1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no.

In a perfect world, if Green develops his guard skills more, they'll both be combo guards and they'll be able to go back and forth sharing those responsibilities.

Green has made strides lately and he's starting to figure out his spots much better, but let's not get crazy. KPJ is pretty far ahead of him as a ball handler.

On top of that, Green doesn't even seem to want that kind of responsibility. He defers almost all of the time and basically has to be forced into it by others. He was even deferring to Josh Christopher at one point.

When the defense had to adjust to KPJ roasting them, it opened things up for Green that weren't there earlier in the game and he took advantage of it. That's why the 2 of them compliment each other so well.....and would even more so if Green figured out his 3 point shot to an acceptable level. The gravity of one opens things up for the other. I expect to see a lot of that in the future if both players continue to develop.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny how these posters now pretend to be "happy" about Green's improvement when they scorned just a few weeks ago on any suggestion that he would be good someday.

3. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah. That's extremely rare to find & why trying to get top picks is key to maximizing your odds of that, but I would say the 2021 draft has a few of them with that kind of upside. I don't see Giddey as one

Note: I've only seen a handful of his games, so I'm not trying to be some Giddey expert here

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I am being honest, other than a clear cut superstar won't make me happy but I admit his development is a big positive for the ball club, no doubt about that.

I take a step back with my personal opinion and cheer on the Rox as one should.

D-rock and Easy like this.
  5. wesbound

wesbound Member

Hope this year will humble Jalen Green. Right after the draft, he's already yapping how he should be #1 etc and that he's pissed that he's not chosen 1st yadadayayday.
    He flaunts a few stacks of cash on IG shortly after his miserable drunk contest performance...
    He hasn't done much on a consistent base aside from shooting poorly & w/ some high flying dunks in most games.
    He's not even in ROTY talk or Which rookies would you build your team around.
    Wasn't the G-League supposed to give him a head start over guys coming out from college?

This year should be a good humbling year & hopefully he'll come back with more fires to elevate his game to the next in the following season.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

wut

7. xaos

xaos Member

The evidence is clear: Green needs more fires to elevate his game.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I wish this thread was locked. I prefer the original thread with all the idiots who swore up and down Green was a bust.

Rockets FTW and i3artow i3aller like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

The seven stages of Green Only Hater Psychosis, as outlined in the Clutchfans Commission handbook:
    • Denial.
    • Itching & Hives.
    • Extreme Thirst For Spunk.
    • Excessive Gas & Urination.
    • Acute Paranoia.
    • Uncontrolled Perspiration.
    • Homicidal Rage.

Nook, kpdark, Rockets4Life13 and 3 others like this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

12. xaos

xaos Member

Horizontal spacing is premier quality to have in the NBA.

red5rocket, Nook, D-rock and 9 others like this.
  13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Y'all really ran out of things to complain about lmfao. He has been nothing but humble. A person wouldn't call himself out for playing badly and try to get better every day if he wasn't humble. Many posters here mistaken confidence for ego. Give me a player with sky high confidence and the drive to become better any day. Saying you should've been chosen as number 1 is NOT ego. If you don't have the drive to become the best player you could've been then you shouldn't be in the NBA. You'll just be another wasted talent like Wiggins

14. xaos

xaos Member

No doubt

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Green's biggest detractors have always had the worst takes. Them being vocal about him being a bust was actually encouraging to me. Like with Barkley's guarantees, you can count those who have been consistently wrong to stay consistently wrong.

#755 MrButtocks, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  16. xaos

xaos Member

17. Milos

Milos Member

Beautiful
    This is the guy I've been waiting to see since summer league
    This is the guy that will win a scoring title some day

It's not 'hating' to point out he was an awful player the first 3 months of his career

It's also not being an 'only fan' to point out he has clearly turned a corner and is playing as well as any rookie right now

D-rock, BonziWellsGOAT, Easy and 5 others like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

These guys are all terrible and are now trying to sanitize their previous takes. All 3 of them insinuated that Jalen Green was a BUST and a WASTED DRAFT PICK halfway through his rookie season.

No matter how they try to spin their previous posts now, no one is buying into their BS.

Green is just going to continue to prove them wrong for the rest of his NBA career. If it were me, I would suggest them to stop being Rockets fans because it's going to be miserable for them from here on out...unless they swallow their pride and admit that they were 100% wrong.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why are you stooping to their level?

The Rockets like any other team are a free team for anyone to hop on. Emphasis is on By Choice.

It is comical, people treating sports and basketball like one's special toy and are petty about someone else playing with it and throwing it away.

Anyone is free to come and go, there is an Ignore Button for anyone, anyone can subscribe to Clutchfans and be a paying member......if they want to invest in it.

The admin is Clutch and unless he wants you gone himself, you are going to be staying.

The Rockets have existed way before JG and continue to exist way past Jalen Green's retirement. Amen.

#759 daywalker02, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    D-rock and palmsnbananas like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Truth. Give me the guy who believes he is better than Michael Jordan, as long as he works as hard as Michael Jordan on and off the court.