1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I understand why people favored Mobley at the time and if anything, the evidence to this point is certainly in their favor. No doubt.

But.... I believe it is a fair statement to say Green still has the highest ceiling in the class. For better or worse, This was a traits pick.

Ive gleaned the following...
    1. That a season of college basketball is better preparation than the G league. However the gap may have been larger because of covid messing up the G league season.

2. Our 2022 draft process must emphasize skill set over athletic ability for balance.

3. Jalen Green needs a better coach. I admit the kid struggles but I also don't feel like we're putting him in that great of a position often.

The biggest problem with this thread is that there are certain posters, who prop themselves up off of their Mobley love. This also has a tendency to stray into insults when their meds or blood sugars are low.

It would have been extremely ballsy of us to draft Mobley considering he didn't want to be here. I'd give Green the grade of C.

BUT..... I've also seen some things on the basketball court from Green and very few other people in the world can do. Again, a traits pick that I personally would make again knowing Mobley didnt want to be here.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Season long slump?

[​IMG]

BigggReddd and D-rock like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Corner turn inbound

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Let me ask you this. Who would Morey have chosen with that 2nd pick if he was still in charge since he favors metrics that would have supported Mobley as the guy? Would Morey draft him? Why and why not in your opinion? We’re all in fantasy land right now anyway humor me.

As far as real world solutions all you can do is wait. Do you want to win games this year? Gotta see it through why abandon ship for efficiency when finding out what you have (or don’t have) is of a way more pressing concern? Sengun should play more I agree. JC should play more too. Same with KJ and Armoni. We should run all rookies. Screw it. Develop. Lose your ass off get a high pick and do it again next year. 2024 season you sign a premier FA and get ready for the dynasty!

The same energy spent destroying the guy we have and exalting the one we don’t is wasteful. What if we get super lucky and land Victor? He’s a better prospect than any 7 footer since Durant probably. All is not lost. This is year 1 with the new blood it’s going to be a 3-4 year test of fandom and I’m not sure everyone understood how dirty it could get.

Stephen_A likes this.
  5. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I was going to compare Green to Stromile Swift and Tyrus Thomas as well as Johnny Flynn but he blows even their rookie seasons out of the water.

it’s still up to Green wether or not he’ll play 9-12 years in the league as a decent spark plug role player or 15+ years as a star.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Hardly season long. It's like people forget he had a 30 point game and how quickly he got there compared to the average NBA player. (Here's a hint, pretty much everybody else who did it that quickly is a HOF multiple all star.)

Stephen_A likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If it's up to the kid who responds to his worst game by being on the court taking shots an hour later, we're going to be just fine.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who knows what Morey would have done and who cares since Morey was NEVER part of that equation. And Morey very likely would not have steered the franchise into the ditch and over a sheer cliff like Tilly, Stone and Silas have done.

But I'll humor you and play what if Morey had the pick - it's very likely NOT what Stone did.

Stone ignored his analytics team when he drafted Green.

And you know this, I have always preached patience with Green FROM DAY ONE because unlike the Only Fans I knew he was not ready.

And while I support all our young players, that doesn't mean I will pretend they're playing well right now if they are not.

Only fools ignore the reality staring them in the face.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yikes.

JOF taking hits left right and centre.

I still laugh when I think some of them tried so hard to argue that his shot wasn't horrific.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

work with a professional shooting coach

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL 1 game vs season minus 1 game long

D-rock likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Just lmfao at that last tidbit... has gone away from what he's worked on with Lucas.

So the kid is stupid too. Fantastic.

Your shooting mechanics were SO BAD, they needed to be reinvented. But you're so headstrong/stupid you decide to ignore that and think you know best.

I swear to god each day that goes by Jalen Green just feels like utter karma from the basketball gods to Tilman.

Incoming Mathloom comment. *Jalen Green shoots 1-18 and has 8 turnovers. Mathoom: here's why this game proves Jalen Green is a superstar

D-rock likes this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

If you're just going to make **** up it's pointless quoting me. He's had more than 1 good game, and that's a fact.

Stephen_A likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You seem more stupid than what you claim Jalen is. It is not easy to change your shot form. Your body is trained to do things a certain way.

15. Downtown Sniper

You're absolutely right.

It's almost like Lonzo Ball didn't do the same thing when his shot was being critiqued.

Oh wait.

Who's the stupid one?

Quieten down JOF. Don't take yourself to Jalen's level.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lonzo Ball changed his shot form during his rookie year?

Oh wait it was across multiple years and offseasons

you are the stupid one

Mathloom likes this.
  17. xaos

xaos Member

Downtown Sniper is angry drunk posting again

Mathloom likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Hold on kid. You're changing the goalposts.

Although why am I surprised, JOFs have been doing that since day one to prop up their failure.

First you said your body is trained to do things a certain way, and it's not easy.

You never once put a time frame on that.

But now all of a sudden after you've been put in your place you've got to wiggle out and say something else?

It's ok, i'll let you have that one because I know wins are hard to come by for JOFs. He does his fans no favours whatsoever.

But here's where I'll stop the buck and just shut you up for good.

Maybe it is hard. I wouldn't know. Because 99.9999% of players when they reach the NBA are competent in their form and it doesn't need to be restructured. An example we have is Lonzo Ball who put in the work to do it and he accomplished it and came out a better shooter.

Jalen? Oh it's too hard apparently. So he quit trying and just went back to his same old broke ass whack form. What a loser. That tells me all I need to know about him, as if his play didn't speak volumes already.

Take this loss and move on. You've embarrassed yourself woefully today. Wait are you Jalen? He does that pretty frequently too.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don’t know what you are talking about kid. You misinterpreted Silas’ quote and that’s what I called you stupid for. Silas did not say that Green “quit” or “stopped trying” to fix his form. He said he went away from it which happens because it’s habits are hard to break. It does not mean that Green isn’t committed to breaking it.

You posted so much yet I owned you in half the words. See ya

Mathloom likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

I bolded two parts in your post.

You might be the dumbest person alive if you believe what you said.

"he said he went away from it" - aka HE STOPPED TRYING.

Something you said Silas didn't mean.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha i cannot believe this right now.