disappointed with the way From Software handles that stuff, and I'm one of their early fans (at least with Souls games). The game itself sounds amazing, which still puts it way up there overall, but I can't really make excuses for them anymore when it comes to these things. They're no longer that tiny team that slapped together a game in hopes it would sell 250K copies.

As for what I'm playing, I'm mostly just experimenting with more random gacha mobile games. Mostly trash. Don't have a lot of time to fully invest in a "real" game right now unfortunately. :(

Pretty sure they spend hundreds of millions of dollars making Genshin Impact, so that's a pretty high barrier for others to match (especially if it ends up being developed primarily in the West). There are some decent F2P games here and there, but hard to match the quality of something like Genshin Impact. I'm taking a break from it for now, but as I've said before, I'm very impressed with it as well. Even with the resources that have gone into it, the results are pretty good.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My oldest and I started playing Kingdoms: Two Crowns: Norse Lands DLC

It's pretty fun and works really well with Xbox 360 controllers on our 65" TV via Steam Link. Gorgeous music and pixelized graphics. My 4yo and 6yo watch transfixed the entire time.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Once I finish Spider-Man and the DLCs and Cyberpunk 2077, should I start Elden Ring or Horizon Forbidden West? Loved the first Horizon but I'm down for uber-nerding with Elden Ring. Or should I play it safe and go into Gran Turismo 7?

9. Xerobull

RC Cola likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Deshaun?

11. runamok

runamok Member

This game (Eldin Ring) is addictive (playing on PS4- no issues), I'm surprised no one else is talking about this game here. I can imagine the frustration for PC Players, that would piss me off. Some of the bosses / sub bosses in the open world are downright terrifying- like hell no I'm walking the other way- but that's the thing, you have choices now, and everyone playing will have their own unique different journey on how/what they experience- the Map is massive!. The open world has come to demon souls, def more forgiving with saving grace sites, but the doge roll strike from the back maneuver doesn't seem to work all the time now-yikes. I'm staring with prophet class- barely any weapons/armor but growing in incantations/spell options & it's a journey.

(oh yeah...you Will DIE)

Andre0087 and CCity Zero like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Bought this on a whim. Never played or heard of a rogue-like dungeon crawler so I played it like there would be save points after clearing a level… Whoops.

Great game and great animation. Still haven’t beat it yet!

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It took me 25-ish tries to clear it.

You'd think it gets stale, but the weapon variety and its upgrades makes different playthroughs a unique experience in trying to find good builds.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Reminds me back when I had the Taiwanese knockoff of an NES and they managed to fit 50-100 games inside a cartridge.

Though, I'm sure there are more gems than crap in this era...software never dies.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Going through this bundle, it's not entirely video games. There other software tools, music, books, pen and paper games and even rulesets for games that use a 52-card standard playing deck. For $10 and for a good cause, it's a no brainer.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

On a side-but-related note, I'm starting to see RTX cards stay in stock longer and prices kinda starting to come down, though they're still way too high to me. EVGA has had 3080's, 3080TI's, and 3090's in stock a few times lately, for anyone still interested. Now I just need more of the morons mining for crypto money to quit, and normal people can build a new pc. :D

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Xerobull

#97 Xerobull, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  18. Xerobull

Anyone try Wartales?

RC Cola likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wurz the magic?! Seems interesting, I guess. I'll add it to my wishlist full of "Early Access" candidates and wait until they're "Released Access". :D

20. Xerobull

Probably magic ‘light’ like Battle Brothers.