1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol what happened to questions like

will he still insist on shooting 1000 3s when cold?!

will he finally decide to go back to midrange because this is a huge hole in his game?

will he refuse to settle for chucking 3 pointers, because hes not a good 3 pt shooter and relentlessly drive to the rim?

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Drives per game has been tracked since 13/14. Here is Harden’s rank each year in drives per game.

13/14 : 22nd
    14/15 : 7th
    15/16 : 10th
    16/17 : 3rd
    17/18 : 2nd
    18/19 : 1st
    19/20 : 8th
    20/21 : 8th
    21/22 : 10th

No matter how many 3s you think he chucks per game he has zero shortage in drives.

jim1961, hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Embiid is the MVP and single most dominant player in the league RN, he is basically a 1 man show but made the Sixers a top team.

Just my opinion but pairing a transcendental talent like that with Harden is a bad idea cuz Harden is only an average catch and shoot guy and he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Ive never seen Harden move off the ball and I dont expect him to do so now he is 33 yrs old. You dont want Embiid being the roll man and doing lobs every possession either, thats just hell on his knees and a waste of his talent. Harden is great for redundancy in case Embiid goes down, but they're ****ed regardless when Embiid goes down anyway. I also dont like the rest of the roster and supporting cast they dont have consistent 3 pt shooters around Harden and Embiid.

I think pairing Embiid with a complementary player would have been better. For example sending Simmons to Sac for Haliburton, Barnes and Davis would've resulted in a better team in terms of both fit and long term contention.

JumpMan, cheke64 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how much is enough? harden probably thinks exactly like you... oh look i have already drove too much i better bail out defense by chucking some 3 pointers...

thats not what yanis did...you do what you do best and insist on your way...

if you want to win it all you cant go by average or what others are doing....just do what needs be done...

throw all numbers you want it wont change the fact hes settling too much and hes not a good 3pt shooter...my eye test is a better computer than the ones youre using

but its interesting in the years he got closest to winning it all 18 and 19 only to be stopped by the refs he was 1st and 2nd in drives

5. Asian Sensation

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kyrie a -5 on the season, Seth must be better than him

How long will these sad lonely exes grasp at straws? They’re so hurt, and it’s hilarious.

hakeem94, clos4life, BigM and 3 others like this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harden doesn't move off the ball well but there were some reasons that did not involve his being lazy. BUT Harden was always great catch and shoot. If I remember specifically thinking that 1 of the flaws in our offense when he was here was our inability to generate those looks for him.

I am ok with him getting a title in Philly. Ultimately breaking up the CP3/Harden/Tucker/Gordon/Capela core is on the organization parties involved at the time and was a gigantic error. We would still be competitive today.

8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

The Philly trade really has that man pressed lmaoo.

Been spewing posts left and right since.

jerryclark and Reeko like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol. imagine being this butthurt over someone u wanted gone for the longest

Instead of being this angry and emotional almost 2 years later, how about taking the time to repair the scars Harden clearly left on your heart? These bitter baby mommas need healing

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden had to carry in Houston. On the Nets, he had no problems with deferring to KD and Kyrie, so I don't think Harden will have any problems with giving it up to Embiid.

The biggest problem with the Sixers, pre-Harden, was the lack of a ballhandler. That was Simmons' job, but since he wasn't there, you had Embiid(!) bringing up the ball a lot...even with Maxey on the floor. Now, instead of Embiid bringing up the ball, giving it to a guard after crossing halfcourt and then trying to get to his spot in the paint, all Embiid needs to focus on now is getting position in the paint for a Harden pass.

The only reason Capela always (ALWAYS) rolled to the rim for a lob, was because his offense was limited to 3 feet from the rim. Embiid can hit jump shots and, in the paint, his offense is 1000x better than Capela. Point is, don't just look at Embiid as if he's Capela.

The best gameplan for the Sixers, imo, is a Harden/Embiid two-man pick. Harden has a regular guard defending him, while Embiid has the opposing center. Now, with the pick, Harden's defender has to go on Embiid while Embiid's defender is now on Harden.

Embiid can now just bully that smaller defender in the paint after positioning well for a Harden pass, or Embiid can just get the ball at the elbow from a Harden pass, and shoot over his smaller defender.

tl;dr - I don't get why people say Harden isn't going to make Embiid better. The Harden/Embiid two-man game is going to wreck defenses. Embiid already looked dominant before Harden. Now, aside from poor health, there's literally nothing stopping Embiid from being further unlocked.

TEXNIFICENT and clos4life like this.
  11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Sixer's lacked someone who could create offense other than Embiid in the half court. Simmons was the best (or one of) at creating three point looks in transition but could only do so inconsistently in the half-court. Harden would be the first 76er that is a dynamic shot creator and playmaker in the pick and roll since AI.

Embiid is very different and vastly better than Capella. But Capella is a much better rim runner (his one offensive skill). Rim running is a skill that requires, bounce, coordination and a ton of effort. Most of those hard rolls to the rim results in being a decoy, but to be effective the center has to roll hard every time. It's why Dwight bristled at only being a roller in Houston.

Teams will likely defend the Harden and Embiid high screen by having their big men drop while Hardens defender goes over and trys to recover. They'll crash Thybulles/Harris/Maxey/Korkmaz (in order of most to least) defender down to help. They will give up two things with this defense, the floater to Harden and the jumpshot to Embiid. What they wont give is a smaller defender isolated against Embiid or easy shots at the rim.

The Embiid/Harden pairing will still be very effective offensively and as many analysts have predicted will work similar to how CP3 and Harden worked in 2018. Two offenses onto themselves with the occasional two man game. I expect Embiid to still operate in the same areas he has been prior to Harden. The only difference is he will start more from the 10-15 feet instead of 16 to 22 feet. Embiid and Harden's two man game will result in him catching the ball at the free throw line extended or closer, which for Embiid is perfect to start his attack.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

31:54, 41:57, and 44:15

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I thought niang was a scrub but he absolutely clamped giannis for half the game

I dont think bucks have a chance in this series unless lopez somehow comes back and comes back at 100. Embiid shoots right over portis and harden cooks ibakas dusty ass every time

clos4life, i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  14. SunsRocketsfan

Let's all just agree harden is fools gold and is a loser and always will be with his weak ass quit mentality.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why do people have more confidence in Dame fricking Lillard??

Rocket River

clos4life and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. lionaire

lionaire Member

damn, no hesitation throwing Ben under the bus. He basically says mental health is important but we get paid well so get over it cause we're trying to win lmaoo. certainly others on the team shared that sentiment.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

doubt many of them actually buy his mental health excuse

clos4life and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Man literally btch every fking game thread when harden played. Now he's gone man is still btching about harden every days it seemed.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s hurting and is unable to remove James Harden from his mind, and that makes him hurt even more…it must suck to be in a cycle where you’re obsessed with the one u hate, but that is the way of the bitter baby momma

he must seek help for his sad lonely ex syndrome…his Harden obsession consumes him

clos4life and DatRocketFan like this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Man hits a few clutch shot. Dame time and loyalty for a team when at best was a middling team.

hakeem94 likes this.