1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger & Duncan] Fantasy Draft Rookies & Sophomores

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Feb 22, 2022.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They talk about it a bit but I didn't take notes on the non Rockets.

robbie380 likes this.
  2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I don’t have an issue with most of those guys over Josh. I’d for sure have Josh over Moody though (even though I haven’t watched Moody much admittedly).

3. napalm06

I still can't believe we signed Michael Carter Williams, signed Carmelo Anthony, traded Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook with picks, trade trade of Clint Capela, traded for Iman Shumpert, Knight, Chriss, etc

What a time to be alive

BallaDoc and YOLO like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Lmfao

Mathloom likes this.
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I can’t believe we passed on Rashard Lewis for Dickerson, Drew, and Murckan.

I can’t believe we passed on Kawhi Leonard for Marcus Morris.

We can do this all day long for every team in the history of sports….

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Maybe two top 3 protected picks, but I think they’d need a good bit to remotely consider a Giddey for Green swap. Of course we aren’t doing that deal either. It’s like the Bill Simmons trade value thing, if they called us offering Giddey for Green Stone is immediately wondering why OKC is shopping Giddey. Presti just hangs up on Stone.

When someone thinks they have the better young prospect a trade takes a lot unless they just want to solve a log jam or something like that. I got a ton of crap for starting a “What would you trade for Mobley?” thread where I was basically willing to trade the entire team other than Sengun and include the 2022 Nets pick and 2023 Bucks pick without a second thought. But Cleveland wouldn’t consider that for a second. There probably isn’t a trade we could make where they would give us Mobley.

xaos likes this.
  7. napalm06

In 3 year span after winning 60 games and being 1 win from the finals?
    Or in an owners first 3 years?

What's the motivation of your false equivalency sir?

YOLO and Clutch City1993 like this.
  8. DreamR

DreamR Member

That's fine.

Should have been an honerable mention though.

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

Okay that's a fair reasoning

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  10. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

I agree with Duncan. Can you imagine Jalen with 5 out spacing like we gave Russ? You can't teach his physical gifts. His passing is getting better. Once the paint isn't totally clogged I think we'll see some magic. I can't believe he can't slide on defense though. Dude's hips are always out of position. The difference between him and most of these guys is he hasn't had to learn certain skills because he was NEVER at a physical disadvantage.

AlperenSengun, Mathloom and robbie380 like this.
  11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I just listened to half of this (good find OP!). One thing I think may have been missed in the OP is that this podcast dropped at the very beginning of Feb, so was probably recorded a little before that with opinions locked in a little before that as well. Opinions may have been different more factoring in Hali really shining with Fox out and after getting traded.

I also think Giddey’s awesome Feb would have been more factored in as well.

cmoak1982 and napalm06 like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

your post is why so retain such hope in Green’s future. Will he ‘get it’? I Shirley hope so, and yes, I think he will.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They didn't fight to the death over who gets to pick Josh Christopher with the number 1 pick? TERRIBLE LIST!

xiki likes this.
  14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Surprise Green go 6th. He's not a good for stat other than 3PM and PTS. Go before Bane, Giddey, Haliburton? Wow

palmsnbananas likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

agreed we can do this all day, but you can’t equate picking #14 with picking #2 in a talented daft. We’ll see if Green takes a big step heading into next year but if not, this isn’t just some, “oh well, it happens” thing. It’s a Sam Bowie thing.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Barnes over Hali and Ant? ....Why?

17. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Who the **** are these guys Duncan and Hollinger **** these guys man! Stupid ****ing Mobley fans! I’m sick of CF with all these stupid posters without an ounce of real basketball knowledge and with an agenda to just prop up Mobley and put down Green! Ban them!!

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If we are talking equating then it’s not fair to consider taking a complete and total bust like Bowie over the greatest player in the history of the game. Green’s floor is much higher than Bowie and Mobley, Giddey, etc will never get to the level of Michael freakin Jordan.

Seriously knee jerk reactions around here. Most players need several years to meet their potential. Go look at all the best guards rookie seasons right now. All comparable to Green. If he doesn’t improve by the end of his rookie deal ok y’all are vindicated and we will get the Mobley mob their trophy.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Holly calling Green a terrible basketball player is laughable. He’s using the “right now” card so he can go back and say how he was right at the time. At least have some conviction and say he’s terrible and will be a bust. What a joke.

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I’m reserving judgement on Green.

He started off the year rough then when he looked to be turning the corner (wasn’t he averaging like 18 in like a 8-10 game stretch?) he got injured and missed a month.

Since he’s returned, he has been up and down. Really struggled a few weeks ago but heading into the break, he had some very nice/solid string of games.

Overall, it’s tough to ignore that he has been, at best, the 3rd option and usually a “stand in the corner while Wood, KPJ, Gordon take majority of touches” for most of the year. That’s on coaching because anytime that Green has gotten the ball and opportunity, he’s been pretty solid. Still a rookie and inconsistent but you can see the potential way more than when he is just acting as a corner shooter.

I was on the Green team over Mobley because I thought it would take 2-3 years for Mobley to get the strength necessary for a NBA big so it is a little disappointing that it seems like Green is the one that needs more time to develop his frame. But it is what it is.

Rockets FTW likes this.