1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Culley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 5, 2021.

1. a time to chill

This organization is a JOKE. Only the Jaguars are running a bigger clown show than us. You can't justify hiring an unqualified head coach only to fire him after one season. The Texans could've gotten the hire right last year if the charlatan Jack Easterby didn't persuade idiot Cal McNair to ignore the advice of Jamey Rootes and that Korn Ferry search firm to hire Omar Khan and hire Caserio instead. How is it OK to fire Culley and not also fire Easterby and Caserio? This tells me they had someone in mind last year and hired Culley instead because the coach they really wanted was unavailable. If the Texans are that laser-focused on 1 guy being the head coach it's another recipe for disaster. If they hire another ex-Patriots coach this tells me the Texans have no self-awareness at all on how stupid they look.

Until Easterby is gone you can't trust anything the Texans do or say.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

that’s a lot of money for a year of chewing gum!

good for him **** cal.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They would be if they can get one of them. Hopefully they have assurances from their guy but who knows with this org. 22 mil for one season is probably the most any pro sports coach has been pad for a season. These guys are ****ing idiots.

BMoney likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

If Calhoun bought the Patriots, would the championship titles come here as well? For example Brady shows up at Reliant stadium to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the 2004 trophy.

Nook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i wish they would have fired BOB as swiftly.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

well put.

ROXRAN and Fantasma Negro like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Go Texans!

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The best part of this is that a good old man made 22 million dollars from working for these dipshits for a year. Good for him. Now let's see what they manage to **** up next!

Nook, verse, the11mingdynasty and 9 others like this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

11. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I’m just happy Kelly is gone, now if only Easterby, McNair, McClain, Vandermeer, and John Lopez would leave too…now that would be a good day…

Phillyrocket and gfab-babyboi like this.
  12. a time to chill

No, we are upset because we saw through this charade when Culley was hired. Everyone knew he was a stop-gap coach and we were right! What well-run sports franchise hires someone unqualified for the job rather than trying to hire the best person for the job in the first place? It's so dysfunctional and Texans look even more terrible than they did when Watson asked to be traded. If you think the Texans have a shot of being good under this Easterby/Caserio regime you are delusional.

clos4life and Deep Steel Truth like this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He was in over his head, but I have no idea how they didn't see this in the interview process.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. a time to chill

Anybody who gives that type of take without also calling for the firing of Caserio/Easterby should not be taken seriously.

Nook, red5rocket, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  16. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Let me guess...Josh McDaniels.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The scenario that Caserio (heh, rhymes) arrived and then by a week later most candidates were gone is fairly plausible.

Overall I'm glad they didn't throw the sink at someone they didn't have faith in. If Caserio had a guy in mind but needed to wait for it to line up, this makes a lot of sense.

I feel bad for Culley and his staff, but they got comped for it.

18. CrazyJoeDavola

This is the dumbest take I have ever seen. I mean DUMB. You can't crush the Texans because "He was incapable of performing the basic duties of an NFL HC"? Ok fine Stoerner you dip****. Let's crush the Texans because they hired someone that "was incapable of performing the basic duties of an NFL HC" in the first place!

Geez. Who is this guy?

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If the Texans get a coach like Flores then it's fine. Otherwise, you can't look at Caserio with anymore confidence than the last regime. The Culley hiring was bad from the outset and paying $22 million for this guy is crazy.

20. a time to chill

The issue with that is if they already had someone in mind when Caserio was hired, then how thorough will their search be for Culley's replacement? Are they truly getting the best coach or just someone they're comfortable with?