1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Master Baiter, Dec 18, 2020.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Best choice the show ever made.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

diznee needs to stop being so greedy and just combine mando and fatt. aint nothing interesting about an old mando. he wasn't even interesting young.

fatt boba's book got good when mando and the gang came back.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

that
    not that anyone cares, but i meant nobody cares about old FATT, not old mondo. i bet old mondo would be badass, especially since he'll have elementary-level gregu

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yo Mando looks intimidating while Boba is short and wearing a skirt and probably ate too much boba
    @Jontro
    Should have gotten a taller actor

Entropy, Ziggy and Jontro like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

ikr. should have gotten dwyane "big rok dik" johnson. plus how you supposed to command respect when your hot sidekick chick can probably kill you in less than 5 moves?

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that finale was basically an hour-long michael bay-style "action" sequence that was all explosions and fighting w/ little to no actual plot or character development.

i loved mandalorian, but boba fett was a huge disappointment.

Entropy and B-Bob like this.
  7. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Auralnauts are the best...
    “He doesn’t take no for an answer. Unless he’s asked to. Then he does, because it’s the right thing to do. And the polite thing to do.”

8. Buck Turgidson

Where is @B-Bob?

Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ziggy and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

That portion of the show to me was "The Fett and the Furious starring Skin Diesel"

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So is this show worth watching? I stopped after episode 2. My subscription ends in a month.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If you watched the Mandalorian the last 3 episodes are basically mandatory.

If not then you can skip it, Boba's stuff is aggressively uninteresting.

clos4life, Entropy, Ziggy and 3 others like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Bump. Finally saw this show and amidst all the bashing, I still enjoyed it. Of course I'm a star wars junkie so this first season was like having a bad pizza - but it was still pretty good.

I think Cad Bane comes back next season. Really cool how they used the same voice actor from the clone wars into the live-action series. And someone said Cobb Vanth comes back half machine, that's possible too. Star wars loves to bring back people from death like Boba.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Worth it just for this bit...lol...

DD

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Robert Rodriguez Knows if Boba Fett Is Coming Back, But He’s Not Spilling

His new sci-fi film Hypnotic, starring Ben Affleck, is out this week—but mum's the word on Star Wars.

By
    Germain Lussier
    PublishedYesterday

Comments (24)

[​IMG]
    Robert Rodriguez, seen here directing The Book of Boba Fett, has a new movie out this week called Hypnotic.
    Image: Lucasfilm
    Forty years ago, Han Solo said it best. “Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?” After the character’s unexpected return in The Mandalorian season two, he got a full backstory in The Book of Boba Fett. But now it’s been well over a year and even after a full season of The Mandalorian, the first famous Mandalorian is still nowhere to be seen.

Will he appear in Ahsoka? The Mandalorian season four? Another season of The Book of Boba Fett? One person who knows is Robert Rodriguez, who directed Boba’s Mandalorian return in “The Tragedy” and executive produced The Book of Boba Fett, while also directing almost half the series. io9 spoke to him on behalf of his upcoming Ben Affleck sci-fi thriller Hypnotic and tried to find out, but Rodriguez wouldn’t budge.

“I can’t say,” he told io9. “I’m sworn to secrecy. I wish I could tell you. I know all the answers to what you’re asking, but I can’t say.” Which, to be honest, is the answer we expected. Was he going to say? “Oh, Mando recruits him in season four and then they fight side by side in the Dave Filoni movie?” Of course not. But it was worth a shot.

What Rodriguez was clear about is just how much he cherishes the character and the universe. He even compares his time in a galaxy far, far, away to a fantasy camp.

“Everything you saw every day... it didn’t feel like you were seeing behind the scenes. It felt so real,” Rodriguez said. “The sets were so real. Even the volume was so real that you felt like you were in Star Wars... You know, there’s these’s things called ‘Rock Camp’ that if you want to go play with [Aerosmith guitarist] Joe Perry or something, you pay money to get on stage for two seconds with him? This is what a director would pay money to do. To have Star Wars camp. To get to direct and edit and be part of the Star Wars universe just as an experience is one of my favorite experiences because it was just a dream come true.”

Maybe, one day, we’ll see him back there. Until then, you can see Rodriguez’s attempt at making his own version of an Alfred Hitchcock film, with a sci-fi twist, in Hypnotic starring Ben Affleck. It’s out Friday and we’ll have more on that later this week.

19. Buck Turgidson

I re-watched it before I started this season of the Mandalorian...I fast-forwarded through all of the Sand People scenes and it was an exponentially better show.

clos4life and Xerobull like this.
  20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I did something similar to Attack of the Clones. I just skipped over every scene with sand people, Tatooine, and what Lucas calls a Love story. It was a lot more entertaining.