1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Gioan Baotixita

This is the POS you voted for.

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Better than the orange ass-hole who didn't do anything for America...he doesn't pay his debts either...:cool:

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so you saying Biden is the lesser of the 2 evils?

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yes.

IBTL likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this is pretty damn funny

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Nobody Missed the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. Why Bring It Back?
    WHO IS THIS FOR?
    It’s is a grotesque, self-congratulatory, backslapping event for the elites, by the elites.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nobod...pondents-association-dinner-why-bring-it-back

excerpt:

The WHCA dinner in the past typically featured a sitting president delivering a comedy routine. Most modern presidents have been pretty good at it, which speaks to the performative nature of the profession. However, one of the unintended consequences of turning statesmen into standups was the election of Donald Trump.

I’m referring to President Barack Obama’s roasting of Trump at the 2011 dinner. Obama “lampooned Mr. Trump’s gaudy taste in décor,” wrote Maggie Haberman and Alexander Burns of The New York Times. “He ridiculed his fixation on false rumors that the president had been born in Kenya. He belittled his reality show, The Celebrity Apprentice.”

And what was the result?

“That evening of public abasement, rather than sending Mr. Trump away, accelerated his ferocious efforts to gain stature within the political world,” Haberman and Burns continued in their 2016 article. “And it captured the degree to which Mr. Trump’s campaign is driven by a deep yearning sometimes obscured by his bluster and bragging: a desire to be taken seriously.”

It’s entirely plausible that if the 2011 WHCD never happened, Donald Trump would not have run for president in 2016 in a desperate, yet ultimately successful, attempt at revenge.

Booking Trevor Noah, host of The Daily Show, screams out-of-touch progressive. I’m not his target audience, but he clearly seems to prioritize scoring left-wing political points over belly laughs, which is fine—if you’re a cable news pundit. If you’re a comic, it’s just “clapter.”

My point is that the WHCD’s choice of comedians nearly always betrays the leftward tilt. Joe Rogan, Dennis Miller, and Adam Carolla are comedians with right-leaning or hard-to-define politics. I don’t expect to see any of them under consideration for presidential roastmaster general.

The WHCD is an antiquated relic that does more harm than good. We should have just let it fade from our collective memory, rather than trying to resurrect this monster.

Like yet another bad remake of Ghostbusters, this is a blast from the past that nobody asked for.
    more at the link

8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Just shut the **** up lol.

9. Nook

Nook Member

It really doesn't come down to whether people hate Biden.... or Trump.

It comes down to which one do they hate more, and who shows up to vote.

The Republicans have already played their hand, they are going to have Trump at the top of their ticket assuming that he doesn't die of old age.

The Democrats haven't yet played their hand, not sure they have the balls to get someone other than Biden and Harris to be their nominee.

The Republicans would win the White House if they had someone like Nikki Haley as their nominee.... but she is angling for the VP job. It will be interesting to see what happens with the dopey governor of Florida.

As for the Democrats, I don't think they know what they are going to do. I haven't seen anyone really come up and present themselves as a strong viable candidate. I think that Stacey Abrams is the most gifted politician in the Democratic party, but I am not sure they will put her on the throne. Abrams is the smartest person in politics today.

10. Gioan Baotixita

No, you shut the fukk up.

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its because Dems don’t worship politicians. Politicians work for them. Doesn’t mean they don’t understand the importance of showing up and making sure nutcases that believe in the laws of Jonathan Turley don’t get in power.

I think the media and the right might be the ones having happy thoughts right now based on polling.

The polling in 2020 was god awfully incorrect too. It’ll be similar to 2020 as long as people turn out, and I think there will be a lot to turn out for.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're giving too much credit to how organized the Democrats might be. I don't think the DNC or the party as a whole is as organized or focused to decide who can win the next election. For that matter Biden is still running in 2024 and until he says he isn't I doubt any major Democrat will step forward to try for the nomination.

Nook and rockbox like this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not so sure about the smartest but she is very effective at making positive change and she cares. I would vote for her assuming she doesn't have crazy nutjob positions like AOC or other on the extreme right or because she is anyone but Trump. She's definitely someone to look up to.

Nook likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, and that is my point. The Democrats lack leadership and unity and it is politically cost them greatly.

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Abrams is incredibly smart with exceptional political instincts. Being a heavier set black woman has met that she has been underestimated her entire life. She does have an enormous ego, but everyone in that level of politics does.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You have to have a crazy ego to be in politics. You have to think that you are the one capable of leading a lot of people. The only time I have an issue is when people are doing it because of their ego. Trump is the epitome of this. His ego drives his decisions.

Nook likes this.
  18. mick fry

mick fry Member

What a stupid thread. At some point reality has to sink in to most intelligent people and they will admit and accept they were incredibly wrong. I left a long time ago when I realized I wasn’t dealing with people playing with a full deck. The TDS exemplifies how willing you are to cut off your nose in spite of your face. So go ahead cult members and savor this senile, country destroying, weak, tapioca eating, pants ********, pos puppet and deny the fact you were better off the last 4 yrs but you’ll only be lying to yourselves. PEACE!

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

there's at least a nonzero probability that Putin picked yesterday of all days to launch his invasion

Astrodome likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How in the hell were we better off with that Pathological liar in charge of the country? He put the k in dicktator.

DaDakota likes this.