1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 12/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

For a team that prides themselves on their grit, the Heat sure flail and flop around a lot…and they get rewarded by the referees due to “reputation” or something. As much as I love former Rocket Lowry, he was not set on the charges he drew and almost injured our guys by sliding under them, especially on the one he took on a Green. And inconsistent officiating took our best scorer to that point out of the game.

That said, I think the game was lost in that abysmal 2nd quarter. We let some Guy **** all over us and that’s no fun. One more game tomorrow. Hope Al-P is ok, because if he is I sense a big game from him.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here try this take on for size.

Since Green came back our winning percentage has plummeted again......coincidence?

Yes, it is....but anything can be made to look like one guy.....the entire problem is that

Green is 19
    Porter is 21
    KMJ is 20
    Jgup is 20
    Sengun is 19

We are just super young in our core......and we are getting out smarted......that will change, as our guys learn......

DD

Sonicbun8, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The KPJ experiment is OVER. The guy has zero BBall IQ, inconsistent shooting and can't finish at the rim but thinks he's a superstar. He is toxic.

aaquaa and TheRealist137 like this.
  4. BonziWellsGOAT

Show me where he was bad on defense. You keep saying this. His defense has been way better of late. Stop with the narrative man, its old and youre old.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Out of all the players on the team, Green has shown the most knack of making tough big shots in tight games during crunch time like the Lakers game. He will eventually be the closer once he has more reps.

beardsanity713 and 34to11 like this.
  6. 34to11

34to11 Member

This has been my biggest concern all season long.
    The OJT PG experiment with Porter Jr was worth exploring, and while he has shown occasional flashes of ability, far more often he flashes bright red warning signs.

I'll say it again; maybe Cleveland had it right by playing him at the 3 spot.

beardsanity713 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. BonziWellsGOAT

That has nothing to do with not getting him the ball. Green and Nwaba were the only ones with a positive +/-. Stop it.

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The only players that shouldn't be tradeable on this team are Green and Sengun, and mostly because they are too young to know their true value as of right now and you don't want to abandon them prematurely.

Not sure what you do with KPJ. My guess is he'll have some good and bad games going forward, and that this pattern will continue. We've already exercised his contract option for next season. Do you trade him? Move him over to a SG/SF role? Bring him off the bench? Would he accept a bench role? Whatever we do, we just can't go into next season with him as the starting PG. I think by this point we know it's not his role.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Young guns still learning and a big work in progress but come on Silas I know you can coach better then this! Well on 2022 and hoping for better things for the team! H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets!!
    Happy New Year Clutchfans!!

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has been shooting the ball great lately, much better than before

i also laugh at the "turnover issue", which he has improved on since the start of December

no one is safe at 21 years of age in this league it seems, not allowed to grow or have time to grow from some fans

We must have results straight away

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

This one? :D

[​IMG]

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because it would be terrible for a guy developing confidence to be forced to do things he is not good at yet, and it could backfire, better to set him up for success in a year in which we aren't really trying - let him find his way, and expand upon what he is good at without trying to hard to force it.

I am 100% fine with Green's development he is doing fine for a 19 year old....

I don't think force feeding him at the expense of others is the answer.....he is doing fine.

DD

13. HP3

HP3 Member

He's 21 years old. And he has as many games as Anthony Edwards in his second year. He's only 21 years old. You guys are overreacting.

Sonicbun8 and DaDakota like this.
  14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

KPJ shows flashes, but I’m worried it’s all cancelled out by his mistakes.

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

OMG. Happy New Year.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

sign him up to a 3 year contract extension

17. BonziWellsGOAT

Its not a matter of force feeding. Its a matter of getting more than 2 touches in a quarter.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm going to wait on KPJ because I think Wood is the first odd guy out.

Trade him at the deadline and see how KPJ looks.

19. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

He hardly gets the ball during crunch time

20. HP3

HP3 Member

@DaDakota Is actually the voice of reason here man. They are all very young man. Idk what you guys expect right now. First its about Sengun, then its about Green. This forum basically has dudes it likes and dudes it doesnt.

Sonicbun8, Alleyoopsy and DaDakota like this.