1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 13, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Welcome Jabari Smith Jr.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

There are sure things but you only get them around once or twice a decade. I'd say AD-Luka, KD-LeBron, Duncan-Shaq, were the last 6. Don't think Chet is at that level yet but if he maintains his current level of play through the tournament then he will be.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Pablo reminds me of Giannis Antetokoumpo how he takes the ball down and drive to the basket, he is physical in the paint and can play against Centers, He can shoot the 3's. dribble to the basket and post his defender. He is 6'10 and 250 lbs. and Giannis is 6'11 and 242 lbs. Pablo has great offense skills but hardly no defense play.

Jabari Smith remind me of Durant. Just go to YouTube and look at Durant his rookie year at Texas against Kansas and watch Jabari play against any team. Both are tall, great shooters, shoot over anyone and will play defense. Also, they will post small defenders on them. Jabari is good but the coach do not play him a lot of minutes.

Chet reminds me of ??? I have never seen anyone like Chet, he is not like KD or Garnett. Chet plays like a Guard, he can dribble, shoot 3 pointers and post anyone up.(Mobley does not have the offense at Chet). Chet is a elite shot blocker and can guard small players. He should not play Center but Power forward like Mobley and he will be fine. Chet is playing like a Unicorn! However, one thing I'm worried about is the competition he is playing against. When he played against, Texas, Alabama or even Duke he was pushed around and he played uncomfortable, and now he is playing against "Suburban Kids" in his conference who is not physical or talent as the ACC and the SEC. I'm worried about the talent he is playing against......

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet's level of competition could not be any worse than G League amirite?

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Aside from following my Bears and Coogs...Chet is the most compelling story of the upcoming tournament to me. I want to see how he handles things when the lights are on brightest and the competition is super high.

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m excited for this too. He’s always done well in high pressure situations internationally so I’d like to see that continue and even expand on.

MadMax likes this.