1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the Unvaccinated: Explain to me why?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 8, 2021.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So, to sum up so far:

1. Irrational fear of the vaccine.
    2. Fear of government/tyranny.
    3. Bad at risk management, while thinking they are good at risk management.

Any others?

2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Perfect logic to me!

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

explain to me why vaccines for Omicron should be mandatory?

4. adoo

adoo Member

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Under-educated and selfish people. Good educated people all get vaccine to protect themself and others.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

My 91 year old father says people read stuff on Facebook and for some reason they believe it.

RocketWalta, No Worries and Andre0087 like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What are you referring to? There is no particular omicron vaccine.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that's obviously coming, don't be naive

9. HTM

HTM Member

I got my two shots plus the booster... I am getting a bit tired of the jabs + resulting feeling like sh** for 1-2 days after.... so it would be nice if we could wrap this whole thing up.

Only 50% of people get the flu shot, only 50-60% of people vote ... people can't be arsed.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, that's not been true. The two anecdotes I shared are of smart and college-educated people. The crazy libertarian has a PhD and did data science work on covid. I can believe selfish, but lack of education doesn't seem to me to be a correlated factor at all.

A covid vaccine optimized for the omicron strain is coming, sure. But, it's still a covid vaccine. This isn't the first step of a slippery slope where they constantly command you to get some new vaccine every 6 months. It's like a flu shot; it changes every year but it's the same flu shot. And you should get it every year because your immune readiness fades.

LabMouse and Squirtle like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So at this point you're asking a question about something that has yet to happen?

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I never got a flu shot but never got sick.

But being over 50 and somewhat out of shape... on top of seeing people get really sick and watching a family friend almost die, I opted for the Moderna. I'm due to get my booster soon and will as soon as its convenient.

The only unvax'ed person I personally know is my acupuncturist. She is likes to take a holistic approach to her health. She's healthier than anyone I know and I respect her position just as she respects mine. That said she also wears a mask anytime she's around anyone outside her immediate family.

tinman and Astrodome like this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

Why don't you get a flu shot?

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

15. SuraGotMadHops

I am a Trump supporter, I am vaccinated and I get my booster tomorrow. There are a ton of Trump supporters who are vaxed, including Trump himself.

I don't really have an answer on why people don't get vaccinated, I have yet to hear anybody give a sound reason. Regardless of party affiliation, I think it just comes down to whether you are an independent, critical thinker, or whether you just run with whatever news you see on twitter. Honestly, all news networks are unreliable right now. There is a war between left wing and right wing media and we are caught in the middle, having to decide for ourselves what is true and what is false.

I do think though that placing blame on Trump for vaccine hesitancy is a bit exaggerated, and is propagated heavily by the left. The vaccine was developed under Trump's watch, and there are democrats like Kamala that came out and said she would not trust any vaccine that was developed under Trump. Well its the same vaccines now as they were then. How are people expected to hear what she said last year, then all of a sudden flip flop? Simply because the administration changed?

One of the posters above provided a quote where Trump recommended people get the vaccine, but of course you have to dig to find that because that does not fit the lefts narrative that he somehow anti-vax.

16. No Worries

Tucker Carlson's sage warning: Covid will "feminize" you

Tucker thinks covid turns your penis into a vagina? or just gives men ED?

It would not surprise me that fear of ED (aka Fear of The Limp Dick) is driving some unvaccinated Cov-Idiots/Pan-Dummies like Joe Rogan, Aaron Rodgers, Kyrie Irving et al

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm not a huge fan of shots or pharmaceuticals in general and only take something when I feel like I really need it. I take one pill for my high blood pressure and I'm trying to get off of that so far unsuccessfully. Working on diet and exercise to try to control it but we'll see.

I've only had the flu a hand full of times in my 50+ years. I never really got sick and never felt like I needed the shot against something that so rarely affected me. So I just never did. But I realize Covid is much worse than the yearly flu so I'm not taking any chances.

tinman likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I would imagine these other reasons:

4. Prior infection and believing that's enough
    5. Religious or spiritual (pure body, God will, ..)
    6. Covid is a hoax or it's just a cold
    7. Laziness - I'll get to it later
    8. Access - I can't afford to take any time off, I don't have a dr, I'm uninsured and don't know how to get one, I live under a rock

I do know a few. They fall under #6 (covid is mild, I don't need it but then got it when there was financial incentive) and #1/2 (vaccine implant tracking devices).

LabMouse likes this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree with just about all of this. My issue with trumpybear on this issue is that it's not like he's using his large microphone to insist people get the shot(s). He could certainly be doing more about this now instead of whatever the f*** it is he's doing. If you remember, he didn't publicly acknowledge that he was among the first to get the shot. Had that been publicized when it happened, I think the reaction from the bulk of his supporters might've been different. But he kept it hidden and it only came out from another source.

20. No Worries

Trump has also not publicly acknowledge that he has gotten the booster or not.