1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keegan Murray

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JayZ750, Feb 22, 2022.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He’s a sophomore so the hype level is different but a super super solid player. To me, if you can get past the fact that he’s had that extra year to “figure out” college basketball he is a Paolo that is more efficient and a better defender but less athleticism.

if he fell to the mid teens and the Rockets had a chance to pick him up I’d be all over it. A PF… but MAYBE could give you some hybrid SF minutes as well.

D-rock likes this.
  2. sydmill

sydmill Member

Love him after pick 10 or 12.

D-rock likes this.
  3. futilman

futilman Member

I think we need more high IQ players, particularly on the defensive end, and I don't think KM is that. Alpi's skills would shine so much more if players around him knew what to do without the ball. As skilled as KM is offensively, he doesn't seem to find the open man or cut effectively. His off-ball movement is sort of mediocre.

If Garuba can develop a good corner 3, I wouldn't give KM minutes above Usman.

4. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

A good athlete, good touch around the paint with some shooting potential. A bit of an old-school game, a lot of post ups and physicality. Kinda worried about all that translating to the NBA, but with more open spacing it could. The continued development of his 3pter would help. He's taking a few with motion, but he looks limited to just catch and shoot, which he's not bad at. His ability to grab and go bodes well for developing a more functional handle in the half court, but its theoretical rn. Also feel like he should be averaging more than..1.2 assists.

Offensively, theres a path to an all-star ceiling, but I think he's a bigger project than it seems.. What he's currently good at (post ups, paint finishing, midrange, a little bit of bully ball) is not a particularly rare or valuable skillset. But I think you can look at the huge leap from his freshman to sophomore year and be optimistic.

Late lotto seems about right. Would not be surprised if he falls right outside it. The range where you have to pick between "low ceiling" college stat stuffers and risky prospects.

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like Keegan Murray.

Like Tari Eason more.

RedIsen likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Guess i picked the wrong week to watch a full game of both of them lol

Keegan was awesome the last game. Eason came off the bench and struggled.

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

KG is much more developed offensively and is decent defensively.

TE is not nearly as developed offensively. Not even close.

But Eason is the best defensive prospect in NCAA.

By a wide margin.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/c...own--tari-eason--keegan-murray--jeremy-sochan

Also like Kendall Brown more and more.

Another long 2 way player who has potential to be elite on defense.

https://zonahoops.com/2021/11/30/kendall-brown-nba-scouting-report/

#7 D-rock, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't know what to make of Murray. I could see him go before Paolo or late lottery. Just depends on whether teams think his offense will work as a secondary scoring option that needs touches.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Keegan Murray is the truth.

J.R. likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

He’s a sniper. I wouldn’t take him with our first pick though because I don’t think I see star potential in him. He can be really good and important piece on a team though. If we trade down for multiple lottery picks cool or if he falls to the Brooklyn pick I’d be very interested. Doubt he falls that far, but you never know.

#11 vator, Mar 12, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    i3artow i3aller and roslolian like this.