1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars Sequel Sequel Trilogy in Development

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Exclusive: JJ Abrams Producing Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Series
    By FAITH MCKAY | 16 SECONDS AGO

[​IMG]
    Right now, Star Wars fans are waiting on The Book of Boba Fett, and eventually, The Mandalorian season three. However, they know that there is a lot more Star Wars on the way. Ahsoka, Andor, The Acolyte, and more are coming soon. These shows will explore characters seen in The Mandalorian, characters from Rogue One, and characters no one has seen on screen yet. The Star Wars universe is growing, but it suspiciously seems like some established stories have been left behind. Now, we’ve learned that isn’t the case. Thanks to some work from one of our trusted and proveninside sources, Giant Freakin Robot has exclusively learned that JJ Abrams is producing a show that will be a sequel to the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

Being a sequel to the sequel trilogy should mean that the series will take place after the events of the Skywalker Saga. With JJ Abrams involved as a producer, it would seem more likely that some of the original cast members from the films could return. However, we were unable to confirm which stories they intend to tell. Will it center on Rey? At the end of the Sequel Trilogy, she announced herself a Skywalker and wandered off toward her new future. Will she still be using that name? Or will the story veer away from Rey (played by Daisy Ridley) and focus more on a character like John Boyega’s Finn?

[​IMG]
    John Boyega has been open in interviewsabout his Star Wars experience and it isn’t all positive. He does not like how his character’s story wound up in the end of the Sequel Trilogy. To be fair, a lot of fans didn’t like how that ended up either. Would a series centered on Finn rectify that? Would JJ Abrams be able to convince John Boyega to return at this point? Would he want to? These are really big questions that must be on the mind of JJ Abrams as he moves forward.

At this point, JJ Abrams is only signed on as a producer for the series. He works as only a producer on a lot of projects. We were unable to discover whether he is looking at doing more on this one. With his history with this particular story, it wouldn’t be shocking if he decided to sign on to direct episodes, write episodes, or even become the showrunner.

As the search for these roles moves forward, the temptation to take them on for himself must be there. He let Rian Johnson take over for The Last Jedi and then took the Sequel Trilogy back for its conclusion. Even if he intends to let someone else take this new project on, it seems likely his involvement will level up with time. He’s worked on shows like Lost in the past. He’s seen the success of The Mandalorian on Disney+. It seems hard to believe that he won’t be tempted to do more on a series that continues stories told in his previous work. It’ll be interesting to see who JJ Abrams eventually decides to work with, the stories they decide to tell, and how this shapes up.

Squirtle likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bring me Deadpool!

wait, this is the other Disney property.

Taika!!!!!!

3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Bring me Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. Not going to waste a second on anything related to the sequel travesty, I mean trilogy.

tinman, ROXRAN and Xerobull like this.
  4. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I'd watch it. Waiting on Passion of the Christ 2.

CCity Zero, Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'll watch of course. Just hate the idea of JJ Abrams producing. Dude messes up everything he touches, IMO.

TheRealist137 and Xerobull like this.
  6. Xerobull

He’s ADHD. Starts a project brilliantly and gets distracted by the next thing before he finishes the last.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll watch it but it might suck again

Salvy, DreamShook and Xerobull like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Mesah Thinksah Yousah Rightsah!

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looking for the first ever trans jedi that doesn't take down the empire with the Force, but with feelings and conviction!

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Isn’t JJ a hack?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The emperor is a comedian named Dave

Salvy, Xerobull and Jontro like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

is it out on diznee plus yet? not putting any monies on star wars movies outside of the d+ sub I've already paid.

not excited about this timeline. either fast fwd 1000 years or do kotor. most of us be tired af with anything related to walking skies.

edit: correction, i'd pay for killer of star

TimDuncanDonaut and Xerobull like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have no problem with this. Make Finn a gawd damn Jedi.

Jontro, Xerobull and Salvy like this.
  14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Yep. Everything starts off great, but by the end you're pulling your hair out wondering why you wasted your time.

B-Bob and CCity Zero like this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Mystery box.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. Xerobull

Kennedy must have the Epstein files to stay in control.

robbie380, DreamShook and Entropy like this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What could go wrong?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She hulk in for groan baby yoda?