1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I have issues with how government and media are portraying this, but I think it's become over politicized to the point where people who don't want to get any vax have made up their mind and will doggedly not get anything.

They also have a circular logic of "can't trust The System...cuz if I get sick, The Best System in the World wilo save me!"

We've been through this crap for over half a year, and its obscene for the no vaxxers to point to declining hospitalizations when they make up the bulk of the current numbers. It's like they're trust falling into nurses and doctors while spitting them in the face on their way down.

They blithely ignore that or how they're behind the failure of herd immunity. Heaven help them more if they secretly enjoy it out of spite.

You even argue health care officials overreact for people who do listen in order to reduce transmission to these unvaxxed losers.

So yeah its emotional and political. I guess pretending these losers as poor little cornered animals that can be presuaded with carrots and candy is way better than alienating them into fierce resistance, but God it's like dragging an anchor and wondering why you're still hikding on for all this time

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make sure not to invite your cousin Daryl who has Ebola too

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

fire this power-mad psychopath into the sun

6. Invisible Fan

If omicron stays weak as the early reports suggest, should be promising with the markets and overall economy.

There will be an uptick with unvaccinated hospital admissions (as transmissible as measles?), but could improve things overall vs delta.

Question is, if most vaccines don't work that well with omicron, how does fighting off omicron mean for immunity among unvaccinated with Delta?

Meh, who cares, they don't.

Pringles likes this.
  7. Pringles

Pringles Member

I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of at home testing available to purchase. The Binax testing has been available since March, and it seems like we got caught flatfooted with this new variant since we thought vaccines would be enough.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Again, you sound like an unhinged nut. His chief concern is public health, and so he is discouraging behaviors that will cause spikes in spread — leading to overwhelmed hospitals. It’s a view shared by millions.

You yourself like to point out that vaccines do not prevent transmission, going so far as to speculate they have no effect on transmission rates — so why are you so angered by public officials taking the logical step to discourage attending large gatherings while omicron is surging? If their job is to safeguard the general welfare of the public — telling people it’s not a problem for them to gather in large numbers (contrary to the evidence) would be gross negligence.

AB and mtbrays like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Pretty good advice. We just had to do this. My wife's brother and sister in law (both unvaccinated) just moved to Canyon (near Amarillo) after a few years moving about in an RV. They also believe they had COVID during their time in the RV and believe they are now self immune. One of their sons (also unvaccinated) just few from Colorado to Amarillo and on the plane thinks he came down with COVID from someone on the plane. They originally planned to visit here for New Years but my wife's mom and step dad are in their 90s and my wife is their primary source of contact and care. Plus our older daughter had heart surgery at birth so we are extra careful about her. We asked them to not visit.

No Worries and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

“No longer my president. DeSantis is new my favorite.” :D

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Trump stay lying.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is straight out of my boomer uncle's spank bank

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Isn't that dude a covid denier and an antivaxxer?

In any case, he's an idiot. 5.4M died of covid so far.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

All US covid testing has been a major failure, from the very start in early 2020 with mishaps and delays to now with lack of cheap/free widely available quick home test. You can blame the FDA for this. Countries that used the WHO-approved tests from the start with the initial PCR WHO-approved test back in Feb of 2020 to the rapid home test throughout this year have access to huge volume at very low cost. FDA meanwhile demand onerous standards that don't produce higher quality test but does drive-up cost and causes huge delay.

FDA Approval Process Keeps Many Rapid COVID Tests Off Market (talkingpointsmemo.com)

This Scientist Created a Rapid Test Just Weeks Into the Pandemic. Here’s Why You Still Can’t Get It. — ProPublica

Pringles likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No clue who he is but he sounds like he has **** for a moral compass.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Deep state got to Trump, Alex Jones 2024

18. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Are you allowing others that are vaccinated to come around? With how transmissible omicron is even amongst those fully vaccinated and boosted, why is that risk level appropriate? If an unvaccinated person has a 75% chance of spreading it and a vaccinated person has a 33% chance (these numbers are obviously made up, just using to illustrate my point), do you deem 33% low enough to risk your wife getting covid and spreading it to her mom and step dad?

19. Invisible Fan

Out of 7 billion worldwide...math sounds right.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Omicron hasn't been as severe especially among those that are vaccinated and even more so if they've had the booster.