1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/17/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

@HP3 another foolish post. Have you even read any of my posts? No anger. I never had any expectations for this team and have said that fans should just enjoy their growth and green as a rookie who’s growing before our eyes. I never even talk about coaching. My contention is its on players. Its not about coaching at all. Please be educated and read and try to comprehend before making such misinformed and outlandish comments using my name.

HP3 likes this.
  2. juanming

juanming Member

I said on page one it would be better for the fans if the team forfeited and did not play instead of losing like they did and I was right

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Only an idiot doesn’t play their best player/players. Sengun is literally the best rookie on the team right now and arguably the best player on the team. This isn’t hyperbole, he’s a good basketball player.

4. VoR

VoR Member

What I liked: Green really getting comfortable on the screen 3. Tate has grown into a leader. The league loves Gordon.

What I didn't like: the team doesn't really have an identity on defense. Aleksej Pokuševski is ugly and should get everyone to chill off the Chet train.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Chet is one of the best prospects in years. Compared to a young KG.
    Exactly what this team needs.

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

The more I think about this situation. It’s actually entertaining watching the rockets. Not entertaining because we’re winning but more at the expense of the entirety of the organization. It’s like how low can we go and we manage to go lower. Tilman knows what he’s doing.
    Game day threads reaching + 70 is on par with the Harden days.

Patience, DeBeards and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. 7uche

7uche Member

I promise you Chet is 100x better than Poku

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

That podcast everyone is talking about with Roosh, do they do that after every game? I liked it. What happened last night by starting House and Nwaba in the 2nd half was desperation and stupidity. The equivalent of a certain team down on Kirby giving David Johnson 20 carries.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We really have no way of knowing for sure, but I tried to come up with some ideas as to why Senguns minutes are limited to the extent they are. Statistically this is the best I could come up with as to why maybe they aren’t comfortable letting him play a bunch yet.

Sengun is 8th in the league in fouls per minute
    Sengun is 10th in the league in turnovers per minute

I guess you could argue on a team this bad who cares about excessive fouling and turnovers, just let him learn out there. Maybe they think they already are playing too many high turnover guys and want to limit things as much as they can.

Then again, maybe Silas is just an idiot.

HP3 likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mathews with 21 minutes last night??? LOLLLLL

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

my lord, conspiracy theories;)
    [​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Not every game, only once a week so that he could give his thoughts on Ls/Ws which usually cover several games, evaluating players' performances, sorting out a few takeaways.

Edit: I'm waiting his latest video

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He could have replaced Wood who was playing poorly all night then...which is a player I also complained about but you said all I do is complain about players...

I even said that, if you like how Theis was playing, fine...but Wood was terrible out there defensively and offensively, he's usually not this bad but...hey, I'm

I just don't get the approach I guess. It does come off as defending because you go after everyone that says something negative about what he does.

Also, yes, no one understands why you only played one of your best players 5 minutes. We're really trying to understand that decision. We're allowed to question that decision despite not being NBA coaches.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  14. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

I dunno. I think chet will be a bust.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol, the turnover triplets, KPJ, JG, and CW already had like 10 turnovers in the first quarter against the Grizz before Sengun even came into the game. We’re gonna only blame Alpi for turnover problems??

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

House started for a need.

House started for a need.

Also, this season is beyond painful to watch and it's not due to the losses. The way the losses take place says more than what the record indicates. I don't place more than 50 percent of the blame on inexperience and rookies.

Too many players are being used in such weird ways that deviate from individual strengths. The locker room, while young, knows this.

Also, while obvious, EGO is tired. One of the loudest ears. MGMT is waiting, but he is ready. Very ready after recent locker room discussions.

Wish you well.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Is there rumblings around Silas?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree that Coach Silas had a terrible hand dealt to him right off the bat. Last season was a nightmare, and not one that he was responsible for. I give him a complete pass for last year.

I also agree that he doesn't have a good hand to play now. While there might be a few here (amazingly enough) who seriously believe that we should be winning a decent number of games with the incredibly young and inexperienced team we have this season, I'm not one of them. You could say I'm one of what I think is a large majority who expect us to lose a large majority of our games. The losing isn't what's bothering me. Heck, I'm looking forward to having our own pick in the next draft and it being another in the top 5.

What bothers me is how we are losing. I'm having a difficult time discerning just what Coach Silas is attempting to do. His intent with our offense and defense. The players he starts, the rotations, the guys who seem to spend far too much time on the bench vs players, like House recently, eating up time on the court when there ought to be a spot on the pine with his name on it and the caption, "Stay Here!" Yeah, I'm a little confused.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol have people lost their GD minds?

I said in the post you quoted that we already play plenty of other high turnover players. Acknowledging Sengun is not the only one. The difference is he also fouls at a crazy rate. Something the other guys don’t do.

And I clearly said who knows what the reasons are. I only offered a possibility.

Christ.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Game day threads arent making TIllman any money buddy.