1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Do people get off to splitting the fanbase? Who cares ... we got both of them

DeBeards, fattz, Denovo and 6 others like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Voted Green. Just needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle so that he can shrug off the bumps and tighten up his handle up. Somebody said in another thread that he has no bag. I see that. He relies on simple crossovers and his speed. Up to now, that’s all he needed to get where he wanted. I would say he has an amazing fastball and no change up or curveball to go to. That said, my post history will show that I’m a big fan of Sengun’s game. I want them both to be successful. It’s not mutually exclusive.

What Green lacks in feel for the game, Sengun has in spades, but they are also polar opposite players in regards to athleticism. I think with a little more NBA nutrition, strength, and conditioning Alperen has another level he can reach physically. Apparently he has already worked hard to get his body to where it is now so how much more athletic or nimble he can get will factor into his trajectory. Also, whether or not he can become a knock down 3 point shooter will go a long way in determining how great he can be. Honestly, if he can just become a serious threat from the 3 point line, that alone would open up his game so much even if his body doesn’t improve.

#42 vator, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    DeBeards, BonziWellsGOAT and xaos like this.
  3. Sengun

Sengun Member

Green's ceiling is higher, but Sengun's floor is also higher. At the age of 19, Sengun takes initiative on the court and can manage those around him. He can make them more active in the game and share the ball with them. Green is a much better scorer, but there's a big difference in mindset between them right now. Green will be better if he reaches his ceiling, but if he doesn't, even Sengun's worst will be better than him.

I believe they both will be an All-Stars one day.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But Green will achieve world peace first.

DeBeards and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. vator

And Sengun is the best passer on the team. Honestly it’s not even close.

DeBeards and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so honestly they're tied

Easy likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not a given that Green's ceiling is higher. Most people take for granted that the more athletic guy always has a higher ceiling. But most people neglect the importance of intelligence.

Some of the top players now are quite non-athletic by NBA standard, Harden, Doncic, and Jokic. They are top players because they are skilled and smart. Sengun is skilled and smart. I am not sure about Green's mental make up so far. I hope he'll be great. If both of them turn out to be top tier talents, we'll be a great team for a long time.

8. gah

gah Member

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have no idea - right now Sengun is miles better than Green.

Green's athleticism is a plus, but if his work ethic or attitude aren't right, he could go anywhere from a star player to out of the league completely.

I hope they are both great.....

DD

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whew. DD didn't commit to one or the other . . . they're safe from the curse

11. vator

My faith in Jalen Green hinges on the fact that I see a clear path to how he gets better with just 2 things that seem pretty easily attainable.

1. Get bigger and stronger. That is essentially a lock to happen. This is as close to a 100% guaranteed and likely occurrence as you’ll ever see in pro sports. He’ll most certainly get bigger and stronger than he is right now.

2. Improve his handle. This isn’t a 100% lock, but I feel like this is an achievable goal if he puts in the work and if his work ethic really is as advertised.

Being stronger and having the ball on a string along with his speed will open up different and better passing angles and also give him more space to shoot because of the havoc he would create on a defense and the pressure he would apply as a constant driving threat.

These 2 things alone would unlock his game. Give him the ability to play with more pace.

DeBeards and xaos like this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Green will either be JR smith in 5 years or T-mac

Sengun will either be Pau Gasol in 5 years or Jokic

:eek:

AroundTheWorld, aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is just too much time to kill and anything can even happen in a 2 year span.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Green is going to be Kobe and Sengun gonna be Jokic, and then we will have Chet who is basically Kevin Durant. We 6 peat

AroundTheWorld, vator and Easy like this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

OP trying to split the fan base against each other... Don't fall for it... Keep the focus on Stone and Tilly...

Joe Rocket and Reeko like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's because he'll be out of the NBA and buried somewhere on a bench overseas.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T. Make a poll: "Who is the most to blame for the franchise's misery?"

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah if Garuba and JC ever play

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Too many options... Gotta decipher if for this season or the whole decade to come...

Easy likes this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Theyve been trying to start a rookie vs rookie war since summer league, its the only way knuckle draggers can function. I have been called a Jalen only fan and a Sengun only fan lol

DeBeards and vator like this.